Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Hi Folks,

I got the Mi 75" QLED installed on 1-Jun, and have been having a blast consuming content ever since. Have compared the panel and picture with a new VU 65" and a new Sony 65" x9000h and the picture quality on the 75" Mi is far better. And the brightness is insane, have to keep it turned way low when watching in the dark. The OS (I don't use the patchwall interface, just the standard Android TV skin) is working well, no lag or issues with the 5 apps I switch between - Netflix (4K content enabled), Prime, SonyLiv, Hotstar Disney and Youtube.

The biggest problem with the TV is the sound, while it's loud, it's quite hollow, meaningless and inadequate. Have a 160W Moto 2.1 sound bar, which I use on my other TV (8 year old Videocon 50"), and that instantly elevated the sound of the Mi 75". But now I'm thinking of buying a dedicated sound bar/ home theater with at least 5.1 to fully enjoy the Mi 75".

Did some looking up on Amazon, and am at the verge of buying the Sony HT-RT3 for my Mi 75". Main priority is a great movie/ TV show watching experience, and not blowing up my budget too much (can take it 30-35K). I tried looking for a full surround + Atmos setup - essentially 5.1.2 - but could not find anything in the 35K or lower range.

Please let me know if the Sony HT-RT3 is a good enough bet (cons: No Atmos), or is there something with full surround + Atmos available in sub 35K that I can explore!

Hi Folks,

I got the Mi 75" QLED installed on 1-Jun, and have been having a blast consuming content ever since. Have compared the panel and picture with a new VU 65" and a new Sony 65" x9000h and the picture quality on the 75" Mi is far better. And the brightness is insane, have to keep it turned way low when watching in the dark. The OS (I don't use the patchwall interface, just the standard Android TV skin) is working well, no lag or issues with the 5 apps I switch between - Netflix (4K content enabled), Prime, SonyLiv, Hotstar Disney and Youtube.

The biggest problem with the TV is the sound, while it's loud, it's quite hollow, meaningless and inadequate. Have a 160W Moto 2.1 sound bar, which I use on my other TV (8 year old Videocon 50"), and that instantly elevated the sound of the Mi 75". But now I'm thinking of buying a dedicated sound bar/ home theater with at least 5.1 to fully enjoy the Mi 75".

Did some looking up on Amazon, and am at the verge of buying the Sony HT-RT3 for my Mi 75". Main priority is a great movie/ TV show watching experience, and not blowing up my budget too much (can take it 30-35K). I tried looking for a full surround + Atmos setup - essentially 5.1.2 - but could not find anything in the 35K or lower range.

Please let me know if the Sony HT-RT3 is a good enough bet (cons: No Atmos), or is there something with full surround + Atmos available in sub 35K that I can explore!
Congratulations on your MI 75 TV purchase. Loom for other sound bars. This Sony HT- RF3 is very bad. Vocals sound very low. Go and audition in the Showroom directly of you can.

Hi Folks,

Even I find x900h panel's to be very bland. I didn't liked HT-RT3 myself. It felt low grade 5.1. I would advice you to start visiting stores/ audio related threads.

Congratulations on your MI 75 TV purchase. Loom for other sound bars. This Sony HT- RF3 is very bad. Vocals sound very low. Go and audition in the Showroom directly of you can.
Any other sound bar in that range you can recommend? All the reviews of the HT-RT3 seem to rave about the product, and I've listened to it in the store and found it quite good. Looking for 5.1 setup, not a 2.1 sound bar.

Even I find x900h panel's to be very bland. I didn't liked HT-RT3 myself. It felt low grade 5.1. I would advice you to start visiting stores/ audio related threads.
When I searched here for Sony HT-RT3, surprisingly no threads showed up. Please let me know which would be the right groups here to visit for a 5.1 sound bar setup.

When I searched here for Sony HT-RT3, surprisingly no threads showed up. Please let me know which would be the right groups here to visit for a 5.1 sound bar setup.
You can just start a thread with your requirement and budget. Many use sound bars with their Tv and you can connect with them to get an idea on how they perform. Samsung has good feedback with their 5.1 soundbar system

Last edited:
i checked with multiple videos .....the line remains and is more visible when there is something bright getting displayed on the panel

Have already put a complaint to Mi

Update since yesterday : Mi service engineer came and acknowledged the problem. Said it might have been present from Day 1 and might not have got noticed earlier. Also in process of scanning the entire screen , another dead pixel issue was noticed . I got a call from Mi stating that they would run a RGB pattern test , take videos highlighting the issue and escalate. I have clearly mentioned that i wont accept a repair given that its only a month from the purchase and i need a replacement .

