Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I find that hard to believe, unless someone has first hand experience of going through this.

Last week, I accompanied my cousin for wanting to buy 55 inch TV but the models he had chosen were not there, then we also looked at other models, but it did not satisfy. When asked about the other models of brands (in Croma, Vijai Sales) they said the above! Ditto for my needs of soundbar as I had that intention of going along.

Not everyone has the space or room to accommodate a 75" TV. Just because you get so much screen real estate does not mean it works for everyone. Some folks don't need a screen this big. I put the option out there for the FM. Its their money and their call to make on what they want. No harm done

On a lighter note, I read an article where children starting drawing on that huge TV using markers, crayons and what not. The author said, he did not visualize this problem earlier.

Can you switch to just Dolby Digital instead, if it solves your problem?
That one can on firestick. So that's working fine.

But on MI that option is not there, it's Auto, PCM or passthrough. MI should provide that option for sure. Moreover, there is some issue with MI's HDMI2. People have faced issue wherein the HDMI 2 port just konked off. Not sure if this can be resolved through software update.

At 1.3lacs, you have options. This is your money. You have control of it. Remember the days we used to walk from dealer to dealer to haggle? I found that pretty fun cause you get to see and experience a lot.
TBH, 1.3 is not that big amount of money to fret over, especially when I compare that I bought my first 32 inch LCD TV for 75k 15 years ago. That TV is still with me and running absolutely fine.

And to @vikrantxtrad point, yes main purpose of buying this TV is 75 inch TV. There are no winning option I see above 75inch as of now.

And 75inch TV translates to 9 to 11 feet of viewing distance which is a bit small for lounge, but ok.

Hope I get a decent resale value of this TV once I move to 100inch or above.

The main purpose of buying this TV is 75 inch as there is absolutely no option for 75. For 65 inch, I would seriously go an get LG OLED for 1.8-1.9 lakh. But 75 is different kind of fun too. Looks very immersive, and I don't think that anyone in the world complains that their TV is big after 1 week. There is a general rule accepted all over the world, Go as big as you can afford. For me Size ( but decent enough image quality >> Small but best image quality ( say 55 Sony OLED). What's your take? @lightgamer @Love4sound
Yeah for 4k size matters a lot and this TV for the price is a no brainer.

TBH, 1.3 is not that big amount of money to fret over, especially when I compare that I bought my first 32 inch LCD TV for 75k 15 years ago. That TV is still with me and running absolutely fine.

And to @vikrantxtrad point, yes main purpose of buying this TV is 75 inch TV. There are no winning option I see above 75inch as of now.

And 75inch TV translates to 9 to 11 feet of viewing distance which is a bit small for lounge, but ok.

Hope I get a decent resale value of this TV once I move to 100inch or above.
Most likely we will have affordable UST projectors in India in about 5 years. And a good projector is capable of looking something like Sony X800H ( i.e Direct LED)

That one can on firestick. So that's working fine.

But on MI that option is not there, it's Auto, PCM or passthrough. MI should provide that option for sure. Moreover, there is some issue with MI's HDMI2. People have faced issue wherein the HDMI 2 port just konked off. Not sure if this can be resolved through software update.
What is wrong with using Auto or pass though? You anyway don't want the TV to pollute the signal so its actually better that it does not decode anything internal to it. Different issue if the terminal has suffered some form of damage.

I am also confused what you use a Firestick for considering the TV can do everything the Fire Stick does.

On the subject of 4k, most streaming platforms upscale (not natively rendered at 4k. Most films are still shot in 2k and upscaled in post) so its not true UHD 4k. Sure your TV will tell you its 4K. If you want to evaluate true 4K and check what your TV is capable of, get a UHD disc spinner and some discs. Trust me, you won't regret it.

On the subject of money, maybe I am the paan waala and you folks wear all the gold chains. I most certainly don't think 130k is chump change, regardless of what you may have paid in the past for a TV or whatever device.

What is wrong with using Auto or pass though? You anyway don't want the TV to pollute the signal so its actually better that it does not decode anything internal to it. Different issue if the terminal has suffered some form of damage.

I am also confused what you use a Firestick for considering the TV can do everything the Fire Stick does.

On the subject of 4k, most streaming platforms upscale (not natively rendered at 4k. Most films are still shot in 2k and upscaled in post) so its not true UHD 4k. Sure your TV will tell you its 4K. If you want to evaluate true 4K and check what your TV is capable of, get a UHD disc spinner and some discs. Trust me, you won't regret it.

