Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Those settings are wrong. First of all your dynamic range settings should be on Auto, not 'Always HDR'. This is causing your YouTube to display DV instead of HDR10.

Also please switch to 4k/60 forced on Video resolution. That should give you HDR10 on YouTube/Netflix while getting resolution to 4k.
I switched to 4k/60 forced and HDR to adaptive
20210609_091115.jpg

However, this doesn't give HDR for youtube
20210609_091142.jpg

Even the Netflix switches to normal picture mode

20210609_091506.jpg

I switched to 4k/60 forced and HDR to adaptive
View attachment 57854

However, this doesn't give HDR for youtube
View attachment 57855

Even the Netflix switches to normal picture mode

View attachment 57856
Is the YouTube video you're watching HDR? I see that the resolution of that video is also 1080p, so it might not be an HDR video. Also is the Netflix show HDR?

If the show itself isn't HDR, then it's doing the correct thing by not switching to HDR.

Is the YouTube video you're watching HDR? I see that the resolution of that video is also 1080p, so it might not be an HDR video. Also is the Netflix show HDR?

If the show itself isn't HDR, then it's doing the correct thing by not switching to HDR.
Both are 4k.

Netflix show is Lucifer.

Both are 4k.

Netflix show is Lucifer.
4k doesn't mean HDR. Are you sure that the YT video you're watching has HDR in it? You can watch the costa rica video which is HDR if you have doubts:

Do you have the 800 rupees per month NetFlix UltraHD plan? Also, which season of Lucifer? Not all seasons are in 4k or HDR

1. SDR has no limitation or relation to bit-depth. You can have 6, 8, 10 or 12-bit depth with SDR. It shouldn't make the display more saturated though unless the TV is not following sRGB colour space. There must be something in TV settings that is making it switch to BT.2020 I guess.
Also, Nvidia Pascal (10xx) cards and below don't support 10-bit I think. So they can only output 8 or 12-bits. This is fixed with Turing (20xx cards).
2. This might be a bug. Does the image go out of bounds (windows button being half cut)?
3. Yeah, Windows HDR is pretty bad as it doesn't tone-map to SDR correctly. You can either set your application to automatically enable HDR when played (possible with MPC-HC and MadVR) or just enable it when viewing content.

The good thing is that as you can see, even the Mi Q1 does support 119.88 Hz as I said and can do perfect 5:5 pulldown on both 23.976 and 24 Hz content. This is a fairly basic thing and manufacturers have figured it out for a while.

Those settings are wrong. First of all your dynamic range settings should be on Auto, not 'Always HDR'. This is causing your YouTube to display DV instead of HDR10.

Also please switch to 4k/60 forced on Video resolution. That should give you HDR10 on YouTube/Netflix while getting resolution to 4k.
Yes you are right. I checked the color space and it was kept at BT.2020, this made it very saturated. I will put it in auto.
Also I think you are right, GTX 1060 can only do 8bit and 12bit on 444 but can do 10bit on 422.
Regarding 4096*2160, surprising it fit exactly nicely on the panel ( heard that this is called 4k while 3840 is UHD)
If my bit depth is showing 12 bit, then it is possible than my display will show all 10 bit colors as signal is 12 bit?
Is there a way to make a custom resolution on increase refresh rate which is very near to 4k?
I tried MadVR, I was overwhelmed by so much options.

4k doesn't mean HDR. Are you sure that the YT video you're watching has HDR in it? You can watch the costa rica video which is HDR if you have doubts:

Do you have the 800 rupees per month NetFlix UltraHD plan? Also, which season of Lucifer? Not all seasons are in 4k or HDR
Here is the updated 4k video

20210609_101828.jpg

It's Lucifer season 5, and I have a 799 plan. BTW, here is the same one when run on native app of MI TV, this shows Dolby vision

20210609_101853.jpg

I am guessing this has to do with frame rate. On forcing 4k/60. the "match frame rate" turns off on Firestick.

Last edited:
Here is the updated 4k video

View attachment 57861

It's Lucifer season 5, and I have a 799 plan. BTW, here is the same one when run on native app of MI TV, this shows Dolby vision

View attachment 57862

I am guessing this has to do with frame rate. On forcing 4k/60. the "match frame rate" turns off on Firestick.
Thanks for the update. Now we have determined that there is an issue, we can move to fix it.

First of all, your Firestick settings are perfect. Don't change them. The issue is with HDCP 2.2 not working.

There can be 2 things which can be the issue:

1. Your TV's HDMI settings might be on legacy. For this you'll need to go into TV's HDMI settings and turn on enhanced mode/deep colour mode. Not sure what it's called for Xiaomi.

