Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Lg cx vs Hisense u8g. Sad day for qled fans.
OLED definitely looks so much better.
@Love4sound

Attachments

• IMG_20210609_180833.jpg
    IMG_20210609_180833.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210609_181359.jpg
    IMG_20210609_181359.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210609_181210.jpg
    IMG_20210609_181210.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 67
I am trying my luck from last few days but :(
On Flipkart and MI it was unavailable, but yesterday it became available on FK but for few location from there I can't pick, and today it's unavailable again for that location again. Today it's available on MI but payment option is default assigned as COD, which it automatically rejects because of the value of more than 50k. There is no other payment option visible, tried multiple Pin-codes. Talked to MI CC and they told it's a technical error and will be fixed soon.
Let see.... I can't wait for too long... I am afraid if I end up it by buying VU Masterpiece 85".
If you guys have any reviews or suggestions about above VU, It would be helpful.
I'm afraid I am having the exact same issues. I spoke to the customer care as well and they suggested to try buying it offline, but no one has any stock.

@Love4sound
Hahah its not that I am competing with qled always . And in fact if u see all my arguments I would have just highlighted the plus of oleds over the qled that’s all.Also off axis nothing comes close to Oled so this image is to be expected. On axis it should be better and this comparison doesn’t make sense given the price bracket

@Love4sound
I'm definitely not a QLED fan, but a VA panel off-axis is going to look pretty bad regardless.

There are plenty of other, better reviewers who have reviewed U8G very positively. Not to mention it costs half of the cost of C1 and can go to 2000 nits.

I'm definitely not a QLED fan, but a VA panel off-axis is going to look pretty bad regardless.

There are plenty of other, better reviewers who have reviewed U8G very positively. Not to mention it costs half of the cost of C1 and can go to 2000 nits.
For the price it's good and bright but I am sure many reviewers have been paid for speaking good. Quantum and FOMO were definitely paid but it's 1150 dollars for 65 so it's a steal tv.

Here is a pic of U8G (left) vs qn90a (right)

Attachments

• 20210609_182951.jpg
    20210609_182951.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210609_183018.jpg
    20210609_183018.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 44
For the price it's good and bright but I am sure many reviewers have been paid for speaking good. Quantum and FOMO were definitely paid but it's 1150 dollars for 65 so it's a steal tv.

These two scenes are torture tests for q leds. No matter how many zones, qleds will struggle in these scenes. Only Oled can perform well in these type of scenes.You tubers in-depth analysis are not going to help any common viewers but some reliable channels like HDTV and rtings are good and their feedback can be taken as a base line for enthusiasts.

These two scenes are torture tests for q leds. No matter how many zones, qleds will struggle in these scenes. Only Oled can perform well in these type of scenes.You tubers in-depth analysis are not going to help any common viewers but some reliable channels like HDTV and rtings are good and their feedback can be taken as a base line for enthusiasts.
Yeah bro but I added two QLEDs only as side by side, else OLEDs would have slaughtered it. And I also accept that VA looks best when seen head on so I listened to commentary too, what I heard is was U8G - bright , bright and bright, while for cx it was saturation, blacks, depth, upscaling, viewing angles. But yes guys like HDTV are best. Rtings tests are little favoured towards OLEDs though but still good.

So the U8G has a more relaxed dimming algorithm which performs worse for these kinds of scenes. However, for scenes with small specular highlights (like the stars in the scene), those stars will be brighter in U8G while in QN90A it might even make them black or very dull.

Samsung approach is to prevent blooming as much as possible, even if it crushes small highlights, while Hisense does the opposite. None is better or worse and I can bring in comparisons where either is better.

Go warranty is offering 4 years EW at 24K
To me it seems silly to pay 24k or nearly 25% of the purchase price for extended warranty. I would rather take a chance and pay as needed rather than incurring a certain loss of 24k. In addition, many of these warranty providers will try to wriggle out of it claiming physical damage or some other reason. Paying around 3.8k for the second year warranty is somewhat reasonable but again failures are very unlikely in the second year. I never buy any extended warranty.

To me it seems silly to pay 24k or nearly 25% of the purchase price for extended warranty. I would rather take a chance and pay as needed rather than incurring a certain loss of 24k. In addition, many of these warranty providers will try to wriggle out of it claiming physical damage or some other reason. Paying around 3.8k for the second year warranty is somewhat reasonable but again failures are very unlikely in the second year. I never buy any extended warranty.
On another note, if one is really considering an extended warranty, then the TV comes to 1.5 Lakhs (with today's 5K bump in price).
Now, the price between this and an OLED narrows, as LG is offering 3 years comprehensive warranty, and a CX 65 can be purchased at @~1.95-2.0 Lakhs.

On another note, if one is really considering an extended warranty, then the TV comes to 1.5 Lakhs (with today's 5K bump in price).
Now, the price between this and an OLED narrows, as LG is offering 3 years comprehensive warranty, and a CX 65 can be purchased at @~1.95-2.0 Lakhs.
Somewhat agree with you point. We should try to keep cheaper.

I think they also added another 5k discount with HDFC cards on top of other offers. So it's not as bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The TV can actually be bought at 1.07L using card discount and EMI even after 5K increase. The base warranty covers 1+1 . Additional 2 year warranty should be around 12K. So for roughly 1.2L you get the TV with 3 years comprehensive warranty.

It's true that LG CX is close to what you pay for this TV but then it boils down to personal choice and priority. For me making a decision was simple. I wanted the biggest screen that I could afford within my budget and Mi was the best option I could think of. 75 incher from Tier 1 brands were way out of my budget . The closest that I could think of was a 65 inch Samsung Frame.

The TV can actually be bought at 1.07L using card discount and EMI even after 5K increase. The base warranty covers 1+1 . Additional 2 year warranty should be around 12K. So for roughly 1.2L you get the TV with 3 years comprehensive warranty.

It's true that LG CX is close to what you pay for this TV but then it boils down to personal choice and priority. For me making a decision was simple. I wanted the biggest screen that I could afford within my budget and Mi was the best option I could think of. 75 incher from Tier 1 brands were way out of my budget . The closest that I could think of was a 65 inch Samsung Frame.
If you're buying a hall TV for 1.2 lakhs, Mi Q1 is pretty much the best you can get.

If you're buying a bedroom TV, I think the CX 55" or the upcoming C1 55" will be a better option. Your viewing distance will be lower, conditions will be darker and you'll likely have a console or a PC plugged in. Perfect setup for OLEDs

Yeah, I do agree 24k is overkill.

BTW Oneassist has offered 2 year EW for 10.5 to me. Not sure, even if that is justifiable.

Well, I had no plans to buy a new tv. For me the real estate offered by 75 inch TV for 1.14 was tempting along with QLED panel. I could have gone for VU 85 if that would have been priced around 2.2.

the problem is that we don't know if we will get U8G to India and even if get it somehow,its not gonna costs half of C1.

C1 65 will be around 1.5-1.6 around diwali.If we go by past price trends.The B series will be 15-20K cheper.Lg also may launch the A series which will be cheaper than B series.So if we are lucky we may get 65 A series OLED around 1.2-1.3 range.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back