Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Can you please explain this? In 3 TVs for me, the hdmi port of the tv to which my avr hdmi out was attached have become dysfunctional. All power connections have been thoroughly checked. All hdmi cables have been updated. That leaves my avr itself and splitter, both of which are under service to rule out any issues. The same splitter feeds into my projector which should have had hdmi issues in case the splitter was the culprit, since a projector I assume is a more sensitive pence of equipment. I am a bit flummoxed here on the hdmi issues. Interestingly, direct hdmi out from avr to the mi tv doesn't work whereas i get a display if routed through the splitter. Makes it even more confusing. Maybe best to take the full refund offered by Xiaomi. I echo the sentiments above on their customer service though - its been stellar. This is a significant part of a big ticket purchase.
Yes take the refund. I would have taken too. I don't even know what what an AVR is so can't comment on it. I have used ps5 once and jio stb box on hdmi that's it.

Anyways if anyone interested, this is A8g vs a80j. Sony has improved itself quite a lot. @Love4sound
That's great improvement. OLED are known to have blue tint making high APL images to not look as vibrant. The A80j looks a lot warmer and producing better skin tones. If Sony is able to address bluish color tones issue, then it takes away another reason to get QLED.

That's great improvement. OLED are known to have blue tint making high APL images to not look as vibrant. The A80j looks a lot warmer and producing better skin tones. If Sony is able to address bluish color tones issue, then it takes away another reason to get QLED.
Newer OLEDs definitely looks much superior to QLEDs.

** Moderator Note **

Reopening this thread but will keep a close watch on the exchanges.
Please keep the forum rules in mind and maintain a cordial tone with all forum members at all times.

This thread has some great info on the Mi TV Q1 75" - let's keep things on track.
Some members had thrown caution to the wind and were indulging in brazen personal attacks and were being reported requiring mods' intervention multiple times. So I had locked it to prevent it snowballing through the night. After all, time soothes the frayed nerves. Thought of putting up a note later today but am glad that you've done the needful already.

Update since yesterday : Mi service engineer came and acknowledged the problem. Said it might have been present from Day 1 and might not have got noticed earlier. Also in process of scanning the entire screen , another dead pixel issue was noticed . I got a call from Mi stating that they would run a RGB pattern test , take videos highlighting the issue and escalate. I have clearly mentioned that i wont accept a repair given that its only a month from the purchase and i need a replacement .

I would suggest all owners of this TV to thoroughly scan the TV once for any issues as mine. Enclosing a few pics for reference. Extremely difficult to figure out in day to day usage

Update : Mi technical head visited once again to run a couple of test and confirm that there is a display issue with the panel. Late evening they called and said that a replacement has been approved and will be dispatched within a day or two.

They also did a manual firmware update with the latest software. However the ARC issue still remains. Mi team have collected logs of the entire process (ARC lost when audio changes to DD) . They will be sending this to the backend team .

Meanwhile they said they will also bring a 55 inch Mi TV at the time of replacement just to check if Yamaha AVR has some compatibility issues with this TV.

One of the guys confirmed that ARC is working fine with soundbar from Samsung for a recently installed TV in Mumbai.

Since I was more concerned on the display issue , didnot get much time to check on any improvements that might have happened with this new software update. The UI seems to be slightly more fluid though while navigating through the patchwall

Update : Mi technical head visited once again to run a couple of test and confirm that there is a display issue with the panel. Late evening they called and said that a replacement has been approved and will be dispatched within a day or two.

They also did a manual firmware update with the latest software. However the ARC issue still remains. Mi team have collected logs of the entire process (ARC lost when audio changes to DD) . They will be sending this to the backend team .

Meanwhile they said they will also bring a 55 inch Mi TV at the time of replacement just to check if Yamaha AVR has some compatibility issues with this TV.

One of the guys confirmed that ARC is working fine with soundbar from Samsung for a recently installed TV in Mumbai.

Since I was more concerned on the display issue , didnot get much time to check on any improvements that might have happened with this new software update. The UI seems to be slightly more fluid though while navigating through the patchwall

In fact, the issue seems to be beyond ARC. I tested with SPDIF. When passthrough is selected the sound is muffled and can barely hear anything. On selecting Dolby Digital on TV, the sound is there but there is no surround sound.

My suggestion, don't check with their 55inch TV as underlying H/W architecture and software would be same.

In fact, the issue seems to be beyond ARC. I tested with SPDIF. When passthrough is selected the sound is muffled and can barely hear anything. On selecting Dolby Digital on TV, the sound is there but there is no surround sound.

My suggestion, don't check with their 55inch TV as underlying H/W architecture and software would be same.

Requesting if any of the owners of this TV can chip in with their experience of using the ARC function of the TV with either soundbar or amp

Another thread with similar problem

Requesting if any of the owners of this TV can chip in with their experience of using the ARC function of the TV with either soundbar or amp

I bought the Sony HT-RT3 5.1 sound bar and using it with ARC. Yesterday the Sony technician came in for the demo, and recommended I use the optical out instead of ARC (not sure why). I need to buy an optical cable to try this out, but will miss the single remote function I get with ARC.

When playing Spotify on my Mi Q1 75 and the audio goes to the Sony sound bar, the music quality is incredible. Movies are a good experience too via ARC.

I bought the Sony HT-RT3 5.1 sound bar and using it with ARC. Yesterday the Sony technician came in for the demo, and recommended I use the optical out instead of ARC (not sure why). I need to buy an optical cable to try this out, but will miss the single remote function I get with ARC.

When playing Spotify on my Mi Q1 75 and the audio goes to the Sony sound bar, the music quality is incredible. Movies are a good experience too via ARC.
I also use optical and bearing the remote controller issue (the RT3 remote is sleek and good and I have no issues using that to control volume and to switching on during idle standby dormancy periods) there is no quality loss in sound output. ARC is better for Atmos sound bars and Sony iv300 dts HTIB. Wrt HTRT3 toslink will do.

Seems to be exact issue and problem.

sound stops when I pause any video and play again, or when I change to a different video/channel.

Glad that ARC works well for you. No point going optical when ARC is working for the simple reason of convenience and control. Once cable and one remote does it all

How many of the existing owners are using optical out /SPDIF from TV to AVR or any other sound device? What are your SPDIF settings on TV : Pass-Through or Dolby Digital? Are you getting proper sound through passthrough?

I am using eARC with my Marantz6012. Once I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable, never had any issue. Getting DD/DD+ (ATMOS when available on Netflix/Prime). I did tests with following:
1. Netflix/Prime content playing on the TV App : working
2. Netflix/Prime content playing Firestick 4K (directly connected on the TV) : working without any issue

not sure if this issue is impacting ARC but not eARC

However, now I am NOT using TV for streaming becuase I got ShieldTV 2019 with dolby vision.

I have noticed very less stuttering in wide panning shot on Jio TV box as compared to the TV software. Does Jio Box also control motion?

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_161153.jpg
    IMG_20210709_161153.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 51

FYI there is no difference between quality of Optical and HDMI for normal 5.1 sound tracks like DD5.1 and DTS 5.1. its only when u go Hi Res Audio that HDMI matters. DTS HD Master audio and Dolby true hd, Dolby atmos, DTS X all of them need higher bandwidth . An Optical cable cannot handle that transfer. So HDMi becomes a must then

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back