Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI resolution is not good.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • One big problem i found was missing menu/settings button on remote.
  • Very happy with the purchase.
  • Slight yellow tint all across.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.
  • Size does matter :)

I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Here are some pics. Apologies for bad quality.

Cheers,
AJ
Looks big. Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the wallmounting bracket along with the tv? If possible please click a picture with lights turned on.

Guys i finally got time to open the box and install the TV. I ordered direct from MI site. The box was packed like a tank and it took me more time to remove the packing than installation. The TV looks huge in person my viewing distance is 11-12 ft and i find it borderline distance. My current TV is 5 year old 60 inch Samsung 7 series UHD.

Initial impression is very good and TV looks better than i expected. Few points:

• This is definitely not 1000 nits may be 600-800.Will know more about brightness performance during daytime.
  • UI resolution is not good.
  • UI is not very slow. I found no issues. It is not as fast as Firestick 4k but not bad.
  • One big problem i found was missing menu/settings button on remote.
  • Very happy with the purchase.
  • Slight yellow tint all across.
  • Remote needs to be synched once before it works. The very first time, the TV needs to be turned on using the button only.
  • Size does matter :)

I followed the instructions on the box and lifted the box vertically. Found it quite easy.

Here are some pics. Apologies for bad quality.

Cheers,
AJ

View attachment 56766View attachment 56767View attachment 56768
Thank you for your reply sir

I wasn't aware of this. I wish they would fix such things quickly without anyone noticing
It's really Google's fault. I don't think Xiaomi can do anything about that. Not sure about how patchwall renders thing, but even on the new Google TV UI it's 1080p.

The way to change it is to use ADB to set DPI to 640 IIRC. But you need to be a bit experienced with it, and there might be some text scaling issues (which you'll need to scale again with ADB).

It's really Google's fault. I don't think Xiaomi can do anything about that. Not sure about how patchwall renders thing, but even on the new Google TV UI it's 1080p.

The way to change it is to use ADB to set DPI to 640 IIRC. But you need to be a bit experienced with it, and there might be some text scaling issues (which you'll need to scale again with ADB).
Yep i did this on my VU tv which is a 65 inch. Worked fine no issues but still can't match kodi icons which looks at home even on my projectors 150 inch screen

I received the TV today. Installation service is not available in Bangalore due to lockdown. Customer care has asked to go ahead with self installation. One shot video of installation must be produced for warranty purpose. I may install the TV tonight.
Warranty is void if the customer opens it. Get a email confirmation from MI.

Can you also post photo of the remote. Few videos I saw had numeric keys. Want to know what remote Indian version has.

Last edited:
Thank you all for responses and suggestions. Work is keeping me busy right now. I will respond to all the queries very soon.

Thanks.

Flipkart is showing next sale tomorrow. However it's not deliverable to many pincodes because of ongoing lockdown.
where ok FK is it showing that the tv is going on sale again tomorrow? Can’t find it anywhere

where ok FK is it showing that the tv is going on sale again tomorrow? Can’t find it anywhere

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-05 222520.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-05 222520.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 27
I have a query, my viewing distance is 16 feet. I am contemplating between Samsung frame 65 which will cost the same as MI 75. Which one is the better TV?

I have a query, my viewing distance is 16 feet. I am contemplating between Samsung frame 65 which will cost the same as MI 75. Which one is the better TV?
Are you getting Samsung 75" QLED for the same price?. If yes then go for it, Samsung is a better brand than mi.

For 16 feet Mi 75 inch all the way, there is no point in getting a small 65 inch TV for that huge distance.

With Samsung, you will get a better Video Processor, 4k@120Hz, and probably a better pannel but you will lose out on Size, Local Dimming, and DV support.

Is 65 inch Frame in stock? Whenever I check on Samsung website it shows out of stock. What’s your location?

For 16 feet go with 75 inch. I am using a 65 inch from a viewing distance of around 7 ft. Initially i found the same to be on the bigger side (having replaced a 50incher at the same position) and now have gotten used to it (the size I mean). Do get the bigger size TV it will make your viewing experience better.

tried to buy but went out of stock at the payment page. Very limited quantity I guess. Even after so many years flipkart buying experience is laggy AF for product drops

edit: 1 unit came back in stock for Delhi/Ncr. Bought. Got it for 1,10,749 with discount of 9250 on hdfc.

It wasn’t showing ~13k discount that others got earlier but I didn’t want to risk it by trying another hdfc card or FK account so went ahead with it.

Expected delivery on may 10th

Edit2: Viewing distance is exactly 10 ft, I've looked at rtings and other viewing distance guides and they say it should be ok, but was wondering if anyone with a 75 inch tv can advise on viewing distance?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back