Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

A noob question to those who use Nvidia Shield Pro (or Apple TV 4K) with Mi Q1 75 TV:
Is it like a night and day difference when watching HD OTT content with Shield and without Shield (upscaling done by TV),
or is it just visible only to discerning eyes?
Does Shield also improve viewing 4K content also?

Need Help !! Can somebody please share picture calibration settings for Dolby vision and HDR 10 on mi qled 75 tv. I don't watch SDR content , i watch only 4K content on Netflix and Amazon prime. The factory Picture settings are not at all good in this TV. Even the movie mode is not satisfactory.

Need Help !! Can somebody please share picture calibration settings for Dolby vision and HDR 10 on mi qled 75 tv. I don't watch SDR content , i watch only 4K content on Netflix and Amazon prime. The factory Picture settings are not at all good in this TV. Even the movie mode is not satisfactory.
I am using stock or factory settings and am completely satisfied. No need to change.

If HDR10 or Dolby vision content is being played, you won't even be seeing the Movie Or standard mode settings. ??

I am using stock or factory settings and am completely satisfied. No need to change.

If HDR10 or Dolby vision content is being played, you won't even be seeing the Movie Or standard mode settings. ??
I Read many Reviews of Mi Qled 75 and the experts recommended to use the movie picture mode, so i used that for watching Bigg Boss on Voot and found that the picture was washed out and details missing. Then i came to conclusion that this tv is good for only watching 4K content. But even in HDR and specially when i was watching Movie SAS Rise of Black Swan on Netflix in Dolby vision the black uniformity is bad, black appears grainy in dark scenes, in color temperature set to warm the Red becomes overpowering everything becomes more Reddish and in color temperature set to standard or cool the Red becomes to low and more towards Blue. Need an expert help for calibrated picture setting to find a sweet spot in settings to get the Best picture quality.

I Read many Reviews of Mi Qled 75 and the experts recommended to use the movie picture mode, so i used that for watching Bigg Boss on Voot and found that the picture was washed out and details missing. Then i came to conclusion that this tv is good for only watching 4K content. But even in HDR and specially when i was watching Movie SAS Rise of Black Swan on Netflix in Dolby vision the black uniformity is bad, black appears grainy in dark scenes, in color temperature set to warm the Red becomes overpowering everything becomes more Reddish and in color temperature set to standard or cool the Red becomes to low and more towards Blue. Need an expert help for calibrated picture setting to find a sweet spot in settings to get the Best picture quality.
People have shared their settings on this thread, go through this entire thread once.

Are you using TV's native app?

I watched SAS rise too and it was a perfect watching experience including ATMOS

Any MI Q1 75 TV owner who also has Shield TV Pro?

Can you please comment on difference in movie watching experience between the MI TV app and Shield pro, especially Netflix and Kodi.

Are you using TV's native app?

I watched SAS rise too and it was a perfect watching experience including ATMOS
Yes i am using TV's Native app for streaming and i think it does not give cinema multiplex like feeling; thinking over whether i should buy Nvidia Shield Pro but want to first try make improvements by changing picture settings to avoid shelling out more money

Yes i am using TV's Native app for streaming and i think it does not give cinema multiplex like feeling; thinking over whether i should buy Nvidia Shield Pro but want to first try make improvements by changing picture settings to avoid shelling out more money
I am using TV's native app too.. especially Netflix and Kodi.. for me everything is superb.. and am using stock settings.. no change at all.

Are you getting enough network bandwidth for Netflix to render UHD+ content?

Please share a few pics..

Try going for Apple TV 4K. I am getting improved picture and sound quality. Also it did color adjustments for me as well. Please note that color adjustments would only get applied to the contents played from Apple TV.

That's why I suggest getting the big card from the get go. When you open the account, the requirements are lower as you have the bait of new account opening.

I've not been able to upgrade to Infinia despite constant requests to my RM. Part of which is his laziness as well, but it's not an easy card to get. From what I've heard, you either need to be high net worth with a lot of money invested in HDFC, or need to be 45L+ annual salaried. And even that needs to be regular salary, bonus at end of year may not count depending on your luck (unfortunately it didn't in mine).

Diners club black is much easier to get. 1.75 lakhs per month income(pre tax) or 21 lakhs ITR either will do easily. But now the reward cap is much lower and Infinia seems much better. Though for now diners isn't allowed to take more customers in India due to RBI data storage policies.
May be you know this already, now they are making Infinia a card without minimum spending limits. earlier i was in a good job which met their criteria and the minimum spending limit was 8 lacs per annum which I used to meet as well. couple of years back i quit to enjoy life and have been struggling to meet the min spending limit. So last year they billed me 10,000 plus GST as fees. When I complained, they reversed it back, but I still got 10K points on that 10K fee billing!!!. Then I read a news article that they are making it min spending limit free for existing customers - so I contacted HDFC and true enough, they asked me to just open a normal HDFC SB account and once I did that I got a mail saying its life time free.

Last week I bought the realme pad on flipkart..the 15999 one with LTE and got 1500 off for using the card. After I did the purchase I got the sms saying I would have got more points on smartbuy. But since the tablet got sold out within a minute, didnt want to cancel and buy. Next time i am buying big on these sites where they got a discount offer going on for HDFC, will def buy using smart buy and get more points.

The most annoying thing for me for now is how sluggish the UI is while playing some 4K content, it sometimes reaches a point where even adjusting the volume takes a few whole seconds to respond.
Also noticed occasional frame drops / stutter while playing 4K 60FPS on Youtube, which I think is unacceptable for this kind of TV.
I've had the TV for a few months and never noticed any kind of latency with 4K content. And no framedrops on Youtube either. Do reach out to Xiaomi support for assistance on this topic.

Has anyone taken an extended warranty for this TV? I'm thinking of getting an extended warranty, but not sure on where to get one from. Does Mi offer that option?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back