Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I need help.

I have an old AVR and I am more than happy with it. Before 4k, there was no confusion but with 4K TV coming in picture, everything seems to be out the place. This picture represents my setup before 4K TV.

View attachment 62520

Onkyo AVR has ARC (but I have never used it) and optical/toslink port. I am ok (for the time being) if I don't get HD Audio from my Blu Ray collection which I stream from my NAS through Nvidia shield.

I think I will have to connect Nvidia shield & Fie TV stick to my TV HDMI ports and onkyo AVR to the TV's eARC port. No sure.

I don't plan to change my AVR as of now.

Please suggest me how should I connect all these devices with my Mi 75.
Connect 4k devices to tv directly and Use arc and let go of HD audio codes.
In Older AVRs without eArc you will have to chose one between 4k and HD audio.

Placed order. Will be delivered day after tomorrow.

Anything to check at the of delivery and/or at time of installation?

I need help.

I have an old AVR and I am more than happy with it. Before 4k, there was no confusion but with 4K TV coming in picture, everything seems to be out the place. This picture represents my setup before 4K TV.

View attachment 62520

Onkyo AVR has ARC (but I have never used it) and optical/toslink port. I am ok (for the time being) if I don't get HD Audio from my Blu Ray collection which I stream from my NAS through Nvidia shield.

I think I will have to connect Nvidia shield & Fie TV stick to my TV HDMI ports and onkyo AVR to the TV's eARC port. No sure.

I don't plan to change my AVR as of now.

Please suggest me how should I connect all these devices with my Mi 75.

This til will be delivered/installed today or tomorrow. It will be wall mounted and I will probably have no access to bottom ports after installation.

Is it a good idea to connect an optical cable (considering my old AVR) and an Ethernet LAN RJ45 cable (I have wired internet at that placed)?

Also I have a 1.5" pipe plastered in wall for cleaner look to carry 2-3 wires (power/hdmi/optical/ethernet) from base to TV. It will be hidden behind TV.

index.jpg

Since it is 1.5" only, I can not have all the cables route through this. Please suggest what cable I should route from this pipe.

This til will be delivered/installed today or tomorrow. It will be wall mounted and I will probably have no access to bottom ports after installation.

Is it a good idea to connect an optical cable (considering my old AVR) and an Ethernet LAN RJ45 cable (I have wired internet at that placed)?

Also I have a 1.5" pipe plastered in wall for cleaner look to carry 2-3 wires (power/hdmi/optical/ethernet) from base to TV. It will be hidden behind TV.

View attachment 62709

Since it is 1.5" only, I can not have all the cables route through this. Please suggest what cable I should route from this pipe.
A USB Male to Female is always a good idea to mount also you can use an HDMI too.

Hdfc credit cards are good just for their priority pass. The points system is too cumbersome and i am not bothered.
Instead get a idfc card with free golf lessons. Too much tv watching going on.
If you know how to, its the best. I just paid for more than half of my euro trip with it.

Got mine installed by Jeeves today. Out of the box, Movie mode looks okay. There is quite a bit of SOE though. Any pointers?

eARC works fine with my AVR. AVR shows Atmos with AP, Netflix and Plex. But, the AVR's OSD isn't available. Must be some workaround?

Overall, I'm quite happy.

Got mine installed by Jeeves today. Out of the box, Movie mode looks okay. There is quite a bit of SOE though. Any pointers?

eARC works fine with my AVR. AVR shows Atmos with AP, Netflix and Plex. But, the AVR's OSD isn't available. Must be some workaround?

Overall, I'm quite happy.
Congrats .. please share calibration details once did.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back