Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I'm having a different sort of issue with ARC. So my Soundbar [HT-RT40] doesn't automatically turn on when I switch on the TV. This is an intermittent issue. Sometimes it powers on after a 10 sec delay, sometimes it doesn't power on and I have to manually power it on. Has anyone else had this issue? Any potential workarounds?

I'm having a different sort of issue with ARC. So my Soundbar [HT-RT40] doesn't automatically turn on when I switch on the TV. This is an intermittent issue. Sometimes it powers on after a 10 sec delay, sometimes it doesn't power on and I have to manually power it on. Has anyone else had this issue? Any potential workarounds?
There could be an option saying turn on ARC when TV is turned on. Just look for that. My 0.02$

Have had this issue at times ...with my av receiver. Very rare but does happen. Usually these is a slight delay between the TV and Reciever before ARC kicks in

So, one guy came from MI, and made video of the entire problem. Following issue have been highlighted and submitted:

1) HDMI ARC Play/pause and no sound for DD+. While playing 4k Dolby Digital plus content on native apps (Netflix, Prime) the sound doesn't come. Have to toggle the input to get the sound. Moment you pause the content, sound drops and AVR shows decoder off. However, same app and content while being played on Firestick doesn't show any problem.

2) No or muffled sound through SPDIF. With digital passthrough selected, and while playing 4k Dolby Digital plus content on native apps (Netflix, Prime) there is extremely muffled sound that one can barely hear. Moment this is toggled to Dolby Digital on TV, the sounds come, however in certain case there is no surround sound at all.

Let's see what is MI response to this situation. So, far I am not very impressed with their response and customer service. Also, not sure how they plan to fix this problem? HW replacement or some kind of software update? :confused:

Moreover, after speaking to a few friends, and reading multiple posts what I have understood so far is that this issue is primarily with ARC devices. In most of the cases eARC devices work fine. And this issue is present in other MI TV models as well.

So, one guy came from MI, and made video of the entire problem. Following issue have been highlighted and submitted:

1) HDMI ARC Play/pause and no sound for DD+. While playing 4k Dolby Digital plus content on native apps (Netflix, Prime) the sound doesn't come. Have to toggle the input to get the sound. Moment you pause the content, sound drops and AVR shows decoder off. However, same app and content while being played on Firestick doesn't show any problem.

2) No or muffled sound through SPDIF. With digital passthrough selected, and while playing 4k Dolby Digital plus content on native apps (Netflix, Prime) there is extremely muffled sound that one can barely hear. Moment this is toggled to Dolby Digital on TV, the sounds come, however in certain case there is no surround sound at all.

Let's see what is MI response to this situation. So, far I am not very impressed with their response and customer service. Also, not sure how they plan to fix this problem? HW replacement or some kind of software update? :confused:

Moreover, after speaking to a few friends, and reading multiple posts what I have understood so far is that this issue is primarily with ARC devices. In most of the cases eARC devices work fine. And this issue is present in other MI TV models as well.

Pretty much similar to what Mi guys did in my case. Keep us posted for any resolution that comes your way.

But for me , have started getting used to ....I don't expect much coming in from Mi (would be glad to be proved wrong otherwise). That said , not planning for any replacement or refund due to this ARC issue. There's no alternative and after this huge 75 inch , just cant go back to 65 or 55 inches. !

I am trying to arrange for a new age av receiver just to check if things work ...if yes..might as well plan to upgrade the avr

Hmmm.. that's a nice excuse to upgrade or update the receiver :D

Other thought.. may return this and explore 85" VU TV

:) Have been planning to let go the AVR and speakers for sometime now ..not because i want to upgrade but am also contemplating of going with a good sound bar. Space is a a constraint and i donot have even the surround speakers for a 5.1 experience.

Vu 85 should be good...but double check on the ARC thing. Seems to be extremely fiddly not just with Mi but with established brands as well . I had to receive a lot of flak for this huge tv from my better half ...guess if i propose a 85 inch , the tv would stay inside and I would have to stay out

Last edited:
:) Have been planning to let go the AVR and speakers for sometime now ..not because i want to upgrade but am also contemplating of going with a good sound bar. Space is a a constraint and i donot have even the surround speakers for a 5.1 experience.

