Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Wait, you picked the frames from a different person. That makes the entire test invalid because of different cameras used.
No Both S10+. Just recording person different. He tried his best I tried my best. That's it. I will upload my OLED then for your peace of mind. Mine is Sony though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210616_152821.jpg
    IMG_20210616_152821.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 31
No Both S10+. Just recording person different. He tried his best I tried my best. That's it. I will upload my OLED then for your peace of mind. Mine is Sony though.
Even that's not a valid comparison. Phones will change settings on different inputs. If a TV is brighter it will expose higher for example. Not to mention that you're compressing the output to sRGB via your phone.

That's why any good TV reviewer like HDTVTest say in every video to trust his numbers and not what you see on screen.

It's like deciding which speakers to buy based on YouTube sound tests.

Even that's not a valid comparison. Phones will change settings on different inputs. If a TV is brighter it will expose higher for example. Not to mention that you're compressing the output to sRGB via your phone.

That's why any good TV reviewer like HDTVTest say in every video to trust his numbers and not what you see on screen.

It's like deciding which speakers to buy based on YouTube sound tests.
Bhai never told that my video is better than HDTV. Just shared my video. Didn't tag you to comment. You can ignore it. Plus OLED can never match the color volume of a. OLED. This is something I watch daily.

Last edited:
Bhai never told that my video is better than HDTV. Just shared my video.
I never said that you are saying that. My problem is that this is spreading misinformation as you can't compare TVs like this.

You get TV output -> compressed dynamic range by smartphone -> further compression as video -> further by YouTube -> taking snapshots out of YouTube -> My personal screen -> my eyes.

There are so many variables here which compress and change the image. It's an extremely bad way of comparing things and the only minutely valid case is when you compare TV's side by side on video, which also I won't recommend.

It's like I'm saying that a Wharfdale speaker is good/bad by listening to how it sounds on my phone via YouTube.

I never said that you are saying that. My problem is that this is spreading misinformation as you can't compare TVs like this.

You get TV output -> compressed dynamic range by smartphone -> further compression as video -> further by YouTube -> taking snapshots out of YouTube -> My personal screen -> my eyes.

There are so many variables here which compress and change the image. It's an extremely bad way of comparing things and the only minutely valid case is when you compare TV's side by side on video, which also I won't recommend.

It's like I'm saying that a Wharfdale speaker is good/bad by listening to how it sounds on my phone via YouTube.
Yes no phone video will capture true image. Every camera messes up temperature and all. But I have explained my actual experience when I see through my eyes. I find QLED much punchier, vibrant and bright. I can only invite my fellow forum members at my home to see OLED and Qled side by side. As anything I post on forum cannot replicate the irl experience. Whatever you say I know and agree but I try to share my experience too. I don't judge on pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20210616_150102.jpg
    IMG_20210616_150102.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 42
@vikrantxtrad Time for u to stop with the video section and join the audio section cause that’s the only thing pending in ur set up.Follow my journey for more insights hahahah

Last edited:
Yes, time to get this thread back on track. Instead of video screenshots from youtube, people should share their settings and other tips. All the settings and tips will get lost in pages if this useless screenshot game continues.

Folks, alas all is not well at my end. I have observed a small crack (?) or aberration in the top left corner of the panel. The frame also has slight indentations on both the top left and top right corner which is totally negligible. The crack kind of thing is hardly visible from 2-3 feet away but is sufficiently prominent on closer inspection. This was missed both by the technician and myself during installation. I have sent photos to Mi customer service and they have promised to send someone for inspection today. Till now they have been super responsive. Let me see how this goes. THIS IS A BIG LESSON FOR PEOPLE CONTEMPLATING SELF INSTALLATION with unboxing videos, etc. It's not worth saving the 2-3 days of installation time because of the lockdown. The company may not honour any damage claims.
All, a quick update. Mi customer service has been extremely responsive and supportive of the customer point of view. They asked for a series of photographs of the tv and packaging materials to be shared with them. While the installation partner cribbed about the crack not being spotted at the time of installation, I also got back on the technician not taking photographs from a closer distance nor a selfie after installation. The Mi backend team has informed that a replacement has been approved and I can expect a swap in the next 2-3 days. Hoping this will happen sometime over the weekend. Overall, it's been a pretty positive experience.

Yes no phone video will capture true image. Every camera messes up temperature and all. But I have explained my actual experience when I see through my eyes. I find QLED much punchier, vibrant and bright. I can only invite my fellow forum members at my home to see OLED and Qled side by side. As anything I post on forum cannot replicate the irl experience. Whatever you say I know and agree but I try to share my experience too. I don't judge on pics.
Bro please share your config and display settings

Bro please share your config and display settings
While experts share their settings for best PQ, as a novice I made a few basic adjustment to my liking which is working well for me . Preferred mode for me is movie mode. Within that , I have decreased the backlight to 45 , contrast to 60 and brightness to 45 . Motion smoothing off , Color Temp : Warm , Color profile : Auto , Local dimming : on , Adaptive Luma control : off , Flesh tones (Saturation and brightness reduced to 45)

This gives me most realistic color representation (IMHO) . The yellow tint specially on faces and skin are also taken care of. The colors are neither dull nor they look oversaturated. I have still not been able to fix washed out highlights specially for SDR scenes. HDR is handled very well by this TV

While experts share their settings for best PQ, as a novice I made a few basic adjustment to my liking which is working well for me . Preferred mode for me is movie mode. Within that , I have decreased the backlight to 45 , contrast to 60 and brightness to 45 . Motion smoothing off , Color Temp : Warm , Color profile : Auto , Local dimming : on , Adaptive Luma control : off , Flesh tones (Saturation and brightness reduced to 45)

This gives me most realistic color representation (IMHO) . The yellow tint specially on faces and skin are also taken care of. The colors are neither dull nor they look oversaturated. I have still not been able to fix washed out highlights specially for SDR scenes. HDR is handled very well by this TV
This is great but brightness at 45 has very strong black crush, I would advice 47. Plus this panel has some issues with producing correct blues, you have to play with blue's saturation/ brightness ( at same place where there is option for flesh tones). It is noticable when you compare it to calibrated display.

This is great but brightness at 45 has very strong black crush, I would advice 47. Plus this panel has some issues with producing correct blues, you have to play with blue's saturation/ brightness ( at same place where there is option for flesh tones). It is noticable when you compare it to calibrated display.
Thanks ...let me make the changes and come back

I test color reproduction using this. You can configure SDR day contrast nicely using this pic.

Attachments

• 20210617_163844.jpg
    20210617_163844.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 54
Has anyone figured out the best settings for the TV yet? It's a bit underwhelming at the moment with the stock settings.

I am facing this peculiar problem with Zee5. Zee5 failed to run after the 1st episode (was watching Sunflower web series). It ran perfectly fine on my airtel xstream box though. I find this issue only with Zee5 and not any other OTT app on Mi TV. Can anybody check and confirm

Also at times it seems far field mic is not working. A restart solves the issue.

Has anyone figured out the best settings for the TV yet? It's a bit underwhelming at the moment with the stock settings.
What are you using? Apps on Tv or some other source.

I am using Firestick with stock settings. Working perfect. I really don.t see the need to tweak anything.

For TV, I using Movie. Standard is a bit off.

What are you using? Apps on Tv or some other source.

I am using Firestick with stock settings. Working perfect. I really don.t see the need to tweak anything.

For TV, I using Movie. Standard is a bit off.
Using the new apple tv 4k

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back