Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

The panel of the U80 are better I think. That panel goes upto 1400 nits and has more local dimming zones. Though I'd still buy this one due to how bad the VIDAA OS is and Toshiba has provided exactly 0 OS updates since launch.

I don't think the U80 is going to launch anyway. Hisense will announce the successor to the H9G/U8QF soon, so the U8080 is basically vapourware.
Cheapness aside haven't heard of any great after sales support from Hisense/Toshiba. Better to stick with xiaomi.

Cheapness aside haven't heard of any great after sales support from Hisense/Toshiba. Better to stick with xiaomi.
Yes, absolutely. Xiaomi will have better sales support if you need it. That being said you can get rather cheap extended warranties from 3rd parties like Flipkart/Reliance too where they will reimburse the cost. I don't think after-sales service should be as big of a factor as we make it out to be.

Hisense would have been significantly bigger in India(which equals better support) if it weren't for the trade war and import restrictions. They are definitely coming to India in a big way in a few years and even had plans to release their flagship dual-cell LCD.

Which one will be better option purchase from flipkart or xiaomi's own website in terms of 10 day replacement policy. I have had pretty bad experience with flipkart in getting product replaced for diplay issues(cell phones) where they refuse to acknowledge display issue other than dead pixels and claim it's under tolerance %. The technician they send for checkup are uninformed not knowing anything about banding, grey uniformity and other display issue. So from where would you all suggest to get it from.

MI support is much better so would suggest you to get it from them. I have good experience with them but I have also not faced any issues with flipkart

One of the reviews I guess said the panel is 120HZ only when we enable MEMC. Does that mean its SW gimmic than local HW support?

One of the reviews I guess said the panel is 120HZ only when we enable MEMC. Does that mean its SW gimmic than local HW support?
The panel is 120Hz, end of discussion. There's no ifs and buts here.

Obviously the content will only be played at 120Hz with MEMC because the TV doesn't have 4k 120 input support and no content with 120fps exists.

The reason you need a 120Hz panel even with no 120fps content and no full HDMI 2.1 is motion. 120Hz panels can play 24fps content perfectly without judder and generally have faster response times.

Also the TV can accept 1080p 120 and 1440p 120 inputs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obviously the content will only be played at 120Hz with MEMC because the TV doesn't have 4k 120 input support and no content with 120fps exists.

The reason you need a 120Hz panel even with no 120fps content and no full HDMI 2.1 is motion. 120Hz panels can play 24fps content perfectly without judder and generally have faster response times.

Consoles generally drop to 1080p to support 120 so it probably will support gaming too. The review is terrible. Complete waste of time.

Is the 7500 discount on flipkart too? Currently it's only showing up on the Mi website.
I hope I'm able to grab this on launch day from either portal! Seems like fantastic value, and only missing thing is 4K@120Hz input. Absolutely every other spec / feature is included for the best PQ.

I hope it's 192 zones, all reviews say it's 192 except in mihome app where it says 92. Besides any info if this is wall mountable? (I hope it should be)
And is the wall mount provided with the tv? Any info?

Bro, what are you saying, can you confirm if the TV support true 4k @ 120Hz? If I connect an RTX 3XXX series card with HDMI 2.1, will it support natively? The specs are not clear, it does say 120 with MEMC and there is an asterisk over the HDMI 2.1

Reference specs - https://www.mi.com/in/mi-qled-tv-75/specs

Bro, what are you saying, can you confirm if the TV support true 4k @ 120Hz? If I connect an RTX 3XXX series card with HDMI 2.1, will it support natively? The specs are not clear, it does say 120 with MEMC and there is an asterisk over the HDMI 2.1

The Mi QLED TV 75 does not support 4K video streaming at 120fps decoding (input) due to
hardware limitations. The TV can decode upto 1080p at 120fps and 4K at 60fps natively.
The TV
will upscale the input source to output 120fps using Reality Flow 120(MEMC) to match native
refresh rate of the panel.

