Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

You can get 55" OLEDs for 1.1-1.2 lakhs easily around Diwali and even now CX is available at 1.3 lakhs on Amazon itself and cheaper offline. This year OLEDs will get even cheaper and I fully expect either one of CX/C1 to go to 1 lakh this Diwali easily. For a gaming TV, screen size doesn't matter much as you can sit closer to the TV as you're gaming alone. Just get a bean bag and you're good to go.

This TV is meant to be a hall/living room TV to watch with the family. In that scenario, you can't move the sofa closer to the TV. A big TV also looks great in the hall. Also, it's brighter and LCD so will be a bit better in bad lighting and no burn-in.
True. But most of us stay in an apartment where the living room is the media center room. OLEDs are good and nothing can beat it but you need a dark environment to enjoy it else you get a lot of reflection at least during the daytime.

Also, Screen size matters during gaming. Bigger the screen size better the experience.

Last edited:
I don't think the discount will be on Flipkart. It's only showing worth 1250 with HDFC cards. It should eventually come though.

You will easily be able to grab this TV:
  1. It's made in India, so no import restriction shenanigans which will destroy the supply like with Toshiba/Hisense.
  2. It's 1.2 lakhs, so very very few in India will be able to afford it.
  3. People with no idea of India's TV market won't buy it because they think a 1.2 lakh Xiaomi TV is "overpriced".
India is a highly dominated market by Samsung, Sony, and now LG with their OLEDs. Out of the three LG is kind of fairly priced as compared to the other two but still overpriced when compared to US markets. I think Xiaomi is able to control the pricing due to the fact it's India-made and no customs duties.

Also, Screen size matters during gaming. Bigger the screen size better the experience.
Not really. What matters is the viewing angle when viewing any display. A 55" TV from 5.5 feet will look just as big as a 65" TV from 6.5 feet. If you're getting the TV for gaming, you can move closer to the TV (using a bean bag, recliner etc..) so even a small TV will occupy a bigger angle.

A 55" TV from 5-6 feet away looks massive and gives you all the immersion you need for gaming.

I believe we are expecting too much from this TV. Considering the Price, if it can perform decently with Streaming/Game (low demanding), then it's worth the shot.

I am in the market for a 75" TV for my living room and this offering from Xiaomi just got my attention.

I have been testing the waters with Xiaomi this year and picked up a Mi10T Pro phone. The thing is a beast. If that is anything to go by then the build quality and features for their "premium quality" products are absolutely great. I think they are going to give the present players a real run for their money. If not for the pandemic I would have headed over to the Mi Store near my place to take a look.

The only negative is the lag with the software. 2 GB is on the low side. I have an Apple TV so that may not be an issue.

I am in the market for a 75" TV for my living room and this offering from Xiaomi just got my attention.

I have been testing the waters with Xiaomi this year and picked up a Mi10T Pro phone. The thing is a beast. If that is anything to go by then the build quality and features for their "premium quality" products are absolutely great. I think they are going to give the present players a real run for their money. If not for the pandemic I would have headed over to the Mi Store near my place to take a look.

The only negative is the lag with the software. 2 GB is on the low side. I have an Apple TV so that may not be an issue.
I think they'll fix the software in a few updates. Their other TVs have worse processors and still manage to be relatively quick (obviously not as quick as phones).

If you have the Apple TV 4k, the only reason to use the TV's software is to change the settings.

Not really. What matters is the viewing angle when viewing any display. A 55" TV from 5.5 feet will look just as big as a 65" TV from 6.5 feet. If you're getting the TV for gaming, you can move closer to the TV (using a bean bag, recliner etc..) so even a small TV will occupy a bigger angle.

A 55" TV from 5-6 feet away looks massive and gives you all the immersion you need for gaming.
I am sure you must be wearing spectacles

I am sure you must be wearing spectacles
I don't have spectacles, and have a 20/15 vision. Why would I have spectacles anyway?

Watching a 55" TV from 5.5 feet or 77" from 7.7 feet is the exact same for your eyes. No difference.

If distance from screens caused eye issues, smartphones would have caused mass blindness by now lol. Please don't believe everything your parents told you when you were a little child.

I don't have spectacles, and have a 20/15 vision. Why would I have spectacles anyway?

Watching a 55" TV from 5.5 feet or 77" from 7.7 feet is the exact same for your eyes. No difference.

If distance from screens caused eye issues, smartphones would have caused mass blindness by now lol. Please don't believe everything your parents told you when you were a little child.
Thank your parents for that, they gave you healthy food due to which your eyes are healthy.

If the distance from screens caused eye issues, smartphones would have caused mass blindness by now lol. Please don't believe everything your parents told you when you were a little child.

Phone and TV don't have high nits to make anyone blind but surely decrease eyesight/cause strain over the period due to prolonged exposure. Try using your phone at peak brightness in a dark look for a prolonged period.

Why waste on a 55" TV then get a 24" monitor and sit at 2-3 FT. As per your logic same experience :)

Lastly, what are you doing in this group if you are not at all interested in a 75" TV?

Distance from screen and brightness are definitely going to be factors for longevity of eyesight and the quality. Distance to screen will govern the focal length which will govern how much your eye muscles have to work to give you a clear picture. Brightness is self evident, generally closer you sit to the screen higher exposure to brightness your eyes will have.

I am not a doctor above are just my views based on logic

Lastly, what are you doing in this group if you are not at all interested in a 75" TV?

He is interested in getting this one.

Further I assume that the experience he meant was purely from the perspective of gaming. Regarding viewing obviously the larger the better (goes without saying that we do not compromise on the PQ)

Phone and TV don't have high nits to make anyone blind but surely decrease eyesight/cause strain over the period due to prolonged exposure. Try using your phone at peak brightness in a dark look for a prolonged period.
Uh what, phones these days are easily capable of over 1200-1300 nits. Also, why would I watch my phone at peak brightness in dark.

What you're saying is that distance from a screen affects eyesight which is straight-up wrong. Also, brightness doesn't cause myopia. myopia is caused by repeatedly straining your eye muscles which adjust your lens. It has more to do with your food and genetics.

High brightness can cause retina damage, which won't be fixed with spectacles. However, a 55" TV from 5.5 feet will look exactly the same brightness as 75" screen from 7.5 feet. At the same nits/cdm^-2, 75" TV will also generate proportionally more light output.
Why waste on a 55" TV then get a 24" monitor and sit at 2-3 FT. As per your logic same experience :)
It's not the same experience because you can't lay back from a PC monitor. But for gaming, a PC monitor is good enough. That's why the LG CX 48" is selling so much despite being the same price as the 55".

Size doesn't matter for a gaming screen that much.
I am interested in it, but as a hall TV as you can't move the sofa and multiple people watch it. We are discussing gaming, in which size doesn't matter.

If I was getting a TV for gaming, 75" TV is pure waste of money. You can just sit closer to the TV/monitor.
Distance from screen and brightness are definitely going to be factors for longevity of eyesight and the quality. Distance to screen will govern the focal length which will govern how much your eye muscles have to work to give you a clear picture.
Your eye muscles won't have any difference focusing 5 v/s 7 feet (0.2D v/s 0.142D). It's only that at very short distances they get strained and lead to myopia. I'm talking about 20-30 cm here.
Brightness is self evident, generally closer you sit to the screen higher exposure to brightness your eyes will have.
And a 55" TV from 5.5 feet is going to look exactly as bright as 75" from 7.5 feet if they have the same brightness output. They'll fill in the same field of view and are exactly the same brightness. The 75" is further away, but since it's bigger it generates proportionally more light output.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back