Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I still think it's about hdmi 2.1 cable capable of high speed like 48gbps...those having issues first just check with new 2.1 48gbps cable

Thanks but i guess the cable is not culprit and a few guys have tried doing that without any joy ! Just came across another thread which explains the same issue i am facing now. Inference drawn is that it could be a problem with the AVR

Adding one more similar thread . For the time being if you dont like the workaround of toggling input of your AVR remote , optical is the other option worth looking at. HDMI-CEC will still work, so one remote operation will be fine. The TV will not try to push DD+ over ARC and simply do old-fashioned DD. It is much more predicable setup.

Have questions on the Wall Bracket installation.

The TV width is 66 inches, I have space of 78 inches (so half a feet gap on each side), and the box has a depth of 12inches.
Is it difficult to wallmount it?

I was hoping to use the swivel wallmount, the MI person is discouraging even for the regular wallmount. I think to keep the tv on the base mount, I need 14inches of space, plus I will lose space to keep the soundbar.

Would 6inches on the side be sufficient to changing HDMI cabling connections?

TvWall.jpeg

Have questions on the Wall Bracket installation.

The TV width is 66 inches, I have space of 78 inches (so half a feet gap on each side), and the box has a depth of 12inches.
Is it difficult to wallmount it?

I was hoping to use the swivel wallmount, the MI person is discouraging even for the regular wallmount. I think to keep the tv on the base mount, I need 14inches of space, plus I will lose space to keep the soundbar.

Would 6inches on the side be sufficient to changing HDMI cabling connections?

View attachment 59021

The HDMI ports are not at the edge of TV but tucked slight inside......you would definitely want some space if you need to change inputs often.

Also note that in case you want to connect the optical port of the TV , do it before you wall mount or table top . Its extremely hard to reach for that optical port specially with constrained spaces

This looks like a half baked product from Xiaomi India. For those who can return the TV, I'd go ahead with that. It isn't worth your time and money. While the screen real estate is tempting, there is no point if the software is not implemented properly. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning. Stick to the more known names in the TV business instead. You won't get the same screen size but I'd make my peace with a better built and designed TV instead of this. Appears to be quite a number of compromises on this set.

The backward incompatibility of the TV or receiver or whatever else it is, should not be an excuse to upgrade other components in your chain. That is just wasted money. Considering whatever other TV you used in the past worked just fine, there sure seems to be some genuine flaws in the software implementation on this TV.

While things get resolved, I'd just use Optical or coaxial audio out. Should hopefully resolve some of the sync issues.
I beg to differ. I am extremely happy with the TV.

I am using the TV with 3 year old Marantz 7011 and have not faced any issue with ARC at all. I have also connected Firestick 4k to TV and the audio is passing through to AVR without any issue at all.

I regularly play content from Netflix, Amazon Prime , Hotstar & Youtube via TV app. I tried play / pause / ff different formats( Stereo, DD+) and there were no hiccups.

I have not faced issues on OS side and have not felt the need to use firestick at all.

I am using the TV with 3 year old Marantz 7011 and have not faced any issue with ARC at all. I have also connected Firestick 4k to TV and the audio is passing through to AVR without any issue at all.

I regularly play content from Netflix, Amazon Prime , Hotstar & Youtube via TV app. I tried play / pause / ff different formats( Stereo, DD+) and there were no hiccups.

I have not faced issues on OS side and have not felt the need to use firestick at all.
Any reason why you need Firestick 4K? Aren't all the apps available on the Mi TV?

I am thinking of getting one of the Soundbars (JBL 9.1, Samsung Q950A, or Sennheiser Ambio Soundbar). Is there any reason for an AV receiver still?

One concern I have is, how to stream HiRes Audio to the soundbar (either from NAS or AppleMusic/Tidal). Anyway this is for another discussion topic in the audio groups.
https://www.samsung.com/in/audio-devices/soundbar/q950a-black-hw-q950a-xl/

So, spent substantial time on this, experimented a lot, changed the HDMI cable etc.

Problem with ARC persists, native apps on TV such as Netflix and Prime are not working fine. The sound through ARC drops, especially when the video is paused and played again. Have to toggle the source input on AVR to get sound, especially content with 5.1 surround sound. Don't have any such issue when using Firestick, though its only contained to Dolby Digital.

Noticed another interesting flaw with this TV. Speed of internet at times is slow, this despite the fact that I have connected this with a LAN cable to a gigabit router. At the same time the firestick has been working fine.

Have read plenty of posts, blogs on other forums and sites. All point out there seems to be the problem with TV, especially poorly executed ARC implementation.

I will be putting a formal complaint to MI now.

TBH, extremely disappointed with this poorly engineered TV. The OS is utter useless on this TV. No doubt the display is really awesome. No complaint on that area. The best use of this TV is as a dumb display only, however with poor ARC implementation, even that is not pleasing.

Clearly, you get what you pay for.
Kind of agree. Lots of kinks on arc and the software front. My 3rd tv (2nd) replacement is coming tomorrow. Tv number 1 had intransit damage, tv number 2 has two hdmi ports conked out (hdmi 2 and 3) and arc isn't working with my Yamaha Rxv475. On arc, i suspect the reason is that the tv is fed the hdmi signal from the avr using a hdmi splitter. But when i connect hdmi out from my avr directly, i don't get a picture at all. I am using a new blue rigger 8k cable. Its perplexing to note that the tv is displaying only 1080p 60 hz through the splitter after the cable upgrade. I suppose this is an after effect of the software "upgrade" performed my Mi technicians at my home to rectify the hdmi port issues. I have tested this with two new 8k cables now. If you can make peace with it, best to use it only as a dumb display. Software and QA are big letdowns for a great value for money product. The only bright spot has been rock solid customer service support from Mi throughout these episodes.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing. Which means that Yamaha AVR could be the possible cu
Any reason why you need Firestick 4K? Aren't all the apps available on the Mi TV?

