Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Even FALD does switch off zones when there is nothing in the whole zone. Both do the exact same thing, just on different scales. Even LG calls their OLED as 'pixel dimming' but it can switch them off.

Yes, but each pixel is a zone and essentially it's the same thing. Just OLED can do it on a per-pixel level due to them being emissive. It's still a FALD, not a FALD LCD though.

Dual-layer TVs are coming from Hisense this year. Not sure if they'll launch in India after the govt. gave them the finger last year by import bans, but they're definitely coming.

It will be expensive though. The dual-layer nature of LCD requires a stronger backlight and obviously, you have 2 LCD layers instead of 1, so there's extra cost there too. That's why only used in professional reference monitors till now.

Also, it might be bad for gaming as 2 displays are synced up, so there will be a latency hit.
is Samsung frame eled,dual display better than sony x900h fald ?

Finally bought the HT-RT3, working well. Went to the Croma near by, got it for 1000 less than Amazon/ FK pricing (Paid 19K, while Amazon/FK was 20K). This is a 5.1 channel 600W setup with multiple connectivity options.

Will continue my movie watching tonight of the LOTR series with 5.1 experience tonight - away from the 2.1 Moto sound bar and further away from the built in sound of the MiTV. Just connected the HDMI eARC port of the MiTV to the HDMI ARC port of the HT-RT3 and it worked instantly.
Is the voice quality through the rt3 clear(er) while watching cable or ott ? I have zeroed on the same model but my main requirement is voice clarity. Lg has too much bass in all modes. Even my cheapo Philips bluetooth speaker -12 w- does a much better job than the tv. Keep us all posted.
Also on price tracker the same model was going for 16k a few months back ?

Well, DV licensing fee is less than few $ so it's nothing related to money but a strategic decision to push their Proprietary HDR10+ algorithm.
Hdr10+ is dead years ago. HDR10+ is open source and isn't actually free. Samsung does take some money.
Plus Dolby Vision does seem to look substantially better to me.

Is the voice quality through the rt3 clear(er) while watching cable or ott ? I have zeroed on the same model but my main requirement is voice clarity. Lg has too much bass in all modes. Even my cheapo Philips bluetooth speaker -12 w- does a much better job than the tv. Keep us all posted.
It's Sony, Voice will be clear 100%. Don't wait for price drop, every electronics are getting hikes.

Mi 75" or LG CX or Sony 8000/9000H or Samsung Frame or whatever the TV is, this Sony HTRT3 is much better than the TV's sounds or a 2.1 stereo soundbar with subwoofer. You will see the difference when you play a helicoptor running clips or when bullets are fired. But a true upgrade to a real home theater will eventually occur in your mind over a few years. Sony's IV300 for 24k is a bit shrieking to my comfort but if Mi TV has the capability, IV300 has dts passthrough which RT3 does not.

Mi 75" or LG CX or Sony 8000/9000H or Samsung Frame or whatever the TV is, this Sony HTRT3 is much better than the TV's sounds or a 2.1 stereo soundbar with subwoofer. You will see the difference when you play a helicoptor running clips or when bullets are fired. But a true upgrade to a real home theater will eventually occur in your mind over a few years. Sony's IV300 for 24k is a bit shrieking to my comfort but if Mi TV has the capability, IV300 has dts passthrough which RT3 does not.
is sony htrt3 better than other soundbar with upfiring speakers?

Sad to hear this situation, however, its good that this has been detected so early. While you are addressing this issue, what did the engineer commented upon the HDMI ARC issue?
Please insist on replacement and nothing less. My 3rd tv too has one hdmi port that's conked out, and it is the eARC port to which my avr hdmi out was attached through a splitter. I have checked all power connections for power surges, changed all cables to 8k ones and have now sent avr and splitter to Yamaha service to check for any power issues that are causing the hdmi ports to malfunction. This will take time as service centers have just opened up after lockdown. Mi has offered a full refund as replacing another tv (will be the 4th one) is untenable for them. I have said this is not an optimal solution for me as i don't have a competing tv at this price point and will support them for a technical resolution, if offered in a reasonable timeframe. My choices are:
1. Take the refund and go back to old tv that's now doing bedroom duty
2. Press Mi for a resolution (software or hardware/hdmi boards swap). They have asked time till Friday. Hopefully, i should have feedback on my avr and splitter early next week
3. Buy a 65 inch like the One plus u1s and save some dough
Never thought i would have so many issues with my HT setup. Things worked like a charm for 7 years.

Please insist on replacement and nothing less. My 3rd tv too has one hdmi port that's conked out, and it is the eARC port to which my avr hdmi out was attached through a splitter. I have checked all power connections for power surges, changed all cables to 8k ones and have now sent avr and splitter to Yamaha service to check for any power issues that are causing the hdmi ports to malfunction. This will take time as service centers have just opened up after lockdown. Mi has offered a full refund as replacing another tv (will be the 4th one) is untenable for them. I have said this is not an optimal solution for me as i don't have a competing tv at this price point and will support them for a technical resolution, if offered in a reasonable timeframe. My choices are:
1. Take the refund and go back to old tv that's now doing bedroom duty
2. Press Mi for a resolution (software or hardware/hdmi boards swap). They have asked time till Friday. Hopefully, i should have feedback on my avr and splitter early next week
3. Buy a 65 inch like the One plus u1s and save some dough
Never thought i would have so many issues with my HT setup. Things worked like a charm for 7 years.
What splitter are you using?

What splitter are you using?
I am using an Orei 4k 60 Hz 1X2 splitter that i picked up in the US. This one is probably having the most positive reviews in amazon.com.

I don't understand how this is a smart move. From one relatively unknown player of TV's to another, just to save some money!

I feel none of us are thinking this through. For the kind of money you put down on any entertainment device, in this case a TV, you'd be much better of buying one from one the top 3 TV manufacturers instead of being the guinea pig to these new names. Allows a product to sit in the market for a while before spending so much. Let them iron out all the glitches instead of you being at the receiving end. At the end of the day, the down time, unreliability of a product is you pulling your hair out and dealing with incompetent after sales.
Maybe, maybe not as i was looking at a competingl player with the nearest size equivalent. A 75 inch Tv from the big 3 is out of my budget and i probably have to settle for a 65 inches for the same money.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back