Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

A question for those who install a new TV in place of an existing TV.

For uninstallation of your existing TV (wall mounted), do you do it by self or ask the technician who comes to install the new TV to do it (by paying the charge) or use the service from something like Urban Clap?

I am worried if the Jeeves technician who will come to install will agree for uninstallation or I should get it uninstalled by using the service of Urban Clap.
In my case old TV was being exchanged so they anyway had to uninstall it. But mostly even otherwise they will uninstall the old TV for you at no charge. Just recently my friend got the Mi 75 and the Jeeves technician removed the old TV for him even though the new TV was not being wall mounted.

You can get it installed through MI. Raise a installation request on MI website and later cancel jeeves installation.
Thank you

Raised a request early morning on Mi website for installation. Got a call in the afternoon to confirm details and in the evening a technician from Mi local service centre came and installed the TV wall mounted.

He also uninstalled the old TV and did not charge. Standard wall mount charge of Rs 500 for Mi TV 75. I gave him a tip as he also installed the new TV very well.

Thanks. Hope these OTT providers start providing their cricket/football streams at higher fps. Even Tata Sky/Airtel need to start providing 4k channels for special events like Euro and Cricket T20 World Cup.

I have a Firestick 4k and a good internet connection. Will install Kodi and check if a 4k stream is available for Euro to see how the experience is on this TV once I get it installed.
Not just FPS but hotstar n sonyLiv need to seriously improve there bitrate , currently it is around 2-3 Mbps for 1080P feed compared to 5-6 on DTH. Unless they don't folks like me can't ditch DTH yet.

Thank you

Raised a request early morning on Mi website for installation. Got a call in the afternoon to confirm details and in the evening a technician from Mi local service centre came and installed the TV wall mounted.

He also uninstalled the old TV and did not charge. Standard wall mount charge of Rs 500 for Mi TV 75. I gave him a tip as he also installed the new TV very well.
Do share the pics

Not just FPS but hotstar n sonyLiv need to seriously improve there bitrate , currently it is around 2-3 Mbps for 1080P feed compared to 5-6 on DTH. Unless they don't folks like me can't ditch DTH yet.
Its not only bitrate but the colors on dth are much more natural compared to ott while watching sports.
Dth is so cheap now with the individual channels selection option. I have 4 dth setboxes at home, and pay just 900 per month .

This one should do the trick.
This was not in stock. So I spoke to the APC guy and per them BX1100 should be fine.

Bought and installed this one. Its 600w and will be using only to support the TV. Checked the transfer time, and its working. Primary use is to provide backup during switch over from mains power to generator and vice versa.

This was not in stock. So I spoke to the APC guy and per them BX1100 should be fine.

Bought and installed this one. Its 600w and will be using only to support the TV. Checked the transfer time, and its working. Primary use is to provide backup during switch over from mains power to generator and vice versa.
I am also using this model for my Nvidia Shield, Mi TV 75, Broadband router and Synology NAS without any issue.

Finally managed to order one. Had to go to the local Mi Home store where they placed an order for me.

Any recommendations for an HDMI 2.1 cable? I will have to buy 2 as I've also ordered the new Apple TV 4k along with the Sonos Arc.

Finally managed to order one. Had to go to the local Mi Home store where they placed an order for me.

Any recommendations for an HDMI 2.1 cable? I will have to buy 2 as I've also ordered the new Apple TV 4k along with the Sonos Arc.
The TV doesn't support HDMI 2.1, so any HDMI 2.0b cable will suffice. Just make sure that the cable has eARC for the Sonos.

BTW any reason to get the Arc? Unless you have a Sonos in every room it doesn't really make sense in India. The Samsung Q800T has the better audio quality and costs 36k v/s 90k for the Arc: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/too...nos-arc/13375/13760?usage=8767&threshold=0.10

Would want to hear from other members who are using this TV on the upscaling capabilities . I didnot find any difference or upscaling capabilities worth noting for 720p or 1080p content . Have heard that Sony has the best upscaling processing and so does Nvidia Shield.

Would want to hear from other members who are using this TV on the upscaling capabilities . I didnot find any difference or upscaling capabilities worth noting for 720p or 1080p content . Have heard that Sony has the best upscaling processing and so does Nvidia Shield.
Upscaling isn't magic. Low bit rate 720p will look bad on any 75 inch. Even Low range newer TVs have upscaling comparable to Sony as market has caught up.
MI 55 QLED looked as good as x900h as per reviewers and according to me too.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_192534.jpg
    IMG_20210615_192534.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 28
How does this tv not support hdmi 2.1 ? Please explain
It only supports eARC and ALLM and no other HDMI 2.1 features. The bandwidth and other features are limited to HDMI 2.0b features, so any HDMI 2.0b bandwidth cable will work. For eARC you'll need eARC cable. Full HDMI 2.1 compatibility requires at least 32 Gbps support (4k 120 8-bit 4:4:4 or 4k 120 10-bit 4:2:2) and VRR support as well.

This TV is basically HDMI 2.0b + ALLM + eARC.

The TV doesn't support HDMI 2.1, so any HDMI 2.0b cable will suffice. Just make sure that the cable has eARC for the Sonos.

BTW any reason to get the Arc? Unless you have a Sonos in every room it doesn't really make sense in India. The Samsung Q800T has the better audio quality and costs 36k v/s 90k for the Arc: https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/too...nos-arc/13375/13760?usage=8767&threshold=0.10
My entire house is full of Sonos. And I have 2 spare play 1s for rear speakers.

it wasn’t worth the hassle of getting an atmos Avr and wiring new speakers

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_195342.jpg
    IMG_20210615_195342.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 15
It only supports eARC and ALLM and no other HDMI 2.1 features. The bandwidth and other features are limited to HDMI 2.0b features, so any HDMI 2.0b bandwidth cable will work. For eARC you'll need eARC cable. Full HDMI 2.1 compatibility requires at least 32 Gbps support (4k 120 8-bit 4:4:4 or 4k 120 10-bit 4:2:2) and VRR support as well.

This TV is basically HDMI 2.0b + ALLM + eARC.
Yes you are right. I am using PS5 since 2 weeks and honestly picture quality , rtx and HDR is bigger deal. My Sony OLED is 120hz but can do only 60hz at 4k but it feels silky smooth and God of War is great.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_195703.jpg
    IMG_20210615_195703.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210615_195635.jpg
    IMG_20210615_195635.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 46
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back