Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I am facing this peculiar problem with Zee5. Zee5 failed to run after the 1st episode (was watching Sunflower web series). It ran perfectly fine on my airtel xstream box though. I find this issue only with Zee5 and not any other OTT app on Mi TV. Can anybody check and confirm

Also at times it seems far field mic is not working. A restart solves the issue.
There are some serious issues with MI TV apps. I also noticed multiple issues such as no sound passthrough, sluggish app etc.

Everything works super fine on Firestick. Am using MI TV as a big screen only.

I am facing this peculiar problem with Zee5. Zee5 failed to run after the 1st episode (was watching Sunflower web series). It ran perfectly fine on my airtel xstream box though. I find this issue only with Zee5 and not any other OTT app on Mi TV. Can anybody check and confirm

Also at times it seems far field mic is not working. A restart solves the issue.
Please if you forum members can tag Mi on twitter and report these problems. A lot of our issues can be corrected.

I have exact same issue on Zee5 while watching Sunflower.I was able to play Sunflower on Firestick4K.

If you're on iOS, you can download the THX app and airplay it to your apple TV connected (if you have one) and then calibrate the tv that way. Made a big difference.

Till a new software update is released , what would be preferred streaming source for this TV for best quality

Airtel xstream box
Fire Stick
Nvidia Shield
Any other streaming device

Till a new software update is released , what would be preferred streaming source for this TV for best quality

Airtel xstream box
Fire Stick
Nvidia Shield
Any other streaming device
I am on Firestick, and its performing super so far with this TV. I have installed Kodi on Firestick and that too is working very well. Also, I am not using TV speakers, they are useless TBH.

Am not sure, if I will ever use the TV OS. May be only when Android TV 11 comes and that can be installed on this TV.

Firestick, though low on hardware specs is very robust IMO.

I am on Firestick, and its performing super so far with this TV. I have installed Kodi on Firestick and that too is working very well. Also, I am not using TV speakers, they are useless TBH.

Am not sure, if I will ever use the TV OS. May be only when Android TV 11 comes and that can be installed on this TV.

Firestick, though low on hardware specs is very robust IMO.

Are you using the 4k firestick. For audio, you have a dedicated HT setup or soundbar

Are you using the 4k firestick. For audio, you have a dedicated HT setup or soundbar
Yes, I have 4K Firestick that is directly connected to one of the HDMI port of TV. And HDMI 2 of TV is connected to ARC compatible Yamaha 5.1 AVR. Have enabled HDMI to 2.1.

4K Firestick remote comes with volume control and that manages the AVR sound volume. AVR's power is toggled through ARC. TV's power control is managed through Firestick.

So, I am only using firestick remote to manage/control all equipments.

Moreover, I also have echo dot which I use to voice control firestick, AVR, ACs and other equipments in the lounge.

Just got the new shield pro 2019 (was using a loaner 2017 shield from a friend till now), and I absolutely love LOVE it!!

Everything just work seamlessly, no lag at all, the 2017 shield had microlag here and there. The new shield remote, which is built really well, has an IR emitter so it works with the AVR as well. power button on the shield turns on/off all three devices and shield input is automatically selected. The harmony 700 I just bought is useless now.

AI up scaling is decent, all my old hanna Barbera collection does look a little better. DD and DTS audio passthrough happening perfectly, barring the occasional need to reboot the tv cuz of shitty CEC implementation. DD TrueHD and DTS HD MA is not supported via ARC so that only happens if I plug in the shield directly to my aging AVR while loosing all HDR playback capability.

Also next to zero jank in plex (plex server on lan on a windows box while shield is on 802.11ac). Only time plex hangs sometimes is when rewinding aggressively.

I would highly recommend the 2019 shield pro if you have the budget, costs about 16k in the US right now. Prime sale starts tomorrow on Amazon US, so might get discounted further.

Last edited:
Just the new shield pro 2019 (relative was coming from US), and I absolutely love LOVE it!!

everything just work seamlessly, no lag at all. The shield remote has an IR emitter so it works with the AVR as well. power button on the shield turns on/off all three devices and shield input is automatically selected.

AI up scaling is decent and DD and DTS audio passthrough happening perfectly, barring the occasional need to reboot the tv cuz of shitty CEC implementation. DD TrueHD and DTS HD MA is not supported via ARC so that only happens if I plug in the shield directly to my aging AVR while loosing all HDR playback capability.
Are you passing through AVR or through TV?

Just got the new shield pro 2019 (was using a loaner 2017 shield from a friend till now), and I absolutely love LOVE it!!

Everything just work seamlessly, no lag at all, the 2017 shield had microlag here and there. The new shield remote, which is built really well, has an IR emitter so it works with the AVR as well. power button on the shield turns on/off all three devices and shield input is automatically selected. The harmony 700 I just bought is useless now.

AI up scaling is decent, all my old hanna Barbera collection does look a little better. DD and DTS audio passthrough happening perfectly, barring the occasional need to reboot the tv cuz of shitty CEC implementation. DD TrueHD and DTS HD MA is not supported via ARC so that only happens if I plug in the shield directly to my aging AVR while loosing all HDR playback capability.

Also next to zero jank in plex (plex server on lan on a windows box while shield is on 802.11ac). Only time plex hangs sometimes is when rewinding aggressively.

I would highly recommend the 2019 shield pro if you have the budget, costs about 16k in the US right now. Prime sale starts tomorrow on Amazon US, so might get discounted further.
Does it mean than Mi QLED has good upscaling? I mean if the difference is less.

Does it mean than Mi QLED has good upscaling? I mean if the difference is less.

Shield has 3 upscaling options: AI enhanced, enhanced, and basic, each with low, medium and high setting. AI enhanced does the most amount of sharpening causing lot of artifacts which I didn't like. Enhanced option at medium setting does a decent job. The 720p and 576p content along NDTV app news feed does look better with the upscaling. How much better? that is very subjective and hard to quantify.

I don't think the tv has any special upscaling, it just streches the low res content to fit the screen. no comparison to the shield. Also MI wouldn't have missed marketing it if the tv had any kind of upscaling tech.

the above is just my initial subjective opinion after 1.5 hours of playing and testing with the shield.

Has anyone installed Kodi on this TV and using HT setup?

Are you getting multichannel on your AVR?

I would also be keen to hear on how kodi works on this tv. I tried installing the kodi on my Airtel xstream box . The xstream box was too weak to handle kodi and everything was a bit slow. Hence uninstalled it. Haven't got time to install kodi on the tv though

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back