Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

the problem is that we don't know if we will get U8G to India and even if get it somehow,its not gonna costs half of C1.

C1 65 will be around 1.5-1.6 around diwali.If we go by past price trends.The B series will be 15-20K cheper.Lg also may launch the A series which will be cheaper than B series.So if we are lucky we may get 65 A series OLED around 1.2-1.3 range.
Not gonna happen. 65 inch OLED in 1.2 lakh will take multiple years.
Lg won't destroy it's b,c lineup here in India.
U8g isn't a significant upgrade from any decent qled. For that take the OLED.

I'm afraid I am having the exact same issues. I spoke to the customer care as well and they suggested to try buying it offline, but no one has any stock.
I was told the same thing, I am trying if it's available in their Mega Store. But only COD option on their website is strange thing...
Guys, please suggest about VU Masterpiece 85", some discussion?

I was told the same thing, I am trying if it's available in their Mega Store. But only COD option on their website is strange thing...
Vu 85" has its own dedicated thread. But yes, a forum member has bought it and his opinion is that it is decent. But having said that, if you really intend to buy an 85" TV at the best possible price, TCL 85" P8M with around 450 nits, not much to talk about except for the cheaper price and TCL brand name(definitely much much much much bigger than Vu) then you get it at Reliance digital for 1.9 lakhs with 3 years warranty plus 4k cashback. Vu 85 is much brighter and is a FALD although not many dimming zones for 2.75 lakhs(plus not sure if warranty is 3 years).

Maybe not the C1, but I expect the CX/BX 65” to drop down to 1.5-1.6L after discounts and offers at clearance during Diwali.

FK not delivering to your area? Wait for a day or two, FK is going to have some TV sale starting 12th.

VU 85 was in my list, but the I felt the price was on a bit higher side.

Another off topic, on purchase of this TV there is an offer to buy Mi Smart Speaker for ₹1999. Is that a good price for this?

FK not delivering to your area? Wait for a day or two, FK is going to have some TV sale starting 12th.

VU 85 was in my list, but the I felt the price was on a bit higher side.

Another off topic, on purchase of this TV there is an offer to buy Mi Smart Speaker for ₹1999. Is that a good price for this?
Mi is releasing a web cam for TV very soon. I am getting this. Btw for speaker, I would suggest you to go for good soundbar.

Attachments

• 20210609_153249.jpg
    20210609_153249.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 36
Maybe not the C1, but I expect the CX/BX 65” to drop down to 1.5-1.6L after discounts and offers at clearance during Diwali.
CX/BX will be out of stock during diwali.Last years models will not be available after August.Even if you get those somewhere after august chances are of being Display Unit.

It doesn't work like that.C series always outsells B series in india.Even though B series TVs are 15-20K cheaper.

A series OLEDs will be a downgrade.Rtings is already testing it.so in few days we will come to know for sure about its specs and how it compares to C1.

Also A series is specifically targeted for people who can not afford Higher end C series.I think India will be a perfect market for price-sensitive product. just have a look how many brands sells cheaper TVs in India. because brands know price plays a big role in Indian market.

I am trying my luck from last few days but :(
On Flipkart and MI it was unavailable, but yesterday it became available on FK but for few location from there I can't pick, and today it's unavailable again for that location again. Today it's available on MI but payment option is default assigned as COD, which it automatically rejects because of the value of more than 50k. There is no other payment option visible, tried multiple Pin-codes. Talked to MI CC and they told it's a technical error and will be fixed soon.
Let see.... I can't wait for too long... I am afraid if I end up it by buying VU Masterpiece 85".
If you guys have any reviews or suggestions about above VU, It would be helpful.
Guys, very happy to inform that the TV was delivered yesterday and I could raise the installation request today morning. Full marks to Xiaomi on customer service - a technician came today and installed the TV also. Right out of the box, I could make the following observations:
1. The TV is huge to the extent that I feel my 110 inch projector screen becomes highly questionable
2. The picture out of the box is pretty decent with vibrant, punchy colours. I don't want to nitpick on the technicalities but suffice it to say that it will blow most people away
3. For the life of me, I wasnt able to get the ARC working. I have attached my Yamaha RX 475's hdmi out to the hdmi 2 (eARC) port on the Mi tv. I have enabled arc in the avr (option hdmi control on) and similarly switched on hdmi cec in the tv, without which arc isn't enabled. I have set audio to passthrough and it is recognizing a hdmi earc device. But theres no audio coming from the avr speakers. If i get arc working, then, for simple streaming, i can take my shield tv and fire tv cube out of the equation
4. I have gone back to the default mode of using Shield TV through avr for now. I find the picture much crisper and vibrant as compared to the native android tv screen in the tv.
5. I hope Harmony Hub (non-ir) setup has the Mi tv in its database to integrate it into all activities.

