Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Did somebody was actually able to run this TV at 1080p@120Hz or 1440P@120Hz?
Even if my PC (with an RTX card, and HDMI 2.1 set) is set to output these resolutions, it doesn't seem that the TV actually refreshes any faster from what I can tell.

Heartbroken & finally have decided to do away with the Mi TV . In a span of 5 month , the TV got replaced thrice and since yesterday night I am seeing a vertical line on the screen . I would be asking for a refund rather than replacement this time. Hard luck for me as I really wanted to keep this TV.

Since I dont have the budget for 75 inch from other brands, will settle for 65 inch . Any suggestion . I was thinking of Sony x9000H . Any views on LG A1 Oled or equivalents from Samsung ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 00.11.33.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-13 at 00.11.33.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 33
Heartbroken & finally have decided to do away with the Mi TV . In a span of 5 month , the TV got replaced thrice and since yesterday night I am seeing a vertical line on the screen . I would be asking for a refund rather than replacement this time. Hard luck for me as I really wanted to keep this TV.

Since I dont have the budget for 75 inch from other brands, will settle for 65 inch . Any suggestion . I was thinking of Sony x9000H . Any views on LG A1 Oled or equivalents from Samsung ?
Bad luck. Why its happened thrice, any answer from service guys. I am going with samsung frame 65" both are in same budget.

Service guys have nothing to say...seems to be poor QC and sheer bad luck for me
This TV was on top of my purchase list during Christmas. Will have to keep away now after your feedback.

Xiaomi have no excuse to let this happen on a television 3-4 times as in your case.

Thanks for letting us know.

Did anyone compared with samsung frame 65 inch tv. Both are on same price.
Personally viewed both Frame 2021 and Q1 75", but separately. Took the Q1 audition first so the 2nd one falls short to impress me.
That good the Q1 panel is.
Otherwise the samsung Frame is very decent tv with attractive features. But once experience the vibrancy of the FALD panel, a basic edge-lit panel will always look less appealing. Also samsung built quality is better compare to Mi.
Going with the samsung would be a peace of mind thinking about the longevity and future service support. If viewing impression is the only goal and don't mind the future aspects, Mi is the thing to go for.

Last edited:
Personally viewed both Frame 2021 and Q1 75", but separately. Took the Q1 audition first so the 2nd one falls short to impress me.
That good the Q1 panel is.
Otherwise the samsung Frame is very decent tv with attractive features. But once experience the vibrancy of the FALD panel, a basic edge-lit panel will always look less appealing. Also samsung built quality is better compare to Mi.
Going with the samsung would be a peace of mind thinking about the longevity and future service support. If viewing impression is the only goal and don't mind the future aspects, Mi is the thing to go for.
Thanks for sharing. I read frame brightness is low in HDR. Did you observe anything on lower brightness of frame ? Only brightness is stopping me to buy frame. If it is good ,not even the best I am okay.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I read frame brightness is low in HDR. Did you observe anything on lower brightness of frame ? Only brightness is stopping me to buy frame. If it is good ,not even the best I am okay.
Though Reviewers claiming a 500+ nits with their measurements, I was confuse.."is it really 500 plus"...because it didn't look like so. I personally felt it's not enough for HDR. SDR content I watched, was better than most of the mid range TVs. if someone consumes SDR or cable channels, it would be a good choice. Somehow I feel Sony X80J looks brighter and colors more popped out, despite being IPS/ADS panel.
Frame TVs have the potentiality to perform better, but with proper calibrations may be. The out of the box picture modes and regular settings failed to impressive.

Though Reviewers claiming a 500+ nits with their measurements, I was confuse.."is it really 500 plus"...because it didn't look like so. I personally felt it's not enough for HDR. SDR content I watched, was better than most of the mid range TVs. if someone consumes SDR or cable channels, it would be a good choice. Somehow I feel Sony X80J looks brighter and colors more popped out, despite being IPS/ADS panel.
Frame TVs have the potentiality to perform better, but with proper calibrations may be. The out of the box picture modes and regular settings failed to impressive.
Thanks for clarification

Frame definitely has enough brightness, 500 nits is not a small number. I have a Frame 55" and the brightness in HDR content or otherwise is not an issue. Check out it's rtings review as well.

Frame definitely has enough brightness, 500 nits is not a small number. I have a Frame 55" and the brightness in HDR content or otherwise is not an issue. Check out it's rtings review as well.
I am going with frame decided. Thanks for your inputs

Last edited:
This TV was on top of my purchase list during Christmas. Will have to keep away now after your feedback.

Xiaomi have no excuse to let this happen on a television 3-4 times as in your case.

Thanks for letting us know.
I know it's your decision. But I would like to add few points here. I think out of 20+ buyers on this thread only 1-2 users have faced issues with this TV. But they got excellent customer support!
Even after getting the replacement multiple times, a buyers have chance to get a refund. I don't think Samsung or other top players in the Top 3 segment would do the same (I am an LG Fan). We do have some threads to share FM's horrible support experience with Samsung when they faced an issue with the product (even with the top-of-the-line products).
Definitely, Mi could have done better with the quality check. But I am surprised that their support team tried to resolve the issue by replacing the TV multiple times and offering a refund option.

Last edited:
I know it's your decision. But I would like to add few points to add. I think out of 20+ buyers on this thread only 1-2 users are faced with this issue. But they got excellent customer support!
Even after getting the replacement multiple times, a buyers have chance to get a refund. I don't think Samsung or other top players in the Top 3 segment would do the same (I am an LG Fan). We do have some threads to share FM's horrible support experience with Samsung when they faced an issue with the product (even with the top-of-the-line products).
Definitely, Mi could have done better with the quality check. But I am surprised that their support team tried to resolve the issue by replacing the TV multiple times and offering a refund option.

Completely agree. I have no complaints against Mi who have been very supportive .

Last edited:
Back