Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Which AVR do you have?

I have Yamaha HTR 3067. It claims it can passthrough 4k, but in reality it doesn't support HDCP 2.2. So, the 4K video from firestick doesn't pass through.

Here is what I have done is working fine:

All HDMI ports on TV enabled to 2.1
4k FS connected to TV's HDMI3 (Display setting on FS: 4K forced, HDR set to Adaptive) - Excellent display performance
CEC enabled - All three points ticked on TV
eARC - not enabled
AVR connected to HDMI2 of TV
Audio on TV set to HDMI and passthrough
CEC also enabled on FS and also equipment management too (includes MI TV and Yamaha AVR)

What has been achieved:
- MI remote can control FS and volume control/power on/off on AVR
- FS remote an control FS and volume control/power on/off on AVR
- Alexa can turn on / off entire setup
- AVR playing surround sound - Dolby & Dolby Plus effectively
- Video resolution as per source as played on FS (HDR, HDR10+, Dolby Vision)

Happy to help you, as I too have wasted significant time to fix this.. You can search thread and see my past issues/pain.

Thanks. I tried doing all of the above step by step but still no success. Seems to be a problem of AVR not being able to decode audio signal from the fire stick via arc.

As of now I have set the audio output of the firestick to Dolby Digital ( neither works for DD+ nor PCM not best available sound option)

Still doesn't work at start...I have to cycle between input once to make the SVR recognise the audio signal.

Btw is ARC a software feature which can be enhanced / improved with future update

Thanks. I tried doing all of the above step by step but still no success. Seems to be a problem of AVR not being able to decode audio signal from the fire stick via arc.

As of now I have set the audio output of the firestick to Dolby Digital ( neither works for DD+ nor PCM not best available sound option)

Still doesn't work at start...I have to cycle between input once to make the SVR recognise the audio signal.

Btw is ARC a software feature which can be enhanced / improved with future update
Oh. Ok.

May be I missed asking this earlier. Did you enable ARC on AVR?

Current build is 1328? Correct.

Also, have they recently updated patchwall? I am seeing a different layout than before.
Yes, current build is 1328. Yes my patchwall is changed though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_205645.jpg
    IMG_20210624_205645.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I face this exact issue at times, if I am playing movies on Kodi on TV. However Kodi on FS works fine.

Quick update....changed all HDMI ports to 2.1 , ARC enabled on TV , FireStick and Yamaha AVR. On FS , changed audio setting to Dolby Digital. Seems to be working for the time being. More of a workaround as PCM signal is also showing as DD in AVR. No DD+ though when playing thru FS. Still at times have to cycle between inputs to work. Thankfully when using native TV interface , the AVR seems to be working fine and picking up the correct source audio.

Seems to be a combination of TV ARC and incompatible AVR not being able to decode audio codecs from the FS. I did Google and do see a couple of users facing similar issues. Looks to be more of a Yamaha issue with FS specially the older ones

Quick update....changed all HDMI ports to 2.1 , ARC enabled on TV , FireStick and Yamaha AVR. On FS , changed audio setting to Dolby Digital. Seems to be working for the time being. More of a workaround as PCM signal is also showing as DD in AVR. No DD+ though when playing thru FS. Still at times have to cycle between inputs to work. Thankfully when using native TV interface , the AVR seems to be working fine and picking up the correct source audio.

Seems to be a combination of TV ARC and incompatible AVR not being able to decode audio codecs from the FS. I did Google and do see a couple of users facing similar issues. Looks to be more of a Yamaha issue with FS specially the older ones
I agree that this is probably it. I have a Yamaha HTR-2067 which does ARC but not eARC, for a few days everything was working fine with DD+, but today again DD+ just stopped working and I just don't feel like doing the whole HDMI power cycle thing and reconnect the cables one by one to see if that fixes the issue. Sound is fine with Dolby Digital.

I agree that this is probably it. I have a Yamaha HTR-2067 which does ARC but not eARC, for a few days everything was working fine with DD+, but today again DD+ just stopped working and I just don't feel like doing the whole HDMI power cycle thing and reconnect the cables one by one to see if that fixes the issue. Sound is fine with Dolby Digital.
Did turn off eARC on TV? I have done that and is working fine. BTW, I have HTR 3067.

The issue clearly seems to be with the TV.

Not sure what HDMI cable version means ...usually the HDMI ports are labelled as 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1. Any HDMI high speed cable should be able to carry signal
Incorrect. A HDMI 1.4 cable cannot send a 4K video feed.

ARC on HDMI started only with version 1.4. If you are using a cable that is 1.3 or older, ARC won't work.

Just like you have HDMI versions 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1 for the receiver and TV, the HDMI cable you use should also support these standards. As an example, if your 4K Fire Stick is connected to the HDMI input of your AV receiver and the cable used to connect the AV receiver to the TV (via ARC) is HDMI 1.4, you won't get a 4K signal sent to the TV as HDMI 1.4 supports a maximum of 2K signals.

Buy a cheap Amazon Basics HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable and check.

What do you use the Fire Stick for, considering you have a Smart TV that can do everything?

For the purpose of investigating, ditch the Firestick. Check if you can get ARC to work with just Netflix or some streaming app playing on the TV and sending back audio to the avr reliably.

Incorrect. A HDMI 1.4 cable cannot send a 4K video feed.

ARC on HDMI started only with version 1.4. If you are using a cable that is 1.3 or older, ARC won't work.

Just like you have HDMI versions 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1 for the receiver and TV, the HDMI cable you use should also support these standards. As an example, if your 4K Fire Stick is connected to the HDMI input of your AV receiver and the cable used to connect the AV receiver to the TV (via ARC) is HDMI 1.4, you won't get a 4K signal sent to the TV as HDMI 1.4 supports a maximum of 2K signals.

Buy a cheap Amazon Basics HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable and check.

What do you use the Fire Stick for, considering you have a Smart TV that can do everything?

For the purpose of investigating, ditch the Firestick. Check if you can get ARC to work with just Netflix or some streaming app playing on the TV and sending back audio to the avr reliably.
I watch 4K using HDMI 1.4 only. I am pretty sure 4k@30hz works with 1.4.

I am pretty sure 4k@30hz works with 1.4.
What is the source? If its Netflix or Amazon Prime, the cable does not come in to the equation as its playing direct on the TV. Try UHD 4K. It won't work over HDMI 1.4.

We are trying to solve the problem of ARC here. With the TV being HDMI 2.1 and the receiver being something else or lower than HDMI 2.0, there is some hand shake issue going on causing the audio to stutter.

What is the source? If its Netflix or Amazon Prime, the cable does not come in to the equation as its playing direct on the TV. Try UHD 4K. It won't work over HDMI 1.4.

We are trying to solve the problem of ARC here. With the TV being HDMI 2.1 and the receiver being something else or lower than HDMI 2.0, there is some hand shake issue going on causing the audio to stutter.
No it's not playing directly from TV . I use Jio TV box for prime video and Netflix as TV used to lag. And 1.4 does support UHD, been using it for years.

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_041558.jpg
    IMG_20210625_041558.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 27

Just checked on the mi tv definition of hdmi 1.4. It says 1.4 does 4k@30

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_042112.jpg
    IMG_20210625_042112.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 37
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back