Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I suggest you read all about HDMI for your AVR. Page 58 to 60 (and some others) from the downloadable pdf manual talks a lot about how to set things up.

I suggest you read all about HDMI for your AVR. Page 58 to 60 (and some others) from the downloadable pdf manual talks a lot about how to set things up.

Since cables donot mention HDMI version and I am using cables which were purchased recently , I assume it's not a problem with the cable. I did swap the cable to check and the problem persist. The DTH works fine with ARC and the AVR decodes the sound correctly. The problem arises only while using FireStick when AVR fails to detect sound

The problem arises only while using FireStick when AVR fails to detect sound
Even with the FireStick connected direct to the AVR?
I can't say for sure what is going on.
In this case, its a HDMI 2.1 capable TV that is trying to communicate with a HDMI 1.4 capable receiver. We don't know what cable is in use. If the cable did not matter, I would not have mentioned it.
One a Sony TV, there is a Dolby Digital Plus Output setting in the Menu. Dolby Digital Plus is to be selected for audio systems supporting Dolby Digital Plus and Arc. If you use ARC and optical audio out, you are supposed to set it at Dolby Digital. This automatically mutes Dolby Digital Plus over optical audio out.
There are parameters to adjust for PCM, Compressed audio as well.

I had experienced ARC issues with my TV due to a old HDMI cable. Similar to your situation, I have an old AVR and a newer TV. I have no clue what version the HDMI cable was. In my case, there was no audio at all. Due to UHD requirements, I can't route the blu ray player to the AVR as it can't do over 2k or HDR. It would not work even with the Blu Ray player connected direct to the TV as my cable would not send a suitable stream. I got new HDMI 2.0 cables and that solved the problem. It could well be the same problem you are experiencing. Borrow a HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable if you can.

Last edited:
In this case, its a HDMI 2.1 capable TV that is trying to communicate with a HDMI 1.4 capable receiver. We don't know what cable is in use. If the cable did not matter, I would not have mentioned it.
One a Sony TV, there is a Dolby Digital Plus Output setting in the Menu. Dolby Digital Plus is to be selected for audio systems supporting Dolby Digital Plus and Arc. If you use ARC and optical audio out, you are supposed to set it at Dolby Digital. This automatically mutes Dolby Digital Plus over optical audio out.

I had experienced ARC issues with my TV due to a old HDMI cable. Similar to your situation, I have an old AVR and a newer TV. I have no clue what version the HDMI cable was. In my case, there was no audio at all. Due to UHD requirements, I can't route the blu ray player to the AVR as it can't do over 2k or HDR. It would not work even with the Blu Ray player connected direct to the TV as my cable would not send a suitable stream. I got new HDMI 2.0 cables and that solved the problem. It could well be the same problem you are experiencing. Borrow a HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable if you caI

I had experienced ARC issues with my TV due to a old HDMI cable. Similar to your situation, I have an old AVR and a newer TV. I have no clue what version the HDMI cable was. In my case, there was no audio at all. Due to UHD requirements, I can't route the blu ray player to the AVR as it can't do over 2k or HDR. It would not work even with the Blu Ray player connected direct to the TV as my cable would not send a suitable stream. I got new HDMI 2.0 cables and that solved the problem. It could well be the same problem you are experiencing. Borrow a HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable if you can.

I connected Firestick directly to AVR HDMI input port and it worked normal. However for all practical purposes since the AVR can't do 4K and is not HDCP certified, doesnot make sense to use FS directly hooked onto the receiver. To make things uniform , i changed the ARC port on TV to operate at HDMI 1.4 assuming that AVR will do 1.4 . That too doesnot resolve the issue

I have connect both the ARC port and Optical Port of TV to AVR. The optical port is AV1 and ARC is AV4 as displayed in Yamaha AVR. I have option to select in TV the sound output which is configured to ARC. If i need sound through optical , i need to change to SPDIF. I hope having both ARC and optical connected with AVR is not causing issue

Last edited:
To make things uniform , i changed the ARC port on TV to operate at HDMI 1.4 assuming that AVR will do 1.4 . That too doesnot resolve the issue
I hope having both ARC and optical connected with AVR is not causing issue
I have not come across any TV that can change the version of HDMI from 2.1 to 1.4. It is generally backward compatible. You don't need to change any HDMI version settings.

You cannot get HDMI ARC and Optical to output the same signal in parallel. At least not on a TV. You will have to use on or the other. You will not be able to resolve the issue like this.

Your receiver can handle a 4k, 30hz signal and is HDCP compatible. Please read the manual.