I would suggest all owners of this TV to thoroughly scan the TV once for any issues as mine. Enclosing a few pics for reference. Extremely difficult to figure out in day to day usage

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot 2021-07-05 150045_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2021-07-05 150045_LI.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 41
  • InkedScreenshot 2021-07-05 150102_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2021-07-05 150102_LI.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have RT3 at my cousin's place and it is very capable speaker system for casual listening. Other option maybe be Yamaha YHt 1840.

I have the Sony HTRT3. It is good but is a good HTIB and can only do so well. For a real good free standing non-"in a box" home theater system you will need AVR + subwoofer + centre channel + left right and rear speakers and can be bought over a period of time, amounting to atleast 2 lakhs. But then it could be an overkill as your neighbours might object those resonenses caused by the treble and base of a genuine home theater system. So you might have to worry about proper accoustics and dense wiring and so on and so forth. So you will be settling for a sub-20k HTIB entering into the pragmatic keep it short and simple decision making loop. My HTRT3 runs on an optical toslink cable and gives me more than satisfactory experience powering my LG CX 65. But that's for me. To each his own.

Update since yesterday : Mi service engineer came and acknowledged the problem. Said it might have been present from Day 1 and might not have got noticed earlier. Also in process of scanning the entire screen , another dead pixel issue was noticed . I got a call from Mi stating that they would run a RGB pattern test , take videos highlighting the issue and escalate. I have clearly mentioned that i wont accept a repair given that its only a month from the purchase and i need a replacement .

I would suggest all owners of this TV to thoroughly scan the TV once for any issues as mine. Enclosing a few pics for reference. Extremely difficult to figure out in day to day usage
They will give you replacement, just keep insisting.

Sad to hear this situation, however, its good that this has been detected so early. While you are addressing this issue, what did the engineer commented upon the HDMI ARC issue?

I have the Sony HTRT3. It is good but is a good HTIB and can only do so well. For a real good free standing non-"in a box" home theater system you will need AVR + subwoofer + centre channel + left right and rear speakers and can be bought over a period of time, amounting to atleast 2 lakhs. But then it could be an overkill as your neighbours might object those resonenses caused by the treble and base of a genuine home theater system. So you might have to worry about proper accoustics and dense wiring and so on and so forth. So you will be settling for a sub-20k HTIB entering into the pragmatic keep it short and simple decision making loop. My HTRT3 runs on an optical toslink cable and gives me more than satisfactory experience powering my LG CX 65. But that's for me. To each his own.
Thanks - this is my thought too, I'm OK with a HTIB as I don't want to spend 1-2L on a more "pure" experience. Sounds like for HTIB, the RT3 is good enough - perfect, helps me to blow up the 20K.

Thanks - this is my thought too, I'm OK with a HTIB as I don't want to spend 1-2L on a more "pure" experience. Sounds like for HTIB, the RT3 is good enough - perfect, helps me to blow up the 20K.
There is cheaper HtRS20 or something for 14k with 400 watts and has a few limitations as compared to RT3. This is worth the extra 5k though.(As this has a clearvoice selection that gives a bit of a punch during gaming.)

Sad to hear this situation, however, its good that this has been detected so early. While you are addressing this issue, what did the engineer commented upon the HDMI ARC issue?

the mi guys dont have any idea of how this works. They had brought the new firmware with them on a pen drive . They tried to update the firmware manually but that didnot work . When asked whether this will solve the ARC issue , they said they are not sure. But this is what they have been advised to do first post which they will decide on next steps . Meanwhile this display issue came up and I told them to resolve the display issue first and look at ARC later

There is cheaper HtRS20 or something for 14k with 400 watts and has a few limitations as compared to RT3. This is worth the extra 5k though.(As this has a clearvoice selection that gives a bit of a punch during gaming.)
Finally bought the HT-RT3, working well. Went to the Croma near by, got it for 1000 less than Amazon/ FK pricing (Paid 19K, while Amazon/FK was 20K). This is a 5.1 channel 600W setup with multiple connectivity options.

Will continue my movie watching tonight of the LOTR series with 5.1 experience tonight - away from the 2.1 Moto sound bar and further away from the built in sound of the MiTV. Just connected the HDMI eARC port of the MiTV to the HDMI ARC port of the HT-RT3 and it worked instantly.

Last edited:
Finally bought the HT-RT3, working well. Went to the Croma near by, got it for 1000 less than Amazon/ FK pricing.

Will continue my movie watching tonight of the LOTR series with 5.1 experience tonight - away from the 2.1 Moto sound bar and further away from the built in sound of the MiTV. Just connected the HDMI eARC port of the MiTV to the HDMI ARC port of the HT-RT3 and it worked instantly.
price ?rear speakers wire length ?

Updated my post for price. Rear speakers wire length is 30 feet (checked online, did not measure), I have a fairly big room and there was still buffer even after taking it along the walls to the rear of my bed.
any idea on lg sl8yg offline market price

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back