Thanks again to various members on the thread whose reviews pushed me towards this purchase. It does look spectacular.

3. For the life of me, I wasnt able to get the ARC working. I have attached my Yamaha RX 475's hdmi out to the hdmi 2 (eARC) port on the Mi tv. I have enabled arc in the avr (option hdmi control on) and similarly switched on hdmi cec in the tv, without which arc isn't enabled. I have set audio to passthrough and it is recognizing a hdmi earc device. But theres no audio coming from the avr speakers. If i get arc working, then, for simple streaming, i can take my shield tv and fire tv cube out of the equation
eARC worked or me with my Marantz 6012 f after some efforts.
Upgraded the HDMI cable to 2.1 (8k labeled)
Changed the HDMI mode from 1.4 to 2.1
Finally realized there is a setting that has (TV Audio Switching) to be enabled in Marantz AVR setup menu.

VU 85 inch has its own thread, a forum member has bought it. Here is the link to that thread:

Its been a couple of days that I have been using the Mi Q1 75 and here's summary basis my usage so far

- Default setting (specially the color profile) didnot work for me. Colors were oversaturated , highlights were blown out and flesh tones had a yellow tint to them. Thanks to suggestion from some of the forum members , i was quickly able to tweak a few setting and get the PQ to my liking. Of all the picture modes, i usually select the movie made and then make a few changes to get things in order.

- SD content looks horrible on this TV and is to be avoided at all cost. HD content both through OTT and set top box is very good (specially if you are viewing from 8-10 feet) . However the PQ varies a lot . Channels like Start Sports HD perform well while HD content from Hotstar is below average.

- HDR content and 4K content looks stellar. I am no expert to get into technical details but sharing my viewing experience . I watched Money Heist , Who killed Sara on Netflix and few other HDR content (Jack Ryan) on Prime Video and was blown away. The full screen experience of a 75 inch tv could be so immersive ...you have to watch it to believe it !

- The TV is extremely bright which makes it ideal for well lit bright rooms . However when I watch the TV at night , I prefer to reduce the overall backlight and brightness by a few points

- MEMC needs improvement. While it is a strict NO while watching movies , I tried turning it on when watching sports. Actually its makes the PQ worse and while I am not sure how this technology works , bit i could clearly see choppy frames while watching IPL and the camera following a ball rolling towards the boundary.

- The UI is slow and you will see a slight delay in almost everything that you try to do. The TV was non response in one such instance while watching Youtube. I hope this gets rectified in future software update. Patchwall is good and is integrated well.

- Sound from the TV is fine but for a cinematic experience , a dedicated HT is recommended. Due to space constraint, I have currently not been able to use my AVR and speakers setup. Trying to figure out a workaround .

- The TV is huge and mammoth in size. Be sure of your wall / table dimensions where you plan to mount the TV. While I had taken the measurements , I had to remove my bookshelf speakers from my 5 feet table as the TV occupied the entire real estate .

I would like to thank forum members specially @lightgamer and @vikrantxtrad for their suggestion and sharing a lot of details before i decided to buy. Overall I am extremely satisfied with this tv and I would consider it a huge upgrade from the 42inch LG plasma that I had earlier.

Its been a couple of days that I have been using the Mi Q1 75 and here's summary basis my usage so far

- Default setting (specially the color profile) didnot work for me. Colors were oversaturated , highlights were blown out and flesh tones had a yellow tint to them. Thanks to suggestion from some of the forum members , i was quickly able to tweak a few setting and get the PQ to my liking. Of all the picture modes, i usually select the movie made and then make a few changes to get things in order.

