Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Hi all,

To those who own the Mi 75" QLED, and those well versed with it and 65" or larger TVs in this price range
Would you still recommend buying the TV today? It is currently priced ~1.28L, I believe it was at one time priced closer to 1.05L

My focus is on picture quality, primarily streaming content.
I'll be adding a stereo system in time for the audio.

My viewing distance is 12 feet and my budget was actually 85k for a FALD 65" (if possible), but I thought of making an exception and stretching to 1.07L for a larger TV such as this (if the price drops down)
As far as my knowledge goes with this TV, the ports to connect peripheral devices such as AVR, USB inputs etc .. are fragile. But please read through the contents of this thread and come to a conclusion before plunging into it. For 85k and under you won't get a big 3 FALD 65" model. If you are confident that you will deal with your product's potential defects, go for this. It's usually your gut feel. Others can't opinionate much as it would just add to your labyrinth of preexisting decision choices.

Uyara uyara parandhalum, oor kuruvi parundhu agadhu. Mi can't be compared to Sony triluminous.
Unfortunately, you have no idea! Both triluminous and qled are technically same.
mi has an advntage of fald compared to x80j. sony He’s the advantage of the x1 processor which was never the part of the equation I mentioned!

Unfortunately, you have no idea! Both triluminous and qled are technically same.
mi has an advntage of fald compared to x80j. sony He’s the advantage of the x1 processor which was never the part of the equation I mentioned!
Yes triluminous is a quantum dot synonym. But still I say Mi can't be compared to Sony TVs be it FALD or non FALD. Brand Sony's finishing and QC is better than kal ka bacha Mi. Mi is sheer caveat emptor and can become fly by night if there is one GO. Sony can't be rattled as it is a long standing brand.

Yes triluminous is a quantum dot synonym. But still I say Mi can't be compared to Sony TVs be it FALD or non FALD. Brand Sony's finishing and QC is better than kal ka bacha Mi. Mi is sheer caveat emptor and can become fly by night if there is one GO. Sony can't be rattled as it is a long standing brand.
Do you have any factual data which showed sony is better than mi in this tv segment?
These posts make sony overestimate about themselves!
There are cases where sony pissed off customers in support, and mi changed the tv 4 times for one. Don't go biased by brand value!

If one government order comes, this brand will disappear from India as China has created border tensions, and india has a trade deficit with them and they lobby their products extensively into India strangling Indian small and medium enterprises, it is my opinion that Korean and Japanese companies are better off at this crossroads junction. Sony's products are better that they don't have to change 4 times either. I was at the receiving end of a Sony TV panel going bust in a month from purchase date. They took a couple weeks replacing the panel which also had issues. The third time was the lucky charm but the TV is good after that. We win some we lose some and I placed faith and conviction in a big name. I would have had jitters if it was a Xiaomi TV though.

Last edited:
so, Sony also makes products which need to be changed thrice!
Bro! You are just swinging on various points than whats discussed. Hypothetical scenario of govt placing order and border tensions don’t answer the point that mis panel is toe to toe with triluminuous!

If Sony is such a huge brand then why they r not succeeding in Mobile phone business? Kal ka bacha Mi beat Sony very easily…

so, Sony also makes products which need to be changed thrice!
Bro! You are just swinging on various points than whats discussed. Hypothetical scenario of govt placing order and border tensions don’t answer the point that mis panel is toe to toe with triluminuous!
Dubious Chinese brands that has not established its presence in the country for over 3 decades like the legacy Sony has done, loses on reliability front. I am a person who had issues with Samsung and Sony and yet I would vouch on those than a Xiaomi. Government order is likely and those who made the cut before, would end up in a soup. Can't you see - if it is Rs.40-50 k nobody would bother to even reply. It is 1.07 lakhs in question and I am entitled to my opinion. You post yours not attempting to ridicule others and then we have a discussion and not argument. Deal?

I think it is fair from the other FM pointing out that the MI was as good as a sony triluminous after he had seen both.He never said it was as reliable as the sony and many times the reliability topic is blown out of proportion given the fact it is a MI TV thread. As for sales and market share in the TV segment sony is declining year after year.The chinese TV's are already winning the market share over sony. Premium segment is dominated by samsung and LG where as the budget and mid range segment is dominated by the chinese brands such as TCL and xiaomi

That's why I mentioned in Tamil which the other poster understands also that "however high a local town sparrow flies high, it can't become an eagle. " It is based on reliability. I have a Sony Walkman bought in 1992 which is still functional. Just that there are a few audio cassettes available to play it which is another issue altogether. Can the Chinese products do so as in macro economic levels they are use and throw connoisseurs.