I am thinking of getting one of the Soundbars (JBL 9.1, Samsung Q950A, or Sennheiser Ambio Soundbar). Is there any reason for an AV receiver still?

One concern I have is, how to stream HiRes Audio to the soundbar (either from NAS or AppleMusic/Tidal). Anyway this is for another discussion topic in the audio groups.
Mi interface is sluggish bit works . If you are OK with that , firestick is not required which is more fluid , gets updated regularly and I find it much more used to than patchwall

Soundbar Vs AVR : That's a whole discussion in itelself. If you have money and space to setup a HT ..go for it. Nothing beats a dedicated AVR + Speaker setup for that ultimate cinematic experience specially with a lot of Dolby content around. However if space is constraint and you just want to augment TV sound and clarity , soundbar should be as good

Firestick 4k is not required for my purpose. I already had one.

This looks like a half baked product from Xiaomi India. For those who can return the TV, I'd go ahead with that. It isn't worth your time and money. While the screen real estate is tempting, there is no point if the software is not implemented properly. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning. Stick to the more known names in the TV business instead. You won't get the same screen size but I'd make my peace with a better built and designed TV instead of this. Appears to be quite a number of compromises on this set.

The backward incompatibility of the TV or receiver or whatever else it is, should not be an excuse to upgrade other components in your chain. That is just wasted money. Considering whatever other TV you used in the past worked just fine, there sure seems to be some genuine flaws in the software implementation on this TV.

While things get resolved, I'd just use Optical or coaxial audio out. Should hopefully resolve some of the sync issues.
I got the update this evening.
Booting times are same.
There is no lag for me ( atleast as of now)
Don't know about anything else because I use TV speakers and TV usage is 1-2 hrs per week. ( Really not using TV because busy life now).
I don't use much features other than putting in hard drive and youtube and watching 4k so everything is fine for me. 1100 sustained nits brightness is great for me. Not interested in paying more for diminishing returns.

I got the update this evening.
Booting times are same.
There is no lag for me ( atleast as of now)
Don't know about anything else because I use TV speakers and TV usage is 1-2 hrs per week. ( Really not using TV because busy life now).
I don't use much features other than putting in hard drive and youtube and watching 4k so everything is fine for me. 1100 sustained nits brightness is great for me. Not interested in paying more for diminishing returns.

How are the updates getting rolled out ..is it basis the sale dates of tv

Not interested in paying more for diminishing returns.
I will ask you the same question in 3 years time. I see 50 pages of a discussion for a TV model that is <6 months since launch. That does say a lot!

We (myself included) have a tendency to jump at everything that is cheap. What we don't think of is longevity and a product that is developed well. The big names have engineers dedicated to just building and refining their TV design and software. All this tech eventually flows down to the rest of the product portfolio. Until Xiaomi India have a few years of building a TV like this, personally, I'd play it safe and stick to some of the known names. Heck I'd even buy a VU or a Hisense instead. They have global presence.

Your TV's will work. Just don't expect any form of long term software or hardware support.

What we don't think of is longevity and a product that is developed well. The big names have engineers dedicated to just building and refining their TV design and software. All this tech eventually flows down to the rest of the product portfolio.
That's what the big names want you to think. In reality, the tech doesn't flow down to the rest of the portfolio and stays in the flagship TVs only. The budget TVs from big brands suck badly and are basically e-waste. If you want big brands, go for their top models as that's where the good stuff is.

Xiaomi isn't making the panels here. All QLED panels from Samsung Visual Display, Sony, Hisense and Xiaomi are made by Samsung Display. Samsung's TV division DOES NOT make the panels, but just the chassis and part of the software. So does Xiaomi.

You're more likely to get the big brand's tech in the cheap products of other brands than their own product stack. This is true in phones as well with Xiaomi offering Samsung's 108 MP sensor in their 18k phone while Samsung themselves not offering it anywhere close to this price.

I will ask you the same question in 3 years time. I see 50 pages of a discussion for a TV model that is <6 months since launch. That does say a lot!

We (myself included) have a tendency to jump at everything that is cheap. What we don't think of is longevity and a product that is developed well. The big names have engineers dedicated to just building and refining their TV design and software. All this tech eventually flows down to the rest of the product portfolio. Until Xiaomi India have a few years of building a TV like this, personally, I'd play it safe and stick to some of the known names. Heck I'd even buy a VU or a Hisense instead. They have global presence.

Your TV's will work. Just don't expect any form of long term software or hardware support.
My Sony top model LED failed in 1.5 years so I am comfortable in buying Xiaomi. I can send you 100 pics if you want to verify my claim Either Xiaomi has done something to you which made you suddenly lose it. I don't jump on cheap things. I jumped because I cannot get 75 anywhere. I am 21 and I earn enough to explore and this is 2021 and I know that it's not only big 3 capable to making TV plus panel is made by TCL( and premium product ( this is their first in TV segment,) of Xiaomi has significantly higher quality than Sony/ Samsung ( google it about their 50k mobiles vs Samsung build quality) Btw you can ask me after 3 years. Even after 7 years ( my expectations).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back