I have not come across any TV that can change the version of HDMI from 2.1 to 1.4. It is generally backward compatible. You don't need to change any HDMI version settings.

You cannot get HDMI ARC and Optical to output the same signal in parallel. At least not on a TV. You will have to use on or the other. You will not be able to resolve the issue like this.

Your receiver can handle a 4k, 30hz signal and is HDCP compatible. Please read the manual.
Not HDCP 2.2, I guess

Mi TV has the option where you can change the HDMI version. What changes it does is something i have not understood till date.

As said earlier , TV has option to output either ARC or Optical but not both. Currently its set to ARC.

What I meant by HDCP was that v375 is not HDCP 2.2 compatible. When i connected 4K firestick to AVR directly , the output was only 1080p and not Ultra HD even for Ultra HD content .

There is some fundamental problem with this TV related to ARC.

Other than 4k firestick, I have extensively tested other apps on TV such as Kodi, Netflix, Prime etc.

Settings: TV Audio out set to HDMI (eARC). ARC enabled on AVR (Yamaha 3067). Audio set to passthrough. eArc disabled on TV

On Kodi, I played multiple type of video and audio files, here are some key observation:

1) Video files with DTS-HD & Dolby works fine no problem at all
2) Audio DTS files work absolutely fine
3) Files with Dolby Digital Plus have issues (Have to toggle between the source and sound comes. However if I pause and play again, the sound goes off)
4) If eARC is enabled on TV, there is no sound at all that comes from AVR (even toggling between the source doesn't work)

Using BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable.

TBH, I see some fundamental issue with this TV, its more like a half baked product from MI. Disappointed.

Having some audio sync issues with the Apple TV 4K and eARC.

Anything streamed directly from the TV's built in apps are perfectly in sync. The apple tv is also in sync but it loses it's sync completely if the video is paused for a while. This is mainly in 5.1 content. Atmos and non 5.1 plays just fine. the only solution to it is to restart the tv and then everything is back in sync.

My suspicion is the the old amazon basics hdmi cable that I have connected from the ATV to the Mi. I am going to upgrade this to a HDMI 2.1 certified cable next week and see if it fixes this issue then.

Other than this absolutely zero complaints about the TV.

There is some fundamental problem with this TV related to ARC.

Other than 4k firestick, I have extensively tested other apps on TV such as Kodi, Netflix, Prime etc.

Settings: TV Audio out set to HDMI (eARC). ARC enabled on AVR (Yamaha 3067). Audio set to passthrough. eArc disabled on TV

On Kodi, I played multiple type of video and audio files, here are some key observation:

1) Video files with DTS-HD & Dolby works fine no problem at all
2) Audio DTS files work absolutely fine
3) Files with Dolby Digital Plus have issues (Have to toggle between the source and sound comes. However if I pause and play again, the sound goes off)
4) If eARC is enabled on TV, there is no sound at all that comes from AVR (even toggling between the source doesn't work)

Using BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable.

TBH, I see some fundamental issue with this TV, its more like a half baked product from MI. Disappointed.
Mention this on twitter please. We can't help here regarding this issue.
Complaining them definitely helps out. I will mention them too. And about KODI, I really dislike that app, since things are going Dolby Vision I don't think anyone should be using Kodi or any external player as multi layer Dolby Vision is literally impossible to play. Kodi uses FFMpeg and Dolby Vision inside matroska files uses an extended block that needs to be seen by FFmpeg and passed to Kodi to send to the decoder. Dolby Vision MKV is not yet implemented in FFMpeg.
I have checked with Nvdia sheild 2017 ( my friends) too, doesn't display layered DV.
And regarding your audio issue
The internal media play is the only app I can get to play DTS audio. Kodi and VLC can only transcode into DD+. This was my observation.

Last edited:
Request for those who bought this TV from FK seller hydtelretailssales. Can you please DM me the seller's contact details(phone, mail id)? You may have these details on the invoice. Thanks.

So, spent substantial time on this, experimented a lot, changed the HDMI cable etc.

Problem with ARC persists, native apps on TV such as Netflix and Prime are not working fine. The sound through ARC drops, especially when the video is paused and played again. Have to toggle the source input on AVR to get sound, especially content with 5.1 surround sound. Don't have any such issue when using Firestick, though its only contained to Dolby Digital.

Noticed another interesting flaw with this TV. Speed of internet at times is slow, this despite the fact that I have connected this with a LAN cable to a gigabit router. At the same time the firestick has been working fine.

Have read plenty of posts, blogs on other forums and sites. All point out there seems to be the problem with TV, especially poorly executed ARC implementation.

