Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Nope

@shriharsha.p and others

ARC works fine on the eARC port for me. Under audio option eARC is selected and rest is on auto. I have the tv hooked up to an pioneer vsx 424 which only supports ARC. Whenever there is DTS or Dolby content it detects the codec else it defaults to PCM. Also ARC doesn’t support TrueHD and DTS HD passthrough to the receiver, or at least I can manage to do it via ARC.

The arc implementation is not perfect though I have to turn it off and on sometimes from the receiver for it to work. The internet is full ARC issues because each company has a slightly different CEC and ARC implementation.

I’ve already got the shield, next purchase is going to be a 7.1 receiver with dolby vision + other HDR standards so that everything can be plugged into the receiver only.
Thanks for the info. I am still struggling. I changed back to Hdmi 1.4 settings and the tv displays the message ARC device detected. But there's no volume from the AVR speakers. Now, I am not able to navigate to the settings menu in the tv where you can change the hdmi 1.4 settings. The settings button just displays the standard Android tv settings.

Thanks for the info. I am still struggling. I changed back to Hdmi 1.4 settings and the tv displays the message ARC device detected. But there's no volume from the AVR speakers. Now, I am not able to navigate to the settings menu in the tv where you can change the hdmi 1.4 settings. The settings button just displays the standard Android tv settings.
Disable CEC, then you can. You have to press the centre dial pad

Has anyone remapped the buttons of MI remote ? Which app do you suggest?

Also, can I remap and open Netflix/Prime through the button on MI remote?

TV delivered today by Bluedart, now installation due... Fingers crossed.
It was installed within 4 hours, Quality is amazing as I have checked without using any HDMI media, just used my mobile Hot-Spot to check some You Tube videos. Actually I got it delivered in my new Flat which is empty for now. I will update soon.

It was installed within 4 hours, Quality is amazing as I have checked without using any HDMI media, just used my mobile Hot-Spot to check some You Tube videos. Actually I got it delivered in my new Flat which is empty for now. I will update soon.
Glad you liked it.

anyone tried a harmony remote with the tv? if yes, is it plug n Play or requires confirmation?

Guys, very happy to inform that the TV was delivered yesterday and I could raise the installation request today morning. Full marks to Xiaomi on customer service - a technician came today and installed the TV also. Right out of the box, I could make the following observations:
1. The TV is huge to the extent that I feel my 110 inch projector screen becomes highly questionable
2. The picture out of the box is pretty decent with vibrant, punchy colours. I don't want to nitpick on the technicalities but suffice it to say that it will blow most people away
3. For the life of me, I wasnt able to get the ARC working. I have attached my Yamaha RX 475's hdmi out to the hdmi 2 (eARC) port on the Mi tv. I have enabled arc in the avr (option hdmi control on) and similarly switched on hdmi cec in the tv, without which arc isn't enabled. I have set audio to passthrough and it is recognizing a hdmi earc device. But theres no audio coming from the avr speakers. If i get arc working, then, for simple streaming, i can take my shield tv and fire tv cube out of the equation
4. I have gone back to the default mode of using Shield TV through avr for now. I find the picture much crisper and vibrant as compared to the native android tv screen in the tv.
5. I hope Harmony Hub (non-ir) setup has the Mi tv in its database to integrate it into all activities.

Thanks again to various members on the thread whose reviews pushed me towards this purchase. It does look spectacular.
Thanks Shri, this is very helpful.

Anyone using UPS for this TV? If yes, which one?
Not yet but I also intend on buying one soon.

The TV is 360w. I want cover the AVR (~415w), Sub (~300w), PS4 (~150w) along with other peripherals as well.

So for me I'm looking at 1300 watts easy at peak draw. Would a home inverter ups + external battery make more sense for me?

Not yet but I also intend on buying one soon.

The TV is 360w. I want cover the AVR (~415w), Sub (~300w), PS4 (~150w) along with other peripherals as well.

So for me I'm looking at 1300 watts easy at peak draw. Would a home inverter ups + external battery make more sense for me?

So, 2 APC Back-UPS BX600C-IN are powering my setup. One for AVR+SUB, and other for TV. Now, one of the UPS is not able to take load of this TV.

That's why I was seeking input if anyone else is using any other UPS to power this TV.

Last edited:
So, 2 APC Back-UPS BX600C-IN are powering my setup. One for AVR+SUB, and other for TV. Now, one of the UPS is not able to take load of this TV.

That's why I was seeking input if anyone else is using any other UPS to power this TV.
You atleast need a 1KVA Ups to drive Tv/AVR/Sub combo.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back