Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

No, I am just not sure enough, so still hesitant.
Yes there was an additional offer in flipkart offers (amongst the 10 offers showing on the page) which gave additional discount on select hdfc cards, which is the reason why you are getting additional discount.

1.06 its a no brainer, if i had that space or moolah I would pull the trigger. You'd get only 55 inches at this price from othr brands today. This is loss leader pricing and may not last long.

1.06 its a no brainer, if i had that space or moolah I would pull the trigger. You'd get only 55 inches at this price from othr brands today. This is loss leader pricing and may not last long.
While the TV is cheaper than other brands, it isn't loss leader pricing or a loss-making product. Sony provides the X900H 75" at a cheaper price than this in the US, and Xiaomi itself is selling this TV for cheaper in China for more than a year now.

It's just that no one in India has ever priced their 75" TV at a reasonable price until now(because bigger panels are all imported) so we're all surprised. Xiaomi is making it in India as well, so that saves them a lot of import duties.

I was looking for a reasonably priced 75” TV for my gym room and placed my order for a Xiaomi one today. While I was prepared to get a Sony/Samsung as far as my budget is concerned, I couldn’t digest the fact that I need to pay 2x-3x the US prices for a normal big screen TV for these brands. While I understand that Xiaomi TV is not going to offer an amazing PQ, I am happy that I am not being fleeced by means of differential pricing. Infact the euro pricing of EUR 1299 or UAE pricing of AED 5799 for this TV abroad is lot more comparable to what I paid today. I think this is a good step in the right direction for a brand.

While the TV is cheaper than other brands, it isn't loss leader pricing or a loss-making product. Sony provides the X900H 75" at a cheaper price than this in the US, and Xiaomi itself is selling this TV for cheaper in China for more than a year now.

It's just that no one in India has ever priced their 75" TV at a reasonable price until now(because bigger panels are all imported) so we're all surprised. Xiaomi is making it in India as well, so that saves them a lot of import duties.
I agree they wont make a loss on cost or BOM, but just a few days ago the FMs were trying to justify a 35% uptick on similar models between US/UK/EU and India given GST etc,:) and 1.06 esp is definitely a no brainer for a premium product or a 75" qled with good specs and a good brand with acceptable service. I feel given the context, quite clear they are trying to conquer the market here. The buyer part of the market has a mindset tuned for Samsung/Sony and even TCL launching good products at decent premiums, I feel Mi have sacrificed some potential moolah here for the greater good to set the market tones and hence the comment. I hope this is a runaway success for Mi and sets the brains of Sony and Samsung to get more logical given they too can start manufacturing here similarly

Last edited:
I agree they wont make a loss on cost or BOM, but just a few days ago the FMs were trying to justify a 35% uptick on similar models between US/UK/EU and India given GST etc,:) and 1.06 esp is definitely a no brainer for a premium product or a 75" qled with good specs and a good brand with acceptable service. I feel given the context, quite clear they are trying to conquer the market here. The buyer part of the market has a mindset tuned for Samsung/Sony and even TCL launching good products at decent premiums, I feel Mi have sacrificed some potential moolah here for the greater good to set the market tones and hence the comment. I hope this is a runaway success for Mi and sets the brains of Sony and Samsung to get more logical given they too can start manufacturing here similarly
35% uptick over the US price is inevitable as 28% of that is GST only. However, for the 75" models India sees a 100-200% uptick in price, which is unacceptable. Even this TV in the US will be priced around $1300 considering the European price. Even US to Europe the prices get 30-40% uptick.

For example, the CX 77" in the US sells for around $3200 while in India it costs a stupid 7.x lakh rupees. That's almost 200% increase in the price, or 3 times the price. The same is the case with Sony/Samsung 75"/77" models too. The X9000H in US sells for $1500, while we get X8000H for double that which is basically robbery.

I think the price is really good too, and it's a must-buy if you're looking for a 70+" TV. However, at say 2 lakhs this TV wouldn't sell that well as nobody is going to invest 2 lakhs in a Xiaomi TV when the X9500H is available for 2.5-2.6 lakhs.

With the tv not providing 4k at 120 hz ,not great for new game consoles , otherwise great pricing

Ppl compare the pricing here to the US should know that ultimately it comes down sales volumes, availability of components, duty on the imported components, etc. Further in US too whenever you buy from physical stores there is a tax applied on top of the price (some of the e-commerce sites do still escape the same). Same is the case in automobiles, audio equipment which are far more niche segments therefore unless the distributors have adequate premiums they may not be amenable for stocking the product.

In case of manufacturers also there are cases of pricing strategies (pl remember the days before the advent of chinese smartphone brands) depending on the forseeable volume (now most of the smartphone brands have something which is also priced lower), drive out smaller competitors with predatory pricing, etc

Maybe we can deliberate more on this - local manufacturing may not be the only reason for pricing the goods lower.

On flipkart I am getting Rs 13750 discount on HDFC credit card, should I pull the trigger?
Flipkart is showing 7500 on HDFC cards, what is the other 6250 discount from? Is it no cost emi discount or something else

Last edited:
Wow, another good TV after U7980.

I feel like buying it even though I have not need because of great pricing.

I moved back to my home town and missing big 65 screen. 75 should be even better just that TV will use up the entire wall
When is the next sale?

Wow, another good TV after U7980.

I feel like buying it even though I have not need because of great pricing.

I moved back to my home town and missing big 65 screen. 75 should be even better just that TV will use up the entire wall
When is the next sale?
It's available now. It keeps on going out of stock and comes again.

Back