Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

For all three ports?

Also, how are you connecting firestick ? Directly to TV?

I have FS connected to HDMI3 of TV and HDMI2 connected to Yamaha AVR.
A suggestion. If we have the luxury of standalone streaming devices like a Fire Stick or a Shield TV, it will be way better to connect these devices directly to the AVRs HDMI port and use the TV as a dumb display. This will avoid the ARC handshake problems and associated issues.

Cheers

A suggestion. If we have the luxury of standalone streaming devices like a Fire Stick or a Shield TV, it will be way better to connect these devices directly to the AVRs HDMI port and use the TV as a dumb display. This will avoid the ARC handshake problems and associated issues.

Cheers
Yeah, totally agree. If you see my earlier posts I was doing that only and had issues with my AVR not passing 4K and negotiating HDCP2.2 properly. It's Yamaha HTR 3067.

Am using this TV as dumb display only.

did that and realized that HDMI was already changed to 2.1
There should be an audio out option which specifies the format the audio would be sent out. My Sony TV has Auto 1 (compressed audio without any changes), Auto 2 (compressed audio only for multichannel content), PCM. Try changing these settings around if your TV has them. I had trouble outputting sound to my Yamaha receiver initially. Auto 1 and PCM work for me, Auto 2 doesn't for some reason.

There should be an audio out option which specifies the format the audio would be sent out. My Sony TV has Auto 1 (compressed audio without any changes), Auto 2 (compressed audio only for multichannel content), PCM. Try changing these settings around if your TV has them. I had trouble outputting sound to my Yamaha receiver initially. Auto 1 and PCM work for me, Auto 2 doesn't for some reason.
MI TV has. In case of HDMI, it has Auto, PCM and Digital pass through. For SPDIF it's Auto, PCM, Passthrough and Dolby digital.

OK, so basically there is no 7500/- cashback (technically), they are charging the entire amount by this or that way. I am not sure if I should foreclose the loan as they told me that if I foreclose it now, I have to pay around Rs. 650/- + GST (as on TODAY) as interest from the date of purchase + I also have to clear my other un-billed transactions within 4 days of foreclosure. Overall it was good if I had to buy it in cash but to get this 7500/- OFF I had to go through EMI route.
I just purchased the TV today from the MI store:
The total bill was: TV (1,24,499) + EW (Approx 3.5k) + Delivery (.7K) = 1,29,498/-
I used HDFC card for 1,20,000 and paid 9.5K cash.

The HDFC receipt shows as follows:
Base Amount (Credit card charged): Rs. 1,20,000
Tenure 3 Months
Payback: 2.45%
Payback Amount: Rs.2940
Loan Amount: Rs. 1,17,060
[Applicable Int Rate (P.A.): 15%, or 1.25% per month]
Interest Amount: Rs. 2939.62
EMI Amount: Rs 39,999.54
Total Amt with Interest: Rs. 1,19,998.62

Apart from this I will get a Rs. 7500 Cashback after 90 Days (mentioned in the HDFC receipt)

Additional Points:
- GST extra on Interest Amount
- Convenience fee of Rs. 199 + GST

No mention of preclosure

So it looks like you will get Rs. 7.5K after 3 months, and MI is additionally paying for the interest of the loan term, so your actual cost would be Total - Interest rate.
I wonder if you take the longest tenure, and then pre-close, would you be getting a larger refund?

did you get it? or anyone else for that matter. is there any noticeable difference
Didn't get it till yet or I would have directly added it's review. I guess we have to wait. There will be performance improvement for sure as SoC isn't weak.

I just purchased the TV today from the MI store:
The total bill was: TV (1,24,499) + EW (Approx 3.5k) + Delivery (.7K) = 1,29,498/-
I used HDFC card for 1,20,000 and paid 9.5K cash.

The HDFC receipt shows as follows:
Base Amount (Credit card charged): Rs. 1,20,000
Tenure 3 Months
Payback: 2.45%
Payback Amount: Rs.2940
Loan Amount: Rs. 1,17,060
[Applicable Int Rate (P.A.): 15%, or 1.25% per month]
Interest Amount: Rs. 2939.62
EMI Amount: Rs 39,999.54
Total Amt with Interest: Rs. 1,19,998.62

Apart from this I will get a Rs. 7500 Cashback after 90 Days (mentioned in the HDFC receipt)

Additional Points:
- GST extra on Interest Amount
- Convenience fee of Rs. 199 + GST

No mention of preclosure

So it looks like you will get Rs. 7.5K after 3 months, and MI is additionally paying for the interest of the loan term, so your actual cost would be Total - Interest rate.
I wonder if you take the longest tenure, and then pre-close, would you be getting a larger refund?
Did you order it from their website or directly contact a bangalore MI store? Their website still only shows the "notify me" option .

Current build is 1328? Correct.

