Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

A90J is a FALD technically. It has full array local dimming with 8.3 million zones.
Yeah, that's it... ;) Man, between this QLED/OLED rivalry, dual-layer LCD fell through the crack. I truly believed this tech had a future in consumer display as a worthy middle ground.

Yeah, that's it... ;) Man, between this QLED/OLED rivalry, dual-layer LCD fell through the crack. I truly believed this tech had a future in consumer display as a worthy middle ground.
Dual-layer tech has lot of issues.The tech is still in early stages.The biggest issue is power consumption.thats why barring Hisense other companies are not focusing on it.

Ha ha and it does better by switching off pixels individually instead of dimming. So it is called full array local switching off. Ie. FALSO
Even FALD does switch off zones when there is nothing in the whole zone. Both do the exact same thing, just on different scales. Even LG calls their OLED as 'pixel dimming' but it can switch them off.
Isnt the market term for it pixel dimming.
Yes, but each pixel is a zone and essentially it's the same thing. Just OLED can do it on a per-pixel level due to them being emissive. It's still a FALD, not a FALD LCD though.
Dual-layer TVs are coming from Hisense this year. Not sure if they'll launch in India after the govt. gave them the finger last year by import bans, but they're definitely coming.

It will be expensive though. The dual-layer nature of LCD requires a stronger backlight and obviously, you have 2 LCD layers instead of 1, so there's extra cost there too. That's why only used in professional reference monitors till now.

Also, it might be bad for gaming as 2 displays are synced up, so there will be a latency hit.

Even FALD does switch off zones when there is nothing in the whole zone. Both do the exact same thing, just on different scales. Even LG calls their OLED as 'pixel dimming' but it can switch them off.

Yes, but each pixel is a zone and essentially it's the same thing. Just OLED can do it on a per-pixel level due to them being emissive. It's still a FALD, not a FALD LCD though.

Dual-layer TVs are coming from Hisense this year. Not sure if they'll launch in India after the govt. gave them the finger last year by import bans, but they're definitely coming.

It will be expensive though. The dual-layer nature of LCD requires a stronger backlight and obviously, you have 2 LCD layers instead of 1, so there's extra cost there too. That's why only used in professional reference monitors till now.

Also, it might be bad for gaming as 2 displays are synced up, so there will be a latency hit.
tcl also launched duel led

Amazon Basics High Speed HDMI can't do e-ARC and doesn't support HDCP 2.2. It's a simple 18 Gbps HDMI cable. Anyone planning to use with Apple TV 4k should avoid it, also ARC only passes Dolby Digital. So Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD are unavailable.The eARC feature needs an HDMI cable with the Ethernet feature. What do you think @lightgamer ?

Last edited:
Last night while watching the TV , I noticed a black line at the right bottom corner of the tv. Initially I thought it was a scratch but seems like this is within the panel. It's extremely faint and difficult to figure out but becomes visible when the screen displays something bright. I used a white screen video just to check if I have any such lines in any other place of the screen but didnot find any. I am attaching the picture. Can anybody let know what is this. There are no visible scratches on the screen from outside .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704-090736.jpg
    Screenshot_20210704-090736.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 35
Last night while watching the TV , I noticed a black line at the right bottom corner of the tv. Initially I thought it was a scratch but seems like this is within the panel. It's extremely faint and difficult to figure out but becomes visible when the screen displays something bright. I used a white screen video just to check if I have any such lines in any other place of the screen but didnot find any. I am attaching the picture. Can anybody let know what is this. There are no visible scratches on the screen from outside .
That's concerning. Did you check with multiple videos? And does this lines remains? What white video did you play.

You should put a complaint to MI at the earliest.

That's concerning. Did you check with multiple videos? And does this lines remains? What white video did you play.

You should put a complaint to MI at the earliest.

i checked with multiple videos .....the line remains and is more visible when there is something bright getting displayed on the panel

Have already put a complaint to Mi

c728 hs dual display ,is dual lcd ,dual display different?
What dual display you're talking about:

The only dual I could find was that it has Google duo, which is an app. And no, this TV doesn't have dual-layer LCD. Not by a long shot.

The only dual I could find was that it has Google duo, which is an app. And no, this TV doesn't have dual-layer LCD. Not by a long shot.
Even c825 is simple fald branded as mini led.

Screenshot_2021-07-04-13-36-36-68.jpg

That's a software feature like split screen or picture in picture, not a panel type. That's why it's listed in features and not in panel specs.

Also a dual layer display will have contrast of at least 1000000:1 and not 5000:1 like C728.
saripoyindi, i thought it is dual display

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back