That's why I mentioned in Tamil which the other poster understands also that "however high a local town sparrow flies high, it can't become an eagle. " It is based on reliability. I have a Sony Walkman bought in 1992 which is still functional. Just that there are a few audio cassettes available to play it which is another issue altogether. Can the Chinese products do so as in macro economic levels they are use and throw
In 1992 All Sony products were made in Japan. What about now? Chinese products r ruling the mobile industry now.Your so called big huge brand Sony can’t come near to Mi sales. Mi is growing day by day and Sony is falling day by day.

In 1992 All Sony products were made in Japan. What about now? Chinese products r ruling the mobile industry now.Your so called big huge brand Sony can’t come near to Mi sales. Mi is growing day by day and Sony is falling day by day.
Ok that's enough I don't want to beat around the bush too hard. If you are confident, buy it.

That's why I mentioned in Tamil which the other poster understands also that "however high a local town sparrow flies high, it can't become an eagle. " It is based on reliability. I have a Sony Walkman bought in 1992 which is still functional. Just that there are a few audio cassettes available to play it which is another issue altogether. Can the Chinese products do so as in macro economic levels they are use and throw connoisseurs.
But unfortunately the eagle is flying too low, and many think that its high because its an eagle! this height can be reached by a sparrow now!
As they say in tamil "Poonai kanni moodinaal bholoogam irulaadhu!" (If the cat closes its eyes the earth doesn't get dark!), its just the opinion of the cat!
I'm also not going to stop you from spending twice your money for, what you think, is a better brand!

Its an endless loop of an argument which we may not reach to a conclusion. And I just listed my points. You listed yours. Let those who are in need of a TV make their own decisions. End of discussion.

As far as my knowledge goes with this TV, the ports to connect peripheral devices such as AVR, USB inputs etc .. are fragile. But please read through the contents of this thread and come to a conclusion before plunging into it. For 85k and under you won't get a big 3 FALD 65" model. If you are confident that you will deal with your product's potential defects, go for this. It's usually your gut feel. Others can't opinionate much as it would just add to your labyrinth of preexisting decision choices.
Fair enough. I'll look into the thread regarding the peripheral points - thanks.
you cant find big difference between 65" & 75" . i did lot of research and bought 65". i got Samsung frame 65" for 1.1. Now hisense release 65" FLAD for 85K check once.
Yes the Hisense U6G 65" is what I was keeping in consideration.
I have not had any experience dealing with Hisense (or its traditional competitor TCL), but at this price range (~85k) I am tempted to take the chance.
Thanks for your input.

If any the Mi 75" owners have any inputs on how the TV has performed for you after the [x] months you've had it, please do share.

If any the Mi 75" owners have any inputs on how the TV has performed for you after the [x] months you've had it, please do share.
After 6 months. TV is still going strong and love it every time I watch. It's serving the purpose exceptionally.

Had issues with HDMI compatibility with older AVR device, however that is sorted as I upgraded the AVR.

Now the issue is with remote as original remote has been chewed by my dog and replacement that I bought is not behaving well.

Just had a word with a Mi store employee. Next pricing will remain at the 125k range. The 55 inch was on display and looked good. But I don't think I'll push my budget to 125k for now. Will try and see the hisense u6g in a store (not sure who has stocked it though). Thanks to all for your inputs.

Just had a word with a Mi store employee. Next pricing will remain at the 125k range. The 55 inch was on display and looked good. But I don't think I'll push my budget to 125k for now. Will try and see the hisense u6g in a store (not sure who has stocked it though). Thanks to all for your inputs.
One more thing that is very fishy is that they say there are no repair stores or outlets in a big metro city like Chennai. They would only door service it it seems. Sony also only door services their big screen TVs however they have physical service centers for smaller sizes. Mi does not have one for all TVs (for all sizes)in a large metro ??!!

Apart from the picture quality and other things, is there a major difference in the size of 75 inch tv and 65 inch tv? I have 6 years old LG 49" tv and comparing the size of the tv with the latest LG 55" the new tv looks small than the 49" tv.

Apart from the picture quality and other things, is there a major difference in the size of 75 inch tv and 65 inch tv? I have 6 years old LG 49" tv and comparing the size of the tv with the latest LG 55" the new tv looks small than the 49" tv.
This is a debatable topic. I think the viewing distance if shortened it would be a similar mathematical proportion. However many would disagree as a 55" TV to a 75" TV won't match in immersion levels no matter how close you sit. So between two TVs 10" apart, there maybe less of a difference but if 20" or more are compared, size matters, even I won't deny.

Back