Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Shield has 3 upscaling options: AI enhanced, enhanced, and basic, each with low, medium and high setting. AI enhanced does the most amount of sharpening causing lot of artifacts which I didn't like. Enhanced option at medium setting does a decent job. The 720p and 576p content along NDTV app news feed does look better with the upscaling. How much better? that is very subjective and hard to quantify.

I don't think the tv has any special upscaling, it just streches the low res content to fit the screen. no comparison to the shield. Also MI wouldn't have missed marketing it if the tv had any kind of upscaling tech.

the above is just my initial subjective opinion after 1.5 hours of playing and testing with the shield.
Hmm. Mi missed 1000 nits advertising too, I recently crossed 1200 nits.

Geek Culture have put their review for MI QLED 75.
Listen from 9:00 where he compares with OLED and says there isn't much difference. Goes on to say that before you yell by listening to the statement, he says go and compare it by yourself.

I am planning to get this.

My living room wall to wall distance is 12 feet, so viewing distance will be 10.5-11.0 feet or so. Will 75" will be too big?

I am planning to get this.

My living room wall to wall distance is 12 feet, so viewing distance will be 10.5-11.0 feet or so. Will 75" will be too big?
That would be the sweet spot. Ideally, viewing distance should be 1.6 x screen size. So for MI 75 ideal viewing distance is 10 ft.

All, a quick update. Mi customer service has been extremely responsive and supportive of the customer point of view. They asked for a series of photographs of the tv and packaging materials to be shared with them. While the installation partner cribbed about the crack not being spotted at the time of installation, I also got back on the technician not taking photographs from a closer distance nor a selfie after installation. The Mi backend team has informed that a replacement has been approved and I can expect a swap in the next 2-3 days. Hoping this will happen sometime over the weekend. Overall, it's been a pretty positive experience.
Hi all, today, Mi replaced the (very slightly) damaged TV with a brand new piece. After being wiser, I accepted the replacement after a thorough inspection. I have also set up the TV with a Harmony Hub controlling a Yamaha RXV475, Epson 2030 Projector, Shield TV 2017 and a Gen 1 Fire TV Cube. I have entered the MI TV as a MI Android box as the TV is still not listed in the Harmony library. The "remain on last input" feature in the TV is very useful in setting up Harmony activities as I am essentially using the Mi TV as a dumb display, and Harmony will not control HDMI input changes in the TV. Please do message me if anyone is contemplating a Harmony hub based setup. Sadly, ARC is still not working for me. It used to be a non-issue with my previous Sony Bravia.

Cheers
Harsha

Hi all, today, Mi replaced the (very slightly) damaged TV with a brand new piece. After being wiser, I accepted the replacement after a thorough inspection. I have also set up the TV with a Harmony Hub controlling a Yamaha RXV475, Epson 2030 Projector, Shield TV 2017 and a Gen 1 Fire TV Cube. I have entered the MI TV as a MI Android box as the TV is still not listed in the Harmony library. The "remain on last input" feature in the TV is very useful in setting up Harmony activities as I am essentially using the Mi TV as a dumb display, and Harmony will not control HDMI input changes in the TV. Please do message me if anyone is contemplating a Harmony hub based setup. Sadly, ARC is still not working for me. It used to be a non-issue with my previous Sony Bravia.

Cheers
Harsha
Congratulations.

Have you tried changing the HDMI mode to 2.1 for HDMI2.

Installation was done by Mi service personnel. Suggest you taken written confirmation from them before trying to install yourself (if at all you plan to do so). The TV is massive and you need at least 2-3 people to get it installed. The guys had to produce -ve RT PCR test report before entering society premises which they did.

Call on banks helpline after 3-4 days (once the transaction gets registered) and ask for pre closure. The amount along with prorata interest and GST will reflect as due in your next billing cycle which you need to clear

EW is a personal choice. You need to decide . The TV can still go bad after EW is over . So take a call judiciously. For my case I have still not decided but I might go for EW at a later point (usually all 3rd party service providers allow EW till 9-11 months from the date of purchase). Since you are paying considerably less for the TV itself as compared to the bigger reputed brands, you can always put that extra money for EW and have that peace of mind....again this is purely my personal views

I stay in Mumbai and I ordered just after the govt announced non-essential delivery to be allowed from 1st June. It took 3 days for delivery and same day installation was completed. Delivery was via Bluedart.
Friends, I have an issue here.