On the subject of money, maybe I am the paan waala and you folks wear all the gold chains. I most certainly don't think 130k is chump change, regardless of what you may have paid in the past for a TV or whatever device.
Yes 130k is big amount but the other 75 incher is Sony x950h and it costs 2.8 lakh. Yes, Netflix 4k is just 15mbps in bit rate that's why I download 4k blu ray remux which haves sizes around 40-50gb and they look amazing and have bit rate around 60mbps. Most movies aren't shot in HDR and its added artificially. We still have lot of potential left to see.

Attachments

• IMG_20210702_092111.jpg
    IMG_20210702_092111.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 19
I find that hard to believe, unless someone has first hand experience of going through this.

The point I am trying to make is to go and see the TV (or TV's) yourself. You don't need to buy or commit. At 1.3lacs, you have options. This is your money. You have control of it. Remember the days we used to walk from dealer to dealer to haggle? I found that pretty fun cause you get to see and experience a lot.
Kindly suggest me a 65inch FALD at 130k.

Kindly suggest me a 65inch FALD at 130k.
Start a new thread, please. Wrong place to be posting this. I recommend not falling for this FALD jargon. There are non fald TV's that can surpass the quality of fald. Depends on implementation. I am sure there are local dimming options from LG Nano series but lets not discuss that here. Also; don't just go by what I recommend. Go see the TV yourself.

So, you suggest that people should rather buy a TV worth more than 4 lakh, rather this TV for 1.2Lakh. Completely confused with your conflicting thought process and analogy.

Already, do scan through my earlier posts. Hope that helps

Again, you missed comprehending from earlier posts that native apps on this TV are having issues with ARC.

Sirji...its not the end of the world. Its just a TV! Shop around. At that sort of money, you have a dozen options up to the 65" range from some major brands. Evaluate the need for a 75" screen in your living room. It might just be too big. I had mentioned this on another thread. Once the lock down eases, wear you mask and walk into some showrooms and check out TV's in person. All options will be right in front of you to experience first hand. Besides; these dealers must be crying for customers so you might just land yourself a killer deal.
The point is not about we get a TV at that price or not, The point is why there is a increase in price every month or so? If it is chip shortage, wasn't it known to them when they priced it 60 days ago (This was known to industry 24 months ago)? if they have not figured that out already, I'm afraid what they might have missed in ASS.
If they have figured out and its a part of strategy of market penetration, they should know that gradual price increase every month might not gel well with customers as they will start thinking twice before getting into this.
And one thing. Since Mi has proven that there is a market for 75inch qled within 1.3L, there will be a lot of guys (TCL, Hisense, Vu, etc) would want a piece of that pie as well. and I'm sure there will be more options forthcoming from other players as well.
BTW, I still remember the times when 32 1080p samsung was sold for this price!

The point is not about we get a TV at that price or not, The point is why there is a increase in price every month or so? If it is chip shortage, wasn't it known to them when they priced it 60 days ago (This was known to industry 24 months ago)? if they have not figured that out already, I'm afraid what they might have missed in ASS.
If they have figured out and its a part of strategy of market penetration, they should know that gradual price increase every month might not gel well with customers as they will start thinking twice before getting into this.
And one thing. Since Mi has proven that there is a market for 75inch qled within 1.3L, there will be a lot of guys (TCL, Hisense, Vu, etc) would want a piece of that pie as well. and I'm sure there will be more options forthcoming from other players as well.
BTW, I still remember the times when 32 1080p samsung was sold for this price!
Yes 75 is the new 65 in the west, so pretty sure it's coming to India soon. Regarding Hisense and TCL, they avoided 75 again this year, plus they will get overpriced here due to significant logistics issues which Xiaomi India has solved through gaining market and manufacturing capacity. The recently TCL C825 is 160 zone mini led is 1.5 lakh for 65 inch, clearly overpriced here and just think of price of 75 inch. It will be arround 2.5 lakh so obviously they couldn't launch any 75s here.

Start a new thread, please. Wrong place to be posting this. I recommend not falling for this FALD jargon. There are non fald TV's that can surpass the quality of fald. Depends on implementation. I am sure there are local dimming options from LG Nano series but lets not discuss that here. Also; don't just go by what I recommend. Go see the TV
Start a new thread, please. Wrong place to be posting this. I recommend not falling for this FALD jargon. There are non fald TV's that can surpass the quality of fald. Depends on implementation. I am sure there are local dimming options from LG Nano series but lets not discuss that here. Also; don't just go by what I recommend. Go see the TV yourself.
Please suggest me a non FALD model surpass the quality of FALD.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back