- SD content looks horrible on this TV and is to be avoided at all cost. HD content both through OTT and set top box is very good (specially if you are viewing from 8-10 feet) . However the PQ varies a lot . Channels like Start Sports HD perform well while HD content from Hotstar is below average.

- HDR content and 4K content looks stellar. I am no expert to get into technical details but sharing my viewing experience . I watched Money Heist , Who killed Sara on Netflix and few other HDR content (Jack Ryan) on Prime Video and was blown away. The full screen experience of a 75 inch tv could be so immersive ...you have to watch it to believe it !

- The TV is extremely bright which makes it ideal for well lit bright rooms . However when I watch the TV at night , I prefer to reduce the overall backlight and brightness by a few points

- MEMC needs improvement. While it is a strict NO while watching movies , I tried turning it on when watching sports. Actually its makes the PQ worse and while I am not sure how this technology works , bit i could clearly see choppy frames while watching IPL and the camera following a ball rolling towards the boundary.

- The UI is slow and you will see a slight delay in almost everything that you try to do. The TV was non response in one such instance while watching Youtube. I hope this gets rectified in future software update. Patchwall is good and is integrated well.

- Sound from the TV is fine but for a cinematic experience , a dedicated HT is recommended. Due to space constraint, I have currently not been able to use my AVR and speakers setup. Trying to figure out a workaround .

- The TV is huge and mammoth in size. Be sure of your wall / table dimensions where you plan to mount the TV. While I had taken the measurements , I had to remove my bookshelf speakers from my 5 feet table as the TV occupied the entire real estate .

I would like to thank forum members specially @lightgamer and @vikrantxtrad for their suggestion and sharing a lot of details before i decided to buy. Overall I am extremely satisfied with this tv and I would consider it a huge upgrade from the 42inch LG plasma that I had earlier.
Glad I could help you, I have found a way to improve the motion of the TV but I am still testing it. Will tell about it later.
Regarding MEMC, yes at 24p it's not worth using as sometimes it stops interpolation suddenly and it stutters and there is Motion artifacts too. But my Sony OLED had this same issue so I was aware of it. I would advice you to use motion interpolation on atleast 30 fps content. If you can get football match at 60hz then use motion Interpolator, it will look great else you will feel like ghosting because of large TV, we see more imperfections.
Regarding UI, yes it will be perfect if the upcoming update corrects it, please tag them on twitter and remind them and tell about the issues.
RTINGS review of my sony OLED a8g and the latest a90j say the same thing about MEMC, And btw I think they don't even test on 24fps content ( only 30 and 60).

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_190034.jpg
    IMG_20210610_190034.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210610_185929.jpg
    IMG_20210610_185929.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 12
eARC worked or me with my Marantz 6012 f after some efforts.
Upgraded the HDMI cable to 2.1 (8k labeled)
Changed the HDMI mode from 1.4 to 2.1
Finally realized there is a setting that has (TV Audio Switching) to be enabled in Marantz AVR setup menu.
Did changing the cable had any imapct?

@shriharsha.p "Changing the HDMI mode from 1.4 to 2.1" is one of the biggest workaround that helped me sure. Try that out.

Alright friends... Finally I was able to place an order offline... First of all I checked the largest MI store and found 2 stores near me. Nearest was around 5kms and another was around 25kms. Nearest one hadn't the model in stock and another one said that they can deliver but in 4-5 days as they have it in their warehouse. I visited them and after checking it's 55" variant I took the plunge and made the payment by my HDFC Credit Card, offered 7500 cash back on No Cost EMI but they have charged the revised price 1,25,000/-. Now I can't wait to get it delivered. The only thing I am worried about it's 75" size, if it look small, the viewing distance is between 10-14 feet.
Actually earlier I was planning to get a projector but considering that will need dedicated time and environment I am trying it for casual viewing.
Upgrading TV was not soon in the pipeline, 1st was car but reading and following this thread made me to buy TV first. LOL... :p

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back