Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Damn, if I had the space i would buy this too. Considering was willing to spend 1.2 for a sony 55 incher this is a steal.

I am in the same boat, looking for a good TV.
Using the 1st gen Mi 4 55" TV and I too see some shading on white background.

Looking for a TV which has latest standards. Should be good for gaming too, this TV ticks most of the boxes except gaming related features.
My focus is also on 4K gaming @60 (still waiting on Ps5 restocks) and movies. Let me know what you decide might help me in deciding.

2.5 lakhs wouldn't have made any sense. You can get flagships like the Sony X9500H for that kind of money.

This is very tempting indeed. My only issue is the peak brightness of the display, which once again Xiaomi have not announced. I don't want a dim TV in my bright living room.
In one of the YT reviews its mentioned that its 1500 nits whereas OLEDS have max 1000 nits

this tv is a seriously good deal at 1.2L.a 1000 nits brightness is more than enough to justify the price. rest of the features are bonus.

look at the spec 1000nits,10000:1 contrast ratio,dci-p3 95%,120 hz panel,all the hdr standards supported.

The only drawback is buggy software. which can be easily solved by getting a fire stick 4k.also this tv can not do 4k@120 hz. but it's unfair to expect that at this price point

also this tv can not do 4k@120 hz. but it's unfair to expect that at this price point
This TV can do 1440p 120Hz input from a game console/PC, which is more than enough for most gamers. Most 120Hz TVs without full HDMI 2.1 are limited at 1080p 120Hz.

My focus is also on 4K gaming @60 (still waiting on Ps5 restocks) and movies. Let me know what you decide might help me in deciding.
Redmi has launched TVs which support most of the gaming features, but would wait for other OEMs to launch something similar. The brightness of Redmi TVs is just 300-350 nits.

Mi has launched a very great TV at 1.2 lakhs, would love to see more variations of these TVs.

This TV can do 1440p 120Hz input from a game console/PC, which is more than enough for most gamers. Most 120Hz TVs without full HDMI 2.1 are limited at 1080p 120Hz.
you sure about that.the xiomi page does not mention 1440p. check here

Also one more thing I want to add about the specs.This is tv has input lag of only 11ms which is excellent.

Seriously if this TV goes busted, would there be timely support from their after sales service?
Xiaomi has a very wide reaching support network in India. They've sold a ton of TVs in India.

If an OEM can't service the thing, you'll just get the money back or a replacement. Happened with my Lenovo laptop in 2016 where I got the full refund after 3.5 years of using the thing.

At this price, I'm guessing the QC probably won't be up to the mark and panel lottery could be a big thing with this one?
It does look great on paper though.

Seriously if this TV goes busted, would there be timely support from their after sales service?
Its an established brand here and much much better than trusting a tcl/hisense/toshiba I suppose. Only reservation I have against Mi is the Chinese origin, but if it helps break the Samsung/Sony atrocity why not.
At this price, I'm guessing the QC probably won't be up to the mark and panel lottery could be a big thing with this one?
It does look great on paper though.
Tbh not sure if Samsung Sony are doing a great job today in terms of qc or vfm. Its the most vfm tv to date in my memory for those who have the space and the money.

Its an established brand here and much much better than trusting a tcl/hisense/toshiba I suppose. Only reservation I have against Mi is the Chinese origin, but if it helps break the Samsung/Sony atrocity why not.

Tbh not sure if Samsung Sony are doing a great job today in terms of qc or vfm
I honestly am suspect of this TV because the price is just too good to be true. 1000 nits, FALD, 75 inch at 1.2L. What's the catch?
Comparable specced TVs from Big 3 cost more than double of this afaik.

I honestly am suspect of this TV because the price is just too good to be true. 1000 nits, FALD, 75 inch at 1.2L. What's the catch?
This TV is priced even lower in China (around 90k) and around 1.3 lakhs in Europe/UK.

There's no catch. This is how cheap making a FALD TV is in modern age with the 10.5 generation motherglass.

This is why Samsung is moving away from LCD, and Sony and LG already have. There's no money in it and it's a race to the bottom with Chinese companies. Samsung and Sony TVs have been massively overpriced in India since forever. Those same TVs sell for less than half in the US.

It takes around 350-300$ in China to produce a good quality 75" LCD panel per DSCC. Assuming they are using MediaTek's reference design, the total BOM won't cross 600-650$. That said, if they sell this TV for 1000$, they will still make $$$.

I think Xiaomi has killed even the Toshiba U8080 with this launch. Unless Toshiba now brings the U8080 for 70k ish price (if at all it ever comes here), it would be dead on arrival.

I think Xiaomi has killed even the Toshiba U8080 with this launch. Unless Toshiba now brings the U8080 for 70k ish price (if at all it ever comes here), it would be dead on arrival.
The panel of the U80 are better I think. That panel goes upto 1400 nits and has more local dimming zones. Though I'd still buy this one due to how bad the VIDAA OS is and Toshiba has provided exactly 0 OS updates since launch.

I don't think the U80 is going to launch anyway. Hisense will announce the successor to the H9G/U8QF soon, so the U8080 is basically vapourware.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back