Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

And a 55" TV from 5.5 feet is going to look exactly as bright as 75" from 7.5 feet if they have the same brightness output. They'll fill in the same field of view and are exactly the same brightness. The 75" is further away, but since it's bigger it generates proportionally more light output.
Well I am a bit confused if the 55 and the 75 have the same peak brightness then will the 75 seem to less bright as the same is being watched over a larger distance ?

Well I am a bit confused if the 55 and the 75 have the same peak brightness then will the 75 seem to less bright as the same is being watched over a larger distance ?
Most MI 55" Tv have peak brightness below 500 nits, whereas the 75" has 1000 nits (on paper) brightness which is the same as a max peak brightness of OLED's

I don't think it will go OOS soon as few people will be able to order as only delivery of essentials is allowed in most metropolitan cities and states like Maharashtra and Karnataka on a partial lockdown.

It won't be. Brightness is measured in nits or candelas/m^2, which are normalized by area measurements, so a bigger screen with the same brightness will output more light as it has more area. That's why a TV will fill the whole dark room with light while a smartphone with the same brightness won't.

For example, a 100 nit (also known as candela/m^2) TV with area of 2 m^2 will output light equal to 200 candelas. However, the same 100 nit brightness on a 4 m^2 area TV will output 400 candelas.

If you do some more math using 3D geometry, you will come to the conclusion that brightness to your eye depends on the angle projected by the TV to it. That's why a 75" TV at 7.5 feet will look exactly the same as a 55" from 5.5 feet.

Most MI 55" Tv have peak brightness below 500 nits, whereas the 75" has 1000 nits (on paper) brightness which is the same as a max peak brightness of OLED's
Well I think very few OLEDs barring the more expensive ones have anywhere close to 1000 nits and thats why they are better for dark room viewing. Further the qleds with local dimming especially the minileds (if they trickle down to budget levels) now these are priced at a premium to OLEDs have the best brighness and are the ones for HDR/DV viewing

The product was live and sold out in 5 min. It was in my cart at 12:00 pm but unfortunately, my state is not allowing delivery of non-essentials.

Anyone from this group was able to order?

I bought on flipkart. Was a very easy process - it came in stock at 11:56 and was able to checkout immediately without hassles.
One unexpected thing was that I only paid 1.06L for it - somehow I got a discount of almost 14K with my HDFC card!!

It remained in stock until 5-10 mins after 12 noon.

The product was live and sold out in 5 min. It was in my cart at 12:00 pm but unfortunately, my state is not allowing delivery of non-essentials.

Anyone from this group was able to order?
I checked for bangalore it was showing 2 days delivery but I didn't order as I don't need one.

For Lucknow: it is available and allows you to checkout. But post that the message says:
"We're sorry, our delivery partners currently do not service orders above ₹ 75000 to your region. Kindly provide a different address, or edit the products in your cart to proceed.

Same thing to my location in mi app. While in flipkart it was suddenly deliverable and I went to payment page. I was worried to pay and came back to double check. Then it suddenly says not deliverable

IMHO, a 55" premium TV is way better than a 75" mediocre TV. :)
In paper at least it doesn't look like a mediocre TV and is up with the premium LED-LCDs out there. I just wanted to have a good thorough review of it from our trusted community members before pulling the trigger, but at 1.06 the deal is looking too hard to pass off.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back