Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Is the voice quality through the rt3 clear(er) while watching cable or ott ? I have zeroed on the same model but my main requirement is voice clarity. Lg has too much bass in all modes. Even my cheapo Philips bluetooth speaker -12 w- does a much better job than the tv. Keep us all posted.
Also on price tracker the same model was going for 16k a few months back ?
Moved this conversation to https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...0k-budget-mainly-for-movie-tv-watching.85303/

https://www.mi.com/in/mi-qled-tv-75/specsThe so called Atmos soundbars with upfiring speakers are hugely expensive. I heard that Zebronics has one for 17k.

Does Mi TV have Dolby Atmos support?
It does have Atmos pass through via eARC using a proper high speed HDMI cable.

1625632110490.png

Please insist on replacement and nothing less. My 3rd tv too has one hdmi port that's conked out, and it is the eARC port to which my avr hdmi out was attached through a splitter. I have checked all power connections for power surges, changed all cables to 8k ones and have now sent avr and splitter to Yamaha service to check for any power issues that are causing the hdmi ports to malfunction. This will take time as service centers have just opened up after lockdown. Mi has offered a full refund as replacing another tv (will be the 4th one) is untenable for them. I have said this is not an optimal solution for me as i don't have a competing tv at this price point and will support them for a technical resolution, if offered in a reasonable timeframe. My choices are:
1. Take the refund and go back to old tv that's now doing bedroom duty
2. Press Mi for a resolution (software or hardware/hdmi boards swap). They have asked time till Friday. Hopefully, i should have feedback on my avr and splitter early next week
3. Buy a 65 inch like the One plus u1s and save some dough
Never thought i would have so many issues with my HT setup. Things worked like a charm for 7 years.
I have been following all the posts as I wanted to decide on buying this 75 inch TV. I am now confused seeing that many are facing problems with the TV especially with audio handshake with AVR's. Probably I would like to wait and see if Mi will resolve all the problem with this TV but seems like the price may further go up. However one thing I like with Mi is their service as it seems they are ready to replace the TV immediately if any fault is found even if it is 3 or 4 times unlike TCL. Push Mi to replace the TV for one more time, maybe things might get resolved with the new TV. Since it is a new TV do not go for swapping the HDMI board as it might sometime lead to audio muting when using it with AVR.

I would suggest for the upcoming refresh that's imminent! the only component which is the bottleneck is the processor and board.
You might be aware that this tv cannot do full hdmi2.1 spec due to the processor (Not sure about VRR).
Once the process matures or mediatek or others come up with cheaper processor which can handle them, MI will revise the model with a new motherboard. That should help in solving the related issues as well.
Will the refresh happen? Certainly. When it will happen? depends on lots of external factors, my wild guess in 6-12 months.
If you guys can hold on till then, the market will certainly be different.

I would suggest for the upcoming refresh that's imminent! the only component which is the bottleneck is the processor and board.
You might be aware that this tv cannot do full hdmi2.1 spec due to the processor (Not sure about VRR).
Once the process matures or mediatek or others come up with cheaper processor which can handle them, MI will revise the model with a new motherboard. That should help in solving the related issues as well.
Will the refresh happen? Certainly. When it will happen? depends on lots of external factors, my wild guess in 6-12 months.
If you guys can hold on till then, the market will certainly be different.
They will not revise this model. They will get sued for doing so. Maybe newer model will have better processors but can have inferior panels which can be prone to ghosting. It all depends upon the feedback this 75' gives to Mi. I don't think gaming on 75 is good idea, I have ps5 and I don't play on 75 because it's tiring to my eyes.
If you want to game on a TV, I would advice only LG and Samsung. Gaming is really difficult to master as local dimming algos need to work really nicely else you end up with lost details and washed out gaming experience. Plus gaming mode of Lg and Samsung are way better. This MI QLED 75 has one very strong point is that it's panel is absolutely flagship level ( between Q80t and q90t) and if you can possibly calibrate it nicely, you end up with a great movie viewing experience. Plus atleast my panel hits around 1200 nits too. ( Already shared).

Last edited:
I have been following all the posts as I wanted to decide on buying this 75 inch TV. I am now confused seeing that many are facing problems with the TV especially with audio handshake with AVR's. Probably I would like to wait and see if Mi will resolve all the problem with this TV but seems like the price may further go up. However one thing I like with Mi is their service as it seems they are ready to replace the TV immediately if any fault is found even if it is 3 or 4 times unlike TCL. Push Mi to replace the TV for one more time, maybe things might get resolved with the new TV. Since it is a new TV do not go for swapping the HDMI board as it might sometime lead to audio muting when using it with AVR.

I agree ....Mi service so far has been very good. They have been patient to hear out problems , ensured service engineer turn up quickly and also acknowledge issues if any without dilly dallying or trying to put up excuses.

I agree ....Mi service so far has been very good. They have been patient to hear out problems , ensured service engineer turn up quickly and also acknowledge issues if any without dilly dallying or trying to put up excuses.
They also installed the TV in my new home, plus checked for all panel issues.