I will be putting a formal complaint to MI now.

TBH, extremely disappointed with this poorly engineered TV. The OS is utter useless on this TV. No doubt the display is really awesome. No complaint on that area. The best use of this TV is as a dumb display only, however with poor ARC implementation, even that is not pleasing.

Clearly, you get what you pay for.

@neogen I feel your pain man. ARC is giving me trouble as well. It keeps turns off at least once every time I’m watching something. I spoke to a few friends who use AVR and all of them face issues with ARC irrespective of brand.

So, spent substantial time on this, experimented a lot, changed the HDMI cable etc.

Problem with ARC persists, native apps on TV such as Netflix and Prime are not working fine. The sound through ARC drops, especially when the video is paused and played again. Have to toggle the source input on AVR to get sound, especially content with 5.1 surround sound. Don't have any such issue when using Firestick, though its only contained to Dolby Digital.

Noticed another interesting flaw with this TV. Speed of internet at times is slow, this despite the fact that I have connected this with a LAN cable to a gigabit router. At the same time the firestick has been working fine.

Have read plenty of posts, blogs on other forums and sites. All point out there seems to be the problem with TV, especially poorly executed ARC implementation.

I will be putting a formal complaint to MI now.

TBH, extremely disappointed with this poorly engineered TV. The OS is utter useless on this TV. No doubt the display is really awesome. No complaint on that area. The best use of this TV is as a dumb display only, however with poor ARC implementation, even that is not pleasing

I have been also playing around a bit to drill down further and a couple of things have settled down for the time being

- I donot face any issues with the native TV OS and the AVR is also detecting the audio signal via ARC . Because of whatever reasons beyond my understanding , the audio at the home screen shows as PCM and then changes to Dolby Digital + irrespective of playing non dolby content. At times the toggle of input has to be done to make the audio work.

- Within firestick , I have changed the audio to DD+ and the audio is working fine. However on startup , input has to be toggled to get the audio working . But most of the times , audio starts working the moment the FS remote sends out the first input after startup. Pause and play doesnot break the audio for both TV and FS

- While I havent checked at what data speed this is operating , till date havent faced a single issue with buffering for all HD and UHD content. It plays instantaneously (both TV and FS).

- I also have a Airtel xstream box and that also works fine with the customary toggle of input with the AVR remote but no issues thereafter.

For certain there seems to be a problem with the TV ARC implementation but I also feel there could be some incompatibility due to the AVR being pretty old .

Anybody in this forum using this TV with the newer generation of AVRs (having HDMI 2.0 and 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 support) would like to share their experience. Specially for those using non-Yamaha AVR

I will also drop in a formal complaint tomorrow with Mi . Lets see what they come back with

This looks like a half baked product from Xiaomi India. For those who can return the TV, I'd go ahead with that. It isn't worth your time and money. While the screen real estate is tempting, there is no point if the software is not implemented properly. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning. Stick to the more known names in the TV business instead. You won't get the same screen size but I'd make my peace with a better built and designed TV instead of this. Appears to be quite a number of compromises on this set.

The backward incompatibility of the TV or receiver or whatever else it is, should not be an excuse to upgrade other components in your chain. That is just wasted money. Considering whatever other TV you used in the past worked just fine, there sure seems to be some genuine flaws in the software implementation on this TV.

While things get resolved, I'd just use Optical or coaxial audio out. Should hopefully resolve some of the sync issues.

This looks like a half baked product from Xiaomi India. For those who can return the TV, I'd go ahead with that. It isn't worth your time and money. While the screen real estate is tempting, there is no point if the software is not implemented properly. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning. Stick to the more known names in the TV business instead. You won't get the same screen size but I'd make my peace with a better built and designed TV instead of this. Appears to be quite a number of compromises on this set.

The backward incompatibility of the TV or receiver or whatever else it is, should not be an excuse to upgrade other components in your chain. That is just wasted money. Considering whatever other TV you used in the past worked just fine, there sure seems to be some genuine flaws in the software implementation on this TV.

While things get resolved, I'd just use Optical or coaxial audio out. Should hopefully resolve some of the sync issues.

Barring the ARC issue (with workaround albeit the pain involved) , i would still rate this TV one of the best value for money. While I am a bit disappointed with the ongoing issue , the moment I think of what i get against what I have paid , its difficult to complain. My topmost priority was PQ and screen size and the TV shines in both those areas and is an absolute VFM. I hope the upcoming SW update fixes the issues.

Btw ...anybody has got the recent build of firmware update?...also if somebody can comment whether they are facing ARC issues with non-Yamaha AVRs or even soundbars

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back