2. Firestick might be plugged into a port which doesn't support HDCP 2.2. Please try changing the port if #1 doesn't work.

Yes you are right. I checked the color space and it was kept at BT.2020, this made it very saturated. I will put it in auto.
Glad that it's sorted.
Also I think you are right, GTX 1060 can only do 8bit and 12bit on 444 but can do 10bit on 422.
Yeah, this was a big issue on the forums.
Regarding 4096*2160, surprising it fit exactly nicely on the panel ( heard that this is called 4k while 3840 is UHD)
If my bit depth is showing 12 bit, then it is possible than my display will show all 10 bit colors as signal is 12 bit?
Yes, the TV will downscale 12-bit to 10-bit, and hence will show all 10-bit colours.

BTW, 10-bit doesn't necessarily mean your TV will be more colourful or have more colours. It just means that more gradients of each colour will be visible leading to less banding in gradients.
Is there a way to make a custom resolution on increase refresh rate which is very near to 4k?
That's only possible with Quadro cards IIRC. Not sure if even 1440p will be possible here. Please try with Nvidia settings if it is.
I tried MadVR, I was overwhelmed by so much options.
Yeah, it's a power-user tool and requires a week of work to get set up correctly.

If you're going to use the PC as an HTPC, then it's very good as it can do auto-HDR, refresh rate switching, upscaling much better than any TV from your Nvidia card and more advanced stuff.

But if you're not going to keep the PC plugged in, there's no point spending time with it.

HTPC with MadVR + good screen is ultimate experience as the upscaling and picture quality is so good. It even upscales chroma from 4:2:0 to 4:4:4.

Thanks for the update. Now we have determined that there is an issue, we can move to fix it.

First of all, your Firestick settings are perfect. Don't change them. The issue is with HDCP 2.2 not working.

1. Your TV's HDMI settings might be on legacy. For this you'll need to go into TV's HDMI settings and turn on enhanced mode/deep colour mode. Not sure what it's called for Xiaomi.

2. Firestick might be plugged into a port which doesn't support HDCP 2.2. Please try changing the port if #1 doesn't work.

But, with resolution at Auto and HDR on, Netflix and Prime Video are working fine. See the screenshots that I posted above. Its only the Youtube where the problem is.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Firestick..

Glad that it's sorted.

Yeah, this was a big issue on the forums.

Yes, the TV will downscale 12-bit to 10-bit, and hence will show all 10-bit colours.

BTW, 10-bit doesn't necessarily mean your TV will be more colourful or have more colours. It just means that more gradients of each colour will be visible leading to less banding in gradients.

That's only possible with Quadro cards IIRC. Not sure if even 1440p will be possible here. Please try with Nvidia settings if it is.

Yeah, it's a power-user tool and requires a week of work to get set up correctly.

If you're going to use the PC as an HTPC, then it's very good as it can do auto-HDR, refresh rate switching, upscaling much better than any TV from your Nvidia card and more advanced stuff.

But if you're not going to keep the PC plugged in, there's no point spending time with it.

HTPC with MadVR + good screen is ultimate experience as the upscaling and picture quality is so good. It even upscales chroma from 4:2:0 to 4:4:4.
Tried 1440p using NVIDIA. CP, works with 120hz.
I don't think I can use 75 inch as desktop though, It gives me headaches.
How can I buy Nvidia sheild pro in India?

But, with resolution at Auto and HDR on, Netflix and Prime Video are working fine. See the screenshots that I posted above. Its only the Youtube where the problem is.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Firestick..
It wasn't working fine. What the firestick was doing was upscaling SDR/HDR content to Dolby Vision. It wasn't real Dolby Vision. Even the firestick homepage will be in Dolby Vision. Also, resolution at Auto will never trigger 4k for you and will be limited to 1080p in both NetFlix and YouTube.

There's nothing wrong with Firestick. If you tried what I suggested, you might find the bug fix. I have firestick 4k and it works fine on 4k/60 with HDR supported.
Tried 1440p using NVIDIA. CP, works with 120hz.
I don't think I can use 75 inch as desktop though, It gives me headaches.
How can I buy Nvidia sheild pro in India?
I'm not talking about using it as a desktop, but an HTPC. An HTPC is only used for media and maybe a multimedia server, with you having a separate desktop.

There's no official seller of Shield in India. Either you can import it, get it from a friend/relative in US when lockdowns are lifted or buy it from someone in India.