The Mi QLED TV 75 does not support 4K video streaming at 120fps decoding (input) due to
hardware limitations. The TV can decode upto 1080p at 120fps and 4K at 60fps natively.
The TV
will upscale the input source to output 120fps using Reality Flow 120(MEMC) to match native
refresh rate of the panel.
Thanks, that's what I thought, where did you get that information from, its just that @lightgamer got me confused and excited, but I think the 'Mysmartprice' review did say/show it supported 1440p @ 120Hz. Also, I doubt this TV has VRR, right?

So confused between this and the CX.

where did you get that information from
It was on the 4th point under disclaimer. ;) The 5th point does answer your other question.

5. This TV supports HDMI 2.1 | eARC | ALLM. It does not support Variable Refresh Rate.

Last edited:

I clearly mentioned in the comment that it won't accept a 4k 120 signal:
the TV doesn't have 4k 120 input support
If you connect an RTX 3000 series card, you'll be able to do upto 1440p 120Hz or 4k 60Hz.
Thanks, that's what I thought, where did you get that information from, its just that @lightgamer got me confused and excited, but I think the 'Mysmartprice' review did say/show it supported 1440p @ 120Hz. Also, I doubt this TV has VRR, right?
It doesn't have VRR since only ALLM and eARC from HDMI 2.1 spec is followed.
For gaming, CX all the way. This is more of a living room family TV.

Actually, it's better to wait for C1. Either the price of CX will drop or you can get C1 with the enhanced gaming options.

One more point to note that MI Q1 doesn't have a true 10-bit panel, it instead has an 8 bit+ FRC panel which generates 1.07 billion colors.

I clearly mentioned in the comment that it won't accept a 4k 120 signal:

If you connect an RTX 3000 series card, you'll be able to do upto 1440p 120Hz or 4k 60Hz.

It doesn't have VRR since only ALLM and eARC from HDMI 2.1 spec is followed.

For gaming, CX all the way. This is more of a living room family TV.

Actually, it's better to wait for C1. Either the price of CX will drop or you can get C1 with the enhanced gaming options.
For OLEDs one will have to sacrifice the TV size to come to a price point of 1.5 lakhs for a 55". there won't be any 75" /65" OLEDs for a price point of 1.2 lakhs in a near future anytime soon.

CX any day, if you wait for sometime you should get the CX at a good deal. I don't think many TVs give the features for gamers which CX gives.

It boils down to whether your priority is size or picture quality. Unfortunately both cant be had at this price point :p

No contest in size for the Mi 75". It can fit 2 55" Panels!!!

Picture-Quality wise there is no comparison with the CX

For OLEDs one will have to sacrifice the TV size to come to a price point of 1.5 lakhs for a 55". there won't be any 75" /65" OLEDs for a price point of 1.2 lakhs in a near future anytime soon.
You can get 55" OLEDs for 1.1-1.2 lakhs easily around Diwali and even now CX is available at 1.3 lakhs on Amazon itself and cheaper offline. This year OLEDs will get even cheaper and I fully expect either one of CX/C1 to go to 1 lakh this Diwali easily. For a gaming TV, screen size doesn't matter much as you can sit closer to the TV as you're gaming alone. Just get a bean bag and you're good to go.

This TV is meant to be a hall/living room TV to watch with the family. In that scenario, you can't move the sofa closer to the TV. A big TV also looks great in the hall. Also, it's brighter and LCD so will be a bit better in bad lighting and no burn-in.

Is the 7500 discount on flipkart too? Currently it's only showing up on the Mi website.
I hope I'm able to grab this on launch day from either portal! Seems like fantastic value, and only missing thing is 4K@120Hz input. Absolutely every other spec / feature is included for the best PQ.
I don't think the discount will be on Flipkart. It's only showing worth 1250 with HDFC cards. It should eventually come though.

You will easily be able to grab this TV:
  1. It's made in India, so no import restriction shenanigans which will destroy the supply like with Toshiba/Hisense.
  2. It's 1.2 lakhs, so very very few in India will be able to afford it.
  3. People with no idea of India's TV market won't buy it because they think a 1.2 lakh Xiaomi TV is "overpriced".

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back