Vu 85 should be good...but double check on the ARC thing. Seems to be extremely fiddly not just with Mi but with established brands as well . I had to receive a lot of flak for this huge tv from my better half ...guess if i propose a 85 inch , the tv would stay inside and I would have to stay out
Last year atmos soundbars esp from samsung are available on corporate sale at good prices. Q900t or something has the best discnt yet near 50-60k, lower 3.1.2 etc are there too although I'm not sure how well the channels separation works

Last year atmos soundbars esp from samsung are available on corporate sale at good prices. Q900t or something has the best discnt yet near 50-60k, lower 3.1.2 etc are there too although I'm not sure how well the channels separation works
lg sl8yg available at 30k online,one YouTuber said he got at 20k offline market

You should go to settings - device preference - inputs - disable HDMI control.. Then go to HDMI mode and select HDMI 2.1.....any one try this and update if it works for hdmi 2.1 ARC/eARC issue for dolby atmos for AVR.... Both formats DD+ and true HD Lossless audio

Was able to
see the new TCL C825 55' version. It is said to be mini led but you will be disappointed. I saw lot of blooming. @Love4sound

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_022117.jpg
    IMG_20210712_022117.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210712_022039.jpg
    IMG_20210712_022039.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 52
You should go to settings - device preference - inputs - disable HDMI control.. Then go to HDMI mode and select HDMI 2.1.....any one try this and update if it works for hdmi 2.1 ARC/eARC issue for dolby atmos for AVR.... Both formats DD+ and true HD Lossless audio
This has already been tried and done. Please see earlier posts.

This helps in getting HDR content through HDMI.

However, sound drop issue remains.

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum and signed up today for my confusion.
I currently use a VU HDR 50 inch TV in my bedroom, which is around 12 ft wide and 11 ft long. I am looking to purchase a new TV, preferably a 75inch QLED TV, and my usage is 90% OTT content 10% local content from my hard drive [Mostly remux and HQ 4K movies]. Right now, I am too confused between TCL C728 and MI QLED 75, which is currently not available on Flipkart, and the MI Store right now doesn't have any discount offers which was present earlier. I will also purchase a good soundbar with the TV. SO kindly suggest me a good option for my need along with a soundbar. Also, I'll wall mount the TV and will watch it lying on the bed.

I currently use a VU HDR 50 inch TV in my bedroom, which is around 12 ft wide and 11 ft long. I am looking to purchase a new TV, preferably a 75inch QLED TV, and my usage is 90% OTT content 10% local content from my hard drive [Mostly remux and HQ 4K movies]. Right now, I am too confused between TCL C728 and MI QLED 75, which is currently not available on Flipkart, and the MI Store right now doesn't have any discount offers which was present earlier. I will also purchase a good soundbar with the TV. SO kindly suggest me a good option for my need along with a soundbar. Also, I'll wall mount the TV and will watch it lying on the bed.
ME too in a similar situation. My mind is fixed
I can only go for a 75 Inch TV. When the TV was in stock I had a Financial issue and when I arranged it it's been out of stock everywhere. Thought atleast to go for newly launched TCL 75C728. Looked in 3 most popular brands but the decent one costs more than 2.5 lakh which is almost double. Help/advice needed.

TCL c728 is not even a FALD, it's a direct led. Go for Sony X90J 65 for good picture quality/ peace of mind.
If it's out of budget, go for any good FALD tv/ OLED.

TCL c728 is not even a FALD, it's a direct led. Go for Sony X90J 65 for good picture quality/ peace of mind.
If it's out of budget, go for any good FALD tv/ OLED.
TCL is FALD but doesn't have Local Dimming.Its mentioned in their Website. It's quite confusing. Unfortunately even this model isn't available online or in offline stores.

ME too in a similar situation. My mind is fixed
I can only go for a 75 Inch TV. When the TV was in stock I had a Financial issue and when I arranged it it's been out of stock everywhere. Thought atleast to go for newly launched TCL 75C728. Looked in 3 most popular brands but the decent one costs more than 2.5 lakh which is almost double. Help/advice needed.

Wait for few days...the tv should be available in stock along with all offers and discounts. Also escalate this issue via their chat. They usually can check stock availability with local dealers and will give you a F Code which you can use to purchase even when site shows out of stock.

As rightly pointed out , you donot have much option in the 65 inch category and beyond. Either the prices are way out of reach or you get a tv with below par display

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back