Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

VRR works only in 45 to 55 fps range.. and only in games.
Technically movies are not VRR as they are constant Refresh rate (23.97) and this is handled by modes of the TV.

There will always be judder on a 60hz panel displayibg a 24gz video as 60 is not a multiple of 24 so not all the frames are displayed Same no of times.

But since this is supposed to be a 120hz panel it should be much smoother with each frame in a 24fps video being displayed exactly 5 times.
Movies aren't really 24. If you go to video info, all are 23.xxxx.

23.97 that is approximated as 24 only.
True 120hz panel should not produce judder and it should do the job
the vast majority of 2K and 4K Blu-ray disc sources have video encoded at 23.976fps (not 24.00fps), which should be displayed by the TV at 23.976Hz. But if the TV displays 23.976fps encoded content at 24.000Hz you will see a stutter every 41/42 seconds (as the time difference between 23.976 and 24.000 is 0.024).

Similarly, if the TV displays 24.000fps encoded content at 23.976Hz you see a stutter also!
THEY ARE NOT EQUAL. IF YOU DON'T KNOW, STOP MISINFORMATION.

Attachments

• IMG_20210608_121022.jpg
    IMG_20210608_121022.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi All, posting in the forum after a long time. I was able to order the tv today on the Mi website. Still no updates on delivery timelines to my Bangalore South location. My Sony Bravia conked out after 7 years of service. I am being asked to shell out 15k+ for power and mother board repair which i feel isn't worth it, especially as i have already spent 7k last year on running repairs. I would think the Mi 75 inch would slot in nicely in my living room Dali/Yamaha HT setup. Some questions to FMs who have bought the TV especially in Bangalore:
1. How was installation done considering we have a lockdown in place? Is self installation allowed without voiding warranty?
2. I have bought the Tv availing the hdfc emi offer and have paid 106992. Many of you seem to have foreclosed the same and saved some dough. What's the procedure for this and how soon did you foreclose?
3. This is my first big ticket Mi purchase (have owned phones in the past). Is extended warranty advisable? If so, any suggestions would be welcome
4. How soon can i expect delivery?

Cheers Harsha

Hi All, posting in the forum after a long time. I was able to order the tv today on the Mi website. Still no updates on delivery timelines to my Bangalore South location. My Sony Bravia conked out after 7 years of service. I am being asked to shell out 15k+ for power and mother board repair which i feel isn't worth it, especially as i have already spent 7k last year on running repairs. I would think the Mi 75 inch would slot in nicely in my living room Dali/Yamaha HT setup. Some questions to FMs who have bought the TV especially in Bangalore:
1. How was installation done considering we have a lockdown in place? Is self installation allowed without voiding warranty?
2. I have bought the Tv availing the hdfc emi offer and have paid 106992. Many of you seem to have foreclosed the same and saved some dough. What's the procedure for this and how soon did you foreclose?
3. This is my first big ticket Mi purchase (have owned phones in the past). Is extended warranty advisable? If so, any suggestions would be welcome

Cheers Harsha
Installation was done by Mi service personnel. Suggest you taken written confirmation from them before trying to install yourself (if at all you plan to do so). The TV is massive and you need at least 2-3 people to get it installed. The guys had to produce -ve RT PCR test report before entering society premises which they did.

Call on banks helpline after 3-4 days (once the transaction gets registered) and ask for pre closure. The amount along with prorata interest and GST will reflect as due in your next billing cycle which you need to clear

EW is a personal choice. You need to decide . The TV can still go bad after EW is over . So take a call judiciously. For my case I have still not decided but I might go for EW at a later point (usually all 3rd party service providers allow EW till 9-11 months from the date of purchase). Since you are paying considerably less for the TV itself as compared to the bigger reputed brands, you can always put that extra money for EW and have that peace of mind....again this is purely my personal views

I stay in Mumbai and I ordered just after the govt announced non-essential delivery to be allowed from 1st June. It took 3 days for delivery and same day installation was completed. Delivery was via Bluedart.