They will not revise this model. They will get sued for doing so. Maybe newer model will have better processors but can have inferior panels which can be prone to ghosting. It all depends upon the feedback this 75' gives to Mi. I don't think gaming on 75 is good idea, I have ps5 and I don't play on 75 because it's tiring to my eyes.
If you want to game on a TV, I would advice only LG and Samsung. Gaming is really difficult to master as local dimming algos need to work really nicely else you end up with lost details and washed out gaming experience. Plus gaming mode of Lg and Samsung are way better. This MI QLED 75 has one very strong point is that it's panel is absolutely flagship level ( between Q80t and q90t) and if you can possibly calibrate it nicely, you end up with a great movie viewing experience. Plus atleast my panel hits around 1200 nits too. ( Already shared).
Mi TV refresh is already out. Not specific to this model but Mi TV 6 Extreme Edition in sizes upto 75". The Panel is certainly more advanced with 1200 nits of claimed brightness, 275 odd local dimming zones, same or wider color gamut than Q1. 2 Full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth with VRR etc(I believe 48 Gbps) and 1 eARC port. The newer flagship processor from MediaTek' - MT9950 which is capable of hardware decoding upto 8K@60Hz. Looking at the recent history of Xiaomi launches in India, they could it launch it in India in around 6 months time frame.

Mi TV refresh is already out. Not specific to this model but Mi TV 6 Extreme Edition in sizes upto 75". The Panel is certainly more advanced with 1200 nits of claimed brightness, 275 odd local dimming zones, same or wider color gamut than Q1. 2 Full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth with VRR etc(I believe 48 Gbps) and 1 eARC port. The newer flagship processor from MediaTek' - MT9950 which is capable of hardware decoding upto 8K@60Hz. Looking at the recent history of Xiaomi launches in India, they could it launch it in India in around 6 months time frame.

Looks promising. Only concern is whether they would be able to manage the same killer price that they have done for this current 75 inch. With global chip shortage , uncertainty around the pandemic and not many takers for such a large TV , won't be easy for Mi to find the sweet spot.

Won't release in India. Price in China is 1.2 lakh. Therefore atleast 1.8 lakh in India.

Why will I feel bad though considering I got this 75 inch tv for free from Xiaomi? I was only helping people out as I know that Xiaomi mi tv 6 extreme cannot be launched at price lower than 1.8 lakh and at that price one will be a fool to buy a Xaiomi and not a LG oled. But go on.
Perfectly makes sense as you are comparing a 75inch Xiaomi to 77 OLED.. Nice try by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways if anyone interested, this is A8g vs a80j. Sony has improved itself quite a lot. @Love4sound
This year there is a huge hype and expectations with the sony oled's. Good that sony is pushing in the oled segment and seeing so much improvements has got me really excited. By the time i am ready for the next oled upgrade which is in 4-5 years time, LG seeing sony improvements will have all those improvements in their oled line up for a lesser amount

This year there is a huge hype and expectations with the sony oled's. Good that sony is pushing in the oled segment and seeing so much improvements has got me really excited. By the time i am ready for the next oled upgrade which is in 4-5 years time, LG seeing sony improvements will have all those improvements in their oled line up for a lesser amount
What excites me most is that Sony and LG have started the brightness war. This will really make them reach real Dolby Vision level in 5-6 years and imagine the level of processing they will have. Truly a time to wait.

The hdmi ports issues and the earthing issues are points of concern. Just like a dyanora 1970s 80s TV that had that fault back in those days. People died due to electric shocks in those days - and xiomis have reinstated those issues in this day and age with some below par stuff.

The hdmi ports issues and the earthing issues are points of concern. Just like a dyanora 1970s 80s TV that had that fault back in those days. People died due to electric shocks in those days - and xiomis have reinstated those issues in this day and age with some below par stuff.
Earthing issues isn't present after connecting to my UPS. Checked it 6-7 times.

Do you work for Xiaomi? how can you say they wont release it?
its still good deal for the features what it gives.. the problem is, those who might have got it already might feel bad..!
I've already bought the Mi Q1 75. I think I got a great deal. But as with all modern electronics, I've come to expect it will be outdated in a year. Hence I won't feel bad if Mi launches a bigger better TV at a similar price. It's the same thing with mobile phones, we've stopped feeling bad years ago - electronic obsolescence is a given.

Earthing issues isn't present after connecting to my UPS. Checked it 6-7 times.
Can you please explain this? In 3 TVs for me, the hdmi port of the tv to which my avr hdmi out was attached have become dysfunctional. All power connections have been thoroughly checked. All hdmi cables have been updated. That leaves my avr itself and splitter, both of which are under service to rule out any issues. The same splitter feeds into my projector which should have had hdmi issues in case the splitter was the culprit, since a projector I assume is a more sensitive pence of equipment. I am a bit flummoxed here on the hdmi issues. Interestingly, direct hdmi out from avr to the mi tv doesn't work whereas i get a display if routed through the splitter. Makes it even more confusing. Maybe best to take the full refund offered by Xiaomi. I echo the sentiments above on their customer service though - its been stellar. This is a significant part of a big ticket purchase.

Won't release in India. Price in China is 1.2 lakh. Therefore atleast 1.8 lakh in India.
At this point you or I can at best make only a wild guess about it's price or launch. When this TV was also announced, you can check the first few pages, fm were expecting it to be priced at 2.25-2.5 Lacs. No one was ready to give it a chance. But it launched with best possible bargain at 1.2 L and the panel turned out to be fantastic. Now, the global chip shortage is definitely going to spice up the prices across categories, so even Xiaomi isn't going to be affected. Point is Mi TV 6 Extreme edition is a great refresh in every parameter. Xiaomi in past launched their Mi TV 5 series and recently even started selling it fully imported super flagship Mi 11 Ultra, so there are chances they may launch. At even 1.8 it's good bargain, 77" OLED sells for upward of 6L and Sony offering in LED is not good(all the blooming, low zone count etc). 1.5-1.6 will be the sweet spot. But one never knows how these companies make decision. And I am not too optimistic of it launching, as no one from Xiaomi India like Manu Jain, or others even talked about it's launch even if it's China

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back