Yesterday got an email with the PDF. With the following details, I am not sure how it becomes NO COST EMI. When I purchased the TV offline price was 1,24,999. Doing calculations it's going beyond the price of TV. Can you guys help me to understand the below T&C I received from HDFC?

1624357014082.png

Yesterday got an email with the PDF. With the following details, I am not sure how it becomes NO COST EMI. When I purchased the TV offline price was 1,24,999. Doing calculations it's going beyond the price of TV. Can you guys help me to understand the below T&C I received from HDFC?

View attachment 58556
Check your Flipkart or Mi bill - they should have given you an upfront discount of 10k to make up for the interest being charged through the tenure of the loan. This is how it becomes No interest, as straight up no interest isn't allowed by the RBI

View attachment 58556
No cost EMI works on the concept of giving upfront discount (in this case 7500 INR ) and then recovering the same for the loan tenure . What you end up paying is principal (116020.18) + interest ( 7500 + 18% GST). So basically you are taking a loan from the bank at 0% interest. However if you foreclose the loan , you only pay the principal amount + pro rata interest (interest incurred from the day of transaction to date of preclosure) + 18% GST. Hope this makes things clear.

OK, so basically there is no 7500/- cashback (technically), they are charging the entire amount by this or that way. I am not sure if I should foreclose the loan as they told me that if I foreclose it now, I have to pay around Rs. 650/- + GST (as on TODAY) as interest from the date of purchase + I also have to clear my other un-billed transactions within 4 days of foreclosure. Overall it was good if I had to buy it in cash but to get this 7500/- OFF I had to go through EMI route.

Congratulations.

Will try that for sure. Meanwhile, i have another problem. I beginning to feel this product was rushed to the market with sub optimal software. The hdmi 2 eARC port didn't work at all irrespective of turning on hdmi cec in the tv settings. After a lot of fiddling around, i was able to figure this out. Hdmi ports 1 and 3 work fine. Also, after changing hdmi ports, the tv completely locks up and the only way to make it responsive is to power cycle. Have raised the issue and i got an immediate call from a senior Mi engineer. Have shared videos also. How do I tag the Mi Tv division head and post videos on twitter? Someone in this thread had done this earlier.

Will try that for sure. Meanwhile, i have another problem. I beginning to feel this product was rushed to the market with sub optimal software. The hdmi 2 eARC port didn't work at all irrespective of turning on hdmi cec in the tv settings. After a lot of fiddling around, i was able to figure this out. Hdmi ports 1 and 3 work fine. Also, after changing hdmi ports, the tv completely locks up and the only way to make it responsive is to power cycle. Have raised the issue and i got an immediate call from a senior Mi engineer. Have shared videos also. How do I tag the Mi Tv division head and post videos on twitter? Someone in this thread had done this earlier.
Try that. I am some what certain that's the issue.

The default setting for HDMI2 port is at 1.4 which is not eARC. For eARC port has to be set to 2.1.

Also, in my case I have configured the port to 2.1, yet I have not enabled eARC on TV.

I did.
Tag @laurelsudeep and ask this liar where the hell is our TV's update which he promised early June . Ask him to do his job.

But the way things are looking, I am beginning to think that Hdmi 2 port not working is a hardware issue. Hoping it's otherwise.

I have enabled ARC on my Yamaha AVR with Firestick . Using HDMI port 2. Works fine but whenever I switch content ( exit Netflix to home screen) ARC disconnects. I have to use AVR remote to reset . Has anybody faced this issue

Congratulations.

How to change this ...I am not getting any option...when I press the middle button of mi remote it says cec on , operation not possible

Also if anybody can confirm if colors (specially logos like netflix) look washed out with 4k fire stick as compared to the native app on tv. There is no difference in PQ though

How to change this ...I am not getting any option...when I press the middle button of mi remote it says cec on , operation not possible

Also if anybody can confirm if colors (specially logos like netflix) look washed out with 4k fire stick as compared to the native app on tv. There is no difference in PQ though
Disable CEC on TV and then do it.

All your color fade out problem should solve.

Disable CEC on TV and then do it.

All your color fade out problem should solve.
sorry to be repetitive...but if i disable CEC , ARC doesnot work.

I have another peculiar problem. Using a Yamaha AVR receiver the sound doesnot switch automatically from PCM to DD+. For example when i am on the home screen , the sound output is PCM . The moment i play a Dolby movie , the sound does not come (decoder off). Have to cycle inputs once (pressing another input source other than AV4 which is set to TV) and then the AVR detects Dolby . Is this a problem with my AVR (V375) or the HDMI cable or TV ARC . Is the ARC handshaking not happening

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back