Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Isn't it common wisdom to avoid 3rd party service contracts and go with manufacturer extended warranty only.. Due to reliability? Or is it not true for some 3rd party extended services? Why?

I got a call from the MI service partner for Demo/Installation today. i enquired about the Extended warranty. It sems, they are providing cost effective warranty plan. as per him the EW package worth ~1500/- would cover Panel for 2+1 years and other Electronics hardware would be covered for 1+1 years.
not sure on this .....please check the fine prints. I called up Mi service center and they told me that they can offer 1 year EW on the TV (except the panel which is already covered under 1+1 ) at 3799 which is also listed in their website. The service is provided by zopper

No problem. Once you finalize a soundbar, please let us know which soundbar did you choose.
Sure. I am inclining towards samsung q800t which is 3.1.2, got lot of positive reviews except for the atmos effect. Still wondering though, if the atmos effect is not good, will it be better than a 5.1 soundbar or not. Since most of the content is not Atmos anyway, not sure if we are better off with a 5.1 soundbar, or if the 3.1.2 can perform similarly with 5.1 content. o_Oo_O

Will update once i finalize.

Sure. I am inclining towards samsung q800t which is 3.1.2, got lot of positive reviews except for the atmos effect. Still wondering though, if the atmos effect is not good, will it be better than a 5.1 soundbar or not. Since most of the content is not Atmos anyway, not sure if we are better off with a 5.1 soundbar, or if the 3.1.2 can perform similarly with 5.1 content. o_Oo_O

Will update once i finalize.
When looking for a sound bar don’t be concentrating to much in atmos. Look for positive feedback on vocals. Many sound bars provide dynamic sound stage and surround effects but fail with vocals.

Where did you buy the TV from? MI or FK? Can this EW be availed after the installation? Also, who is the service partner?
I bought it from MI website. I think, yes... you can check with your installation person.
Not sure about the service partner. It was a bit difficult make good 2way communication due to language issue.

Relax, just watched the hulk on my cx lg and the judder is present . Wont term it a lot but is easily noticable. Unless you get this on other movies , forget it.
Thanks for cross checking on lg cx.

Just tried on my other TV (samsung Frame 50), judder is there. But, there is an option in samsung FrameTV to set Judder Reduction level , with Motion smoothing still turned off. The scene looked good with that. May be it adds unwanted effects in other scenes.

Will see if MI Q1 has any similar settings to reduce the judder without introducing any other effects.

When watching Incredible Hulk on PrimeVideo, at about 00:03:15 there is a scene which pans over a town with lot of houses. It has lot of judder with Motion smoothing Off, so i tried different Motion Smoothing Options(Clear, Standard, Smooth) but none of it seemed good and the frames seem to stutter(if thats the right term for this effect)

What are the best settings to smoothen something like this? Is it the inbuilt prime video app may be?

I normally dont like motion smoothing as i mostly watch movie content, i think i see the judder sometimes though not a pain , but this particular scene looked real bad.
Not sure if I’m not able to perceive the distortion but putting the tv on standard or smooth option under motion smoothing does fix the judder problem During this panning scene in hulk. with motion smoothing off the judder is very bad especially at the end of the panning sequence.

could you try describing the frame stutter?

Last edited:
Not sure if I’m not able to perceive the distortion but putting the tv on standard or smooth option under motion smoothing does fix the judder problem During this panning scene in hulk. with motion smoothing off the judder is very bad especially at the end of the panning sequence.

could you try describing the frame stutter?
With motion smoothing on, the frames look clear with no judder. But i see frames jumping and not smooth sometimes. Its at different levels with clear,standard,smooth options. "Standard" looked better to me, but the stutter is still noticeable once or twice during the scene. Basically the flow of the scene doesnt look smooth though frames are clear, and thats what i meant by stutter.

See if you can watch a couple times and try focusing on a particular house and if its noticeable.

On Samsung Frame50, by setting judder reduction level, it looked good. And Clear Motion can be still be turned off, which looked like a good trade off, though it does add some minor artifacts in other fast moving scenes.

Anyway, i will need to find a balance with smoothing options, i really dont like the soap opera effect though it doesnt seem very bad on MI tv to me.

Last edited:
What height should be TV be wall mounted or table top. We usually watch the TV from 8-9 feet distance . I am told that the distance from the floor to half of TV screen should be close to the eye level from the floor. We usually watch the TV sitting on a sofa (18 inch) and the eye level is roughly 44 inch for me from floor. The Mi TV height including the stand is ~40 inches (half being 20 inch) . Does that mean is should table top on a table at least 24 feet high ?