There is not straight forward way of getting it installed. Due to lockdown I was not able to place the request on the webpage form. It was taking the request for my Bangalore Pin code. But I was provided with a URL to a form to send your concerns to the Helpdesk team. They took around 48 hours to call me and another 24 hours to get a call from service center.
I spoke to customer care and they allowed Self installation considering to the lock down condition. but they asked me take a video (non stop/no gap) from unboxing to TV installed on the stand and switch it on. That video can be shared if there is a Damage or DOA case.
Call the customer care. Once the amount reflects on your Internet banking Unbilled transactions list
Yes... its peace of mind. I purchased the +1 year for 3799.00 from Mi Service technician who came for Demo/Installation

Normally Next Day (I got the delivey next day via Bluedart)

Please do share the fire tv experience
Tried with firetv stick(4k) Resolution set to Automatic, and no stutter found compared to MI inbuilt app for Prime Video when watching the specific scene. Motion smoothing ON in both cases.

So External tv stick may help to remove some of the nuances, but its personal preference with all these settings. The minor issues will be present in all TVs anyway, and nothing major with this TV as far as i see.

Tried with firetv stick(4k) Resolution set to Automatic, and no stutter found compared to MI inbuilt app for Prime Video when watching the specific scene. Motion smoothing ON in both cases.

So External tv stick may help to remove some of the nuances, but its personal preference with all these settings. The minor issues will be present in all TVs anyway, and nothing major with this TV as far as i see.
Oh thankyou, that means we can expect something better with upcoming update.
Thanks a lot.

What are the display settings that you are using on Firestick?

I am struggling with the right resolution and HDR/Adaptive setting on firestick.

A few observations on running Bosch on Firestick and MI's primenow app:
- on TV app I am getting HDR10+ on Picture setting of TV
- on Firestick, with resolution on Auto, The TV picture setting shows option for Dolby Vision Dark/Bright. However, youtube on firestick only shows HD for 4k videos
- on Firestick, with resolution set to 2160. While Youtube on Firestick shows 4k, the TV picture setting for Bosch shows option for Standard, Movie, etc

Any thoughts?

Yes, hopefully. Unless its a hardware limitation causing the stutter. When using External stick, it offloads lot of work from the TVs hardware i think.
The cheaper mi TVs have worse SoC than this one and they perform smooth. I think things will get better for sure with the update.

What are the display settings that you are using on Firestick?

I am struggling with the right resolution and HDR/Adaptive setting on firestick.

A few observations on running Bosch on Firestick and MI's primenow app:
- on TV app I am getting HDR10+ on Picture setting of TV
- on Firestick, with resolution on Auto, The TV picture setting shows option for Dolby Vision Dark/Bright. However, youtube on firestick only shows HD for 4k videos
- on Firestick, with resolution set to 2160. While Youtube on Firestick shows 4k, the TV picture setting for Bosch shows option for Standard, Movie, etc

Any thoughts?
Firestick 4k's auto resolution/framerate doesn't work right for most TVs. So when you set the resolution to Auto, it defaults to 1080p 60Hz for everything other than the Prime Video app. However, you get Dolby Vision.

If you set it to 4k/60 mode, on many TVs it won't work with Dolby Vision as they don't accept 4k 60 Dolby Vision signal (also I'm not sure if firestick 4k can even support 4k 60 output in DV, as Apple advertised a lot that their new Apple TV 4k can support 4k 60 DV).

You can switch to 4k 24, 4k 25 or 4k 30 through a hidden option, but then the interface becomes laggy and you lose the ability to play 60fps videos on youtube.

I ended up selecting 4k/60 forced and HDR to auto, with bit-depth as up to 12-bits. This will give you HDR10 in HDR10 and DV titles, and HDR10+ in 10+ titles if your TV supports it, else HDR10.

Firestick 4k's auto resolution/framerate doesn't work right for most TVs. So when you set the resolution to Auto, it defaults to 1080p 60Hz for everything other than the Prime Video app. However, you get Dolby Vision.

If you set it to 4k/60 mode, on many TVs it won't work with Dolby Vision as they don't accept 4k 60 Dolby Vision signal (also I'm not sure if firestick 4k can even support 4k 60 output in DV, as Apple advertised a lot that their new Apple TV 4k can support 4k 60 DV).

You can switch to 4k 24, 4k 25 or 4k 30 through a hidden option, but then the interface becomes laggy and you lose the ability to play 60fps videos on youtube.

I ended up selecting 4k/60 forced and HDR to auto, with bit-depth as up to 12-bits. This will give you HDR10 in HDR10 and DV titles, and HDR10+ in 10+ titles if your TV supports it, else HDR10.

Just to add, Netflix works fine and gives Dolby Vision with resolution set to Auto.

If I select 4k/60 forced and HDR to auto, I am not getting Dolby Vision.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back