Also, have they recently updated patchwall? I am seeing a different layout than before.
Yes, Patchwall layout changed. I noticed that initial 2 days it was different. I think its updated to patchwall 4.0.2 Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 8.12.04 AM.png

Last edited:
What version of HDMI cable are you using? If its one of the older 1.4 ones and you have that plugged into a TV that does >2.0, that might be the culprit. I am not sure what version of HDMI is supported on your receiver either.
Not sure what HDMI cable version means ...usually the HDMI ports are labelled as 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1. Any HDMI high speed cable should be able to carry signal...IMHO. The AVR doesnot support HDMI 2.0 and 2.1

After going mad for last couple of days to get the correct set up I have almost given up. I have to live with it or else upgrade which I might not want to at this point in time.

The AVR for sure has issue decoding the audio formats. Even when I set the TV out as Passthru and source is PCM , the AVR shows as DD+. And then the audio stutters as if the ARC keeps on disconnecting every sec. I tried searching every forum but couldnot get much help. Anybody who has been able to implement ARC properly spacially with a 4K fire stick , could you share settings of both TV and Fire Stick . That would be really helpful to understand whether the old AVR is to be blamed or poor ARC implementation on the TV.

I did also connect the optical port of the TV to receiver. That also has a problem . The sound is way too low and I have to increase the amp volume by 3X as compared over ARC .

Any help would be highly appreciated . Thanks

My 2.5 year old TCL 75inch stopped working. No one from TCL bothered to come and check. Out of frustration just placed order for Mi Q1 75 on Mi India. This would be my first QLED TV and also one with enough brightness to justify HDR tag I think. Can't wait to see it in action.

Could someone tell me how long Xiaomi took to deliver your TV?
How to get extended warranty? The website says I don't have any no eligible products to buy extended warranty.

Also did anyone use adjustable wall mount with this TV. I am considering something like this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LNS61WS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HZ57EPFATX51A5EW6EYR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
Not sure what HDMI cable version means ...usually the HDMI ports are labelled as 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1. Any HDMI high speed cable should be able to carry signal...IMHO. The AVR doesnot support HDMI 2.0 and 2.1

After going mad for last couple of days to get the correct set up I have almost given up. I have to live with it or else upgrade which I might not want to at this point in time.

The AVR for sure has issue decoding the audio formats. Even when I set the TV out as Passthru and source is PCM , the AVR shows as DD+. And then the audio stutters as if the ARC keeps on disconnecting every sec. I tried searching every forum but couldnot get much help. Anybody who has been able to implement ARC properly spacially with a 4K fire stick , could you share settings of both TV and Fire Stick . That would be really helpful to understand whether the old AVR is to be blamed or poor ARC implementation on the TV.

I did also connect the optical port of the TV to receiver. That also has a problem . The sound is way too low and I have to increase the amp volume by 3X as compared over ARC .

Any help would be highly appreciated . Thanks
Which AVR do you have?

I have Yamaha HTR 3067. It claims it can passthrough 4k, but in reality it doesn't support HDCP 2.2. So, the 4K video from firestick doesn't pass through.

Here is what I have done is working fine:

All HDMI ports on TV enabled to 2.1
4k FS connected to TV's HDMI3 (Display setting on FS: 4K forced, HDR set to Adaptive) - Excellent display performance
CEC enabled - All three points ticked on TV
eARC - not enabled
AVR connected to HDMI2 of TV
Audio on TV set to HDMI and passthrough
CEC also enabled on FS and also equipment management too (includes MI TV and Yamaha AVR)

What has been achieved:
- MI remote can control FS and volume control/power on/off on AVR
- FS remote an control FS and volume control/power on/off on AVR
- Alexa can turn on / off entire setup
- AVR playing surround sound - Dolby & Dolby Plus effectively
- Video resolution as per source as played on FS (HDR, HDR10+, Dolby Vision)

Happy to help you, as I too have wasted significant time to fix this.. You can search thread and see my past issues/pain.

My 2.5 year old TCL 75inch stopped working. No one from TCL bothered to come and check. Out of frustration just placed order for Mi Q1 75 on Mi India. This would be my first QLED TV and also one with enough brightness to justify HDR tag I think. Can't wait to see it in action.

Could someone tell me how long Xiaomi took to deliver your TV?
For Bangalore location, Normally they deliver next day
How to get extended warranty? The website says I don't have any no eligible products to buy extended warranty.
Yes, But you can get 1 year EW from the service center person (approx 3500.00).
Also did anyone use adjustable wall mount with this TV. I am considering something like this https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LNS61WS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HZ57EPFATX51A5EW6EYR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
You can go for it but not sure if the person installing the TV would agree to install the TV on this (free of cost). You might have to pay additional amount to get it installed.

But you can opt for basic wall mount available with the technician for approx 500.00

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back