There's an FM selling the 2017 version right now:

There's also one guy selling on techenclave (since you're in Delhi and he only does face to face sale):

I think the latter is a much better deal. The 2019 version has AI upscaling too and is in a much better physical condition.

You can import from here: https://www.tanotis.com/products/nv...MIxvvJwP-J8QIV0DMrCh3eiwtTEAYYASABEgKvK_D_BwE

or here for the pro version: https://www.tanotis.com/products/nvidia-shield-tv-pro-hdr-4k-uhd-streaming-media-player-2019

Just a side note on enabling hdmi 2.1 in case someone has not done this. by default each hdmi input is on 1.4

Press the center button in dpad with ces disables, go to input and select hdmi 2.1
@neogen , this is what I was talking about above. Your HDMI is set to legacy which is not allowing HDCP 2.2 to work correctly. Please do this and let me know if it works.

It wasn't working fine. What the firestick was doing was upscaling SDR/HDR content to Dolby Vision. It wasn't real Dolby Vision. Even the firestick homepage will be in Dolby Vision. Also, resolution at Auto will never trigger 4k for you and will be limited to 1080p in both NetFlix and YouTube.

There's nothing wrong with Firestick. If you tried what I suggested, you might find the bug fix. I have firestick 4k and it works fine on 4k/60 with HDR supported.

I'm not talking about using it as a desktop, but an HTPC. An HTPC is only used for media and maybe a multimedia server, with you having a separate desktop.

There's no official seller of Shield in India. Either you can import it, get it from a friend/relative in US when lockdowns are lifted or buy it from someone in India.

There's also one guy selling on techenclave (since you're in Delhi and he only does face to face sale):

I think the latter is a much better deal. The 2019 version has AI upscaling too and is in a much better physical condition.

You can import from here: https://www.tanotis.com/products/nv...MIxvvJwP-J8QIV0DMrCh3eiwtTEAYYASABEgKvK_D_BwE

or here for the pro version: https://www.tanotis.com/products/nvidia-shield-tv-pro-hdr-4k-uhd-streaming-media-player-2019
Thank you for the links. Yes the AI upscaling factor is a great thing but I am somehow very happy with upscaling, prime video 1080p looks the same as 4k to me at just 8 feet distance. I am thinking of getting it from Dubai. There is no shipping charge in USA to Dubai so my friend will bring it here . It will cost 14k to me for brand new.

or here for the pro version: https://www.tanotis.com/products/nvidia-shield-tv-pro-hdr-4k-uhd-streaming-media-player

Hi All, posting in the forum after a long time. I was able to order the tv today on the Mi website. Still no updates on delivery timelines to my Bangalore South location. My Sony Bravia conked out after 7 years of service. I am being asked to shell out 15k+ for power and mother board repair which i feel isn't worth it, especially as i have already spent 7k last year on running repairs. I would think the Mi 75 inch would slot in nicely in my living room Dali/Yamaha HT setup. Some questions to FMs who have bought the TV especially in Bangalore:
1. How was installation done considering we have a lockdown in place? Is self installation allowed without voiding warranty?
2. I have bought the Tv availing the hdfc emi offer and have paid 106992. Many of you seem to have foreclosed the same and saved some dough. What's the procedure for this and how soon did you foreclose?
3. This is my first big ticket Mi purchase (have owned phones in the past). Is extended warranty advisable? If so, any suggestions would be welcome
4. How soon can i expect delivery?

Cheers Harsha
I am trying my luck from last few days but :(
On Flipkart and MI it was unavailable, but yesterday it became available on FK but for few location from there I can't pick, and today it's unavailable again for that location again. Today it's available on MI but payment option is default assigned as COD, which it automatically rejects because of the value of more than 50k. There is no other payment option visible, tried multiple Pin-codes. Talked to MI CC and they told it's a technical error and will be fixed soon.
Let see.... I can't wait for too long... I am afraid if I end up it by buying VU Masterpiece 85".
If you guys have any reviews or suggestions about above VU, It would be helpful.

Just a side note on enabling hdmi 2.1 in case someone has not done this. by default each hdmi input is on 1.4

Press the center button in dpad with ces disables, go to input and select hdmi 2.1
YES. This worked.

I had CEC enabled all the time as I have connected my AVR. That's the reason this command / menu wasn't even showing up. Its kind of hidden menu.

Why the heck MI cant provide a decent manual for this TV.

YES. This worked.

I had CEC enabled all the time as I have connected my AVR. That's the reason this command / menu wasn't even showing up. Its kind of hidden menu.

Why the heck MI cant provide a decent manual for this TV.
Hahahahaha. Default 1.4 made me mad too.

Back