Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Please read again, I never talked about motion handling. I talked about smoothing. A8G has great motion handling but without motion enchantment it's painful. You have to turn on film mode to remove judder and stutters.
They go hand in hand. Motion handling generally refers to the panels ability to refresh fast enough. A faster refreshing panel paired with the correct hardware processing will shine. Certain LG (some other brands too) panels have a 1ms refresh rate. For a TV like this, you don't need to correct or compensate. Motion enhancement (or smoothing) is a trick approach to making an image appear as if its moving free of judder or stutter, to make it look nice and smooth. Its the same as frame insertion and the TV being discussed on this forum does that. When we make cg movies, we add motion blur to fast moving objects in shots. We have the ability the dial the amount of motion blur we add. Its what gives you the sensation of speed or something moving fast. We don't want some useless trick software to come in and smoothen that even further. That will only distort the image. Which is why, on just about any TV, it needs to demonstrate the ability to handle motion (we don't want smoothing) with the panel and hardware itself. Not interpolate using software as depending on the technic and approach used, it can be okay and in many cases, artificial. The problem is, many people like this artificial smoothing. Our eyes get trained to this. There are only a handful of TV's I have seen that do this really well with software and its not all models. Plasma TV did this well by default. Lcd was mediocre to average. Led got a little better but as with any manufacturer, they reserve the best for the top of the line models. Same story with oled but it has other problems that are unrelated to what we are discussing.

The way you demonstrate the ability of a monitor or TV to handle motion is to first turn off every single image enhancement technic, see how good or bad it is and very gradually apply external methods to improve how the TV handles motion. Smoothing is the last thing you want to add.

I am not allowed to do that, unfortunately. We have contractual agreements with multiple studios and I don't know what all the fine print reads. I have shared some information, like the display equipment we use. That is as far as I can go. Creation of these films use mostly proprietary tools and software. We are just about opening them up to the world as SAAS (Software as a service). The Avatar sequel is coming out in 2022 or 2023. I can guarantee that it will be a reference UHD disc to own.

The price of the TV has been further increased by Rs 3K. The new price is Rs 1.28 Lacs and there is no card offer on mi site now. Flipkart has also removed most of the card offers on the TV.
Yeah.. the HDFC offer was supposed to be till 30th June.

No worries, there would be offers by other banks soon.

In any case, initial batch of buyers are like Guinea pigs on whom this half baked product is being tested.

Yeah.. the HDFC offer was supposed to be till 30th June.

No worries, there would be offers by other banks soon.

In any case, initial batch of buyers are like Guinea pigs on whom this half baked product is being tested.
True. The new ones will be better with improved software. A little update, my neighbour in my society also bought this TV which was delivered yesterday and somehow his panel is outputting 650-660 nits of peak brightness with same settings as mine but I get in 900-950. We have contacted Xiaomi about it, let's see what happens considering that they never claimed any brightness.

True. The new ones will be better with improved software. A little update, my neighbour in my society also bought this TV which was delivered yesterday and somehow his panel is outputting 650-660 nits of peak brightness with same settings as mine but I get in 900-950. We have contacted Xiaomi about it, let's see what happens considering that they never claimed any brightness.
What is the month of manufacturing?

Also, why are they not releasing the system update in one go or when demanded by the user? Strange

What is the month of manufacturing?

Also, why are they not releasing the system update in one go or when demanded by the user? Strange
Xiaomi never releases update for all devices at ones. This is the case for all their devices. Month of manufacturing for my friend's Tv is may 2021 while mine is March 2021.

Yes to all.

Primarily the issue is with TV's capability to handshake when DD+ is there.

For infrequent issue with ARC just toggle the AVR and it should handshake again.

What happens when you set TV to Auto is that only PCM is delivered to AVR, hence no issues. With pass through, content with DD+ has problem. I have checked this by playing several 4K media through native player and Kodi.

Issue is with DD+.

The TV has problem with ARC handshake. Most likely something to do with HDMI2 port. @shriharsha.p is also facing issue with HDMI2.

MI should have QCed and baked this properly before releasing.

BTW, still no firmware update. Hoping that may fix this problem and it's not some HW problem.

Tried swapping the HDMI cable with a high speed one today ....no joy still !

Any body else got the new build. Why is the new update getting pushed at different times. Not sure what purpose does it solve. I lodged a complaint again ( the previous complaint got closed as I couldn't pick up the phone when the support team called) today with Mi support stating that ARC is broken . Let's see what they come back with

Now its 1.28L!!
Sirji...its not the end of the world. Its just a TV! Shop around. At that sort of money, you have a dozen options up to the 65" range from some major brands. Evaluate the need for a 75" screen in your living room. It might just be too big. I had mentioned this on another thread. Once the lock down eases, wear you mask and walk into some showrooms and check out TV's in person. All options will be right in front of you to experience first hand. Besides; these dealers must be crying for customers so you might just land yourself a killer deal.

Tried swapping the HDMI cable with a high speed one today ....no joy still !

Any body else got the new build. Why is the new update getting pushed at different times. Not sure what purpose does it solve. I lodged a complaint again ( the previous complaint got closed as I couldn't pick up the phone when the support team called) today with Mi support stating that ARC is broken . Let's see what they come back with
Which cable you swapped to?

Sirji...its not the end of the world. Its just a TV! Shop around. At that sort of money, you have a dozen options up to the 65" range from some major brands. Evaluate the need for a 75" screen in your living room. It might just be too big. I had mentioned this on another thread. Once the lock down eases, wear you mask and walk into some showrooms and check out TV's in person. All options will be right in front of you to experience first hand. Besides; these dealers must be crying for customers so you might just land yourself a killer deal.
The main purpose of buying this TV is 75 inch as there is absolutely no option for 75. For 65 inch, I would seriously go an get LG OLED for 1.8-1.9 lakh. But 75 is different kind of fun too. Looks very immersive, and I don't think that anyone in the world complains that their TV is big after 1 week. There is a general rule accepted all over the world, Go as big as you can afford. For me Size ( but decent enough image quality >> Small but best image quality ( say 55 Sony OLED). What's your take? @lightgamer @Love4sound

Dealers simply raise hands saying production is yet to commence in full swing and no fresh lot has arrived in past 3-4 months. :mad:
I find that hard to believe, unless someone has first hand experience of going through this.

The point I am trying to make is to go and see the TV (or TV's) yourself. You don't need to buy or commit. At 1.3lacs, you have options. This is your money. You have control of it. Remember the days we used to walk from dealer to dealer to haggle? I found that pretty fun cause you get to see and experience a lot.

The main purpose of buying this TV is 75 inch.
Agreed.

Not everyone has the space or room to accommodate a 75" TV. Just because you get so much screen real estate does not mean it works for everyone. Some folks don't need a screen this big. I put the option out there for the FM. Its their money and their call to make on what they want. No harm done

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back