What height should be TV be wall mounted or table top. We usually watch the TV from 8-9 feet distance . I am told that the distance from the floor to half of TV screen should be close to the eye level from the floor. We usually watch the TV sitting on a sofa (18 inch) and the eye level is roughly 44 inch for me from floor. The Mi TV height including the stand is ~40 inches (half being 20 inch) . Does that mean is should table top on a table at least 24 feet high ?
My TV starts 27 inches from floor and our viewing distance is between 9 to 12 feet

Frame stuttering/ juddering will never go from Mi QLED 75. I have tried enough settings, I guess we have to get used to it. It happens only on 24 fps movies. 30 onwards it is silky smooth. Motion smoothing does add artifacts that it is basically useless. You will get used to it.
With motion smoothing on, the frames look clear with no judder. But i see frames jumping and not smooth sometimes. Its at different levels with clear,standard,smooth options. "Standard" looked better to me, but the stutter is still noticeable once or twice during the scene. Basically the flow of the scene doesnt look smooth though frames are clear, and thats what i meant by stutter.

See if you can watch a couple times and try focusing on a particular house and if its noticeable.

On Samsung Frame50, by setting judder reduction level, it looked good. And Clear Motion can be still be turned off, which looked like a good trade off, though it does add some minor artifacts in other fast moving scenes.

Anyway, i will need to find a balance with smoothing options, i really dont like the soap opera effect though it doesnt seem very bad on MI tv to me.

Frame stuttering/ juddering will never go from Mi QLED 75. I have tried enough settings, I guess we have to get used to it. It happens only on 24 fps movies. 30 onwards it is silky smooth. Motion smoothing does add artifacts that it is basically useless. You will get used to it.
That's sad. Hope they release a software update at some point. Anyway, time to stop playing with the settings, and start enjoying the TV.

That's sad. Hope they release a software update at some point. Anyway, time to stop playing with the settings, and start enjoying the TV.
I’ve learned to not rely on software update stop fix any issues. It’s usually a recipe for disappointment.

I haven’t seen the TV but how bad is it compared to a baseline LG/Samsung TV in terms of smoothness ? Shouldn’t be that bad

I’ve learned to not rely on software update stop fix any issues. It’s usually a recipe for disappointment.

I haven’t seen the TV but how bad is it compared to a baseline LG/Samsung TV in terms of smoothness ? Shouldn’t be that bad
It's same as those only, this is not a software issue, fast panels will always stutter in 24p content. My Sony OLED is worse.

Software update will come but it can fix only software based stutter, this stutter is due to fast response times of this panel. You will get used to it. Trust me. I was sad too initially but now it's alright.

My samsung Frame 50 did have the judder at baseline and it is same as MI with no motion smoothing on both, but once i turned on judder reduction level to 5/10, its gone on samsung and there is no frame stutter as well.

On MI, its gone when motion smoothing is turned on, but the frames stutter with that. Which seems to be because of processing rather than panel refresh rate. Hope its not a hardware limitation. I will try with a firetv 4k stick later.

My samsung Frame 50 did have the judder at baseline and it is same as MI with no motion smoothing on both, but once i turned on judder reduction level to 5/10, its gone on samsung and there is no frame stutter as well.

On MI, its gone when motion smoothing is turned on, but the frames stutter with that. Which seems to be because of processing rather than panel refresh rate. Hope its not a hardware limitation. I will try with a firetv 4k stick later.
Please do share the fire tv experience

As you said owners should just start enjoying the damn TV and stop fussing n nitpicking over trivialities and minor annoyances.

It is easy for me as I am super immune to all this motion issues like stuttering , judder , 24 vs 60 fps, refresh rate etc but seriously how bad it can be ...

There will always be judder on a 60hz panel displayibg a 24gz video as 60 is not a multiple of 24 so not all the frames are displayed Same no of times.

But since this is supposed to be a 120hz panel it should be much smoother with each frame in a 24fps video being displayed exactly 5 times.
It's same as those only, this is not a software issue, fast panels will always stutter in 24p content. My Sony OLED is worse.

Try and set firetv to 1080p at 24hz or switch auto frame rate matching on when you play the video and observe.

Can TV’s with VRR theoretically remove the judder by switching to 24Hz refresh rate during such content or is it only limited to games ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back