Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

So, 2 APC Back-UPS BX600C-IN are powering my setup. One for AVR+SUB, and other for TV. Now, one of the UPS is not able to take load of this TV.

That's why I was seeking input if anyone else is using any other UPS to power this TV.
Are you sure, UPS output esp waveform are resisted by the TV's these days? Esp as these tvs might be expecting sine wave ac at input?

You atleast need a 1KVA Ups to drive Tv/AVR/Sub combo.
I am planning to buy APC BX1100 in addition to 600VA. 1100 will power TV+wifi+router+other small stuff. And 600VA for AVR only.

Are there any other option to consider besides APC?

Are you sure, UPS output esp waveform are resisted by the TV's these days? Esp as these tvs might be expecting sine wave ac at input?

This is something new to me. I primarily need a power backup that works during the Generator switchover.

I am planning to buy APC BX1100 in addition to 600VA. 1100 will power TV+wifi+router+other small stuff. And 600VA for AVR only.

You could look at Cyberpower 1500va/900w and Microtek 1600va/960w, they both cost around 7k.

Go for a inline pure sinewave ups/inverter for best results. And multiply the calculated load by 1.5 to get a practical load. A expensive solution though.Also takes care of any additional load you incorporate down the road.
For my cx i am relying on the 3 year warranty. No special inverter , though its already connected to the socket which has the house's inverter supply. If the load is less the tv remains on and if too many points are on in the house , it switches off. Not ideal but i plan to transfer the supply to a non inverter point eventually. Not risking a square wave supply for the tv.

APC is pretty reliable, I had one from CyberPower and it died after an year. APC usually lasts for 2/3 years easily before you need to change the battery. Also, go through the specsheet and pick one with switchover time of 5 ms or less.

If you are going with an Online UPS, then you can consider APC along with Eaton.

APC is pretty reliable, I had one from CyberPower and it died after an year. APC usually lasts for 2/3 years easily before you need to change the battery. Also, go through the specsheet and pick one with switchover time of 5 ms or less.

If you are going with an Online UPS, then you can consider APC along with Eaton.

I was considering this one, but seems this has a switchover time of 10ms..

https://www.apc.com/shop/in/en/prod...out-auto-shutdown-software-India/P-BX1100C-IN

I am experiencing a lot of motion blur which is ruining the experience of watching Euro Cup live streaming on Sony Liv app. However there is hardly any issue of motion blur while watching on Sony Ten2 HD feed through my Airtel xstream box.

Is it to with the source or I need to make some changes for a better viewing experience of sports through streaming apps. Would like to hear if anybody has experienced similar issues

I am experiencing a lot of motion blur which is ruining the experience of watching Euro Cup live streaming on Sony Liv app. However there is hardly any issue of motion blur while watching on Sony Ten2 HD feed through my Airtel xstream box.

Is it to with the source or I need to make some changes for a better viewing experience of sports through streaming apps. Would like to hear if anybody has experienced similar issues
It's known issue with streaming live sports since they can't do a 60 frame like DTH causing motion blur. You can experience similar behavior with Hotstar with live Cricket. For live sports, DTH/Cable is the way to go.

^ Hotstar gives 24 fps in sports not even 60. Tata Sky HD is must if you need higher frame rate for football, cricket etc.
Thanks. Hope these OTT providers start providing their cricket/football streams at higher fps. Even Tata Sky/Airtel need to start providing 4k channels for special events like Euro and Cricket T20 World Cup.

I have a Firestick 4k and a good internet connection. Will install Kodi and check if a 4k stream is available for Euro to see how the experience is on this TV once I get it installed.

So I ordered this TV from Flipkart on 5th June and got it delivered on 9th June through Ekart Logistics. Unfortunately their system automatically generated an installation date of 16th June. I requested Flipkart and Jeeves support (Jeeves said to contact Flipkart support) for earlier installation but Flipkart phone and twitter support flatly refused (we can't do anything sir as we do not have any contact with jeeves. your tv will be installed by the date given). My earlier TV purchases from Amazon and Flipkart have been either same or next day. But this time Flipkart support have not been helpful at all for getting the installation done earlier than 16th.

I had also purchased extended warranty of 2 years during the purchase of the TV for Rs 7,999 and Jeeves is the service provider. But I cancelled the extended warranty on 12th June due to reading poor feedback of Jeeves https://www.mouthshut.com/websites/Jeeves-co-in-reviews-925769206 and also the experience of my pre installation of this TV with Flipkart and Jeeves support.

Right now just waiting for 16th and a phone call from a Jeeves technician who will install the TV.

A question for those who install a new TV in place of an existing TV.

For uninstallation of your existing TV (wall mounted), do you do it by self or ask the technician who comes to install the new TV to do it (by paying the charge) or use the service from something like Urban Clap?

I am worried if the Jeeves technician who will come to install will agree for uninstallation or I should get it uninstalled by using the service of Urban Clap.

So I ordered this TV from Flipkart on 5th June and got it delivered on 9th June through Ekart Logistics. Unfortunately their system automatically generated an installation date of 16th June. I requested Flipkart and Jeeves support (Jeeves said to contact Flipkart support) for earlier installation but Flipkart phone and twitter support flatly refused (we can't do anything sir as we do not have any contact with jeeves. your tv will be installed by the date given). My earlier TV purchases from Amazon and Flipkart have been either same or next day. But this time Flipkart support have not been helpful at all for getting the installation done earlier than 16th.

I had also purchased extended warranty of 2 years during the purchase of the TV for Rs 7,999 and Jeeves is the service provider. But I cancelled the extended warranty on 12th June due to reading poor feedback of Jeeves https://www.mouthshut.com/websites/Jeeves-co-in-reviews-925769206 and also the experience of my pre installation of this TV with Flipkart and Jeeves support.

Right now just waiting for 16th and a phone call from a Jeeves technician who will install the TV.
You can get it installed through MI. Raise a installation request on MI website and later cancel jeeves installation.

A question for those who install a new TV in place of an existing TV.

For uninstallation of your existing TV (wall mounted), do you do it by self or ask the technician who comes to install the new TV to do it (by paying the charge) or use the service from something like Urban Clap?

I am worried if the Jeeves technician who will come to install will agree for uninstallation or I should get it uninstalled by using the service of Urban Clap.
In my case the earlier TV was un-installed by jeeves without any charge.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back