Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

After 4 months, I'm now trying to return my TV to the retailer. The near endless amount of software issues and bugs make it nearly unusable .... plus, I've just started to notice some purple patches appear on a certain area of the screen - indicating either a panel or local dimming issue.

After 4 months, I'm now trying to return my TV to the retailer. The near endless amount of software issues and bugs make it nearly unusable .... plus, I've just started to notice some purple patches appear on a certain area of the screen - indicating either a panel or local dimming issue.
Damn, Xiaomi still hasn't improved QC.

What is best option to play Hotstar 4K - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K -->> Mi TV QLED 75 or directly through Mi TV 75 Hotstar app?

Fire TV Stick is connected to TV HDMI and audio is through ARC (non-4K, non-eARC AVR).

Last edited:
What is best option to play Hotstar 4K - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K -->> Mi TV QLED 75 or directly through Mi TV 75 Hotstar app?

Fire TV Stick is connected to TV HDMI and audio is through ARC (non-4K, non-eARC AVR).
I guess better option would be through Fire TV 4K Stick. I am playing hotstar through Apple TV 4K and Somehow I find the experience better compared to playing it directly through Mi tv. BTW, I also have my AVR sitting between MI tv and Apple tv.

If one government order comes, this brand will disappear from India as China has created border tensions, and india has a trade deficit with them and they lobby their products extensively into India strangling Indian small and medium enterprises, it is my opinion that Korean and Japanese companies are better off at this crossroads junction. Sony's products are better that they don't have to change 4 times either. I was at the receiving end of a Sony TV panel going bust in a month from purchase date. They took a couple weeks replacing the panel which also had issues. The third time was the lucky charm but the TV is good after that. We win some we lose some and I placed faith and conviction in a big name. I would have had jitters if it was a Xiaomi TV though.
Sorry to hear about the troubles with your Sony panel. The only TV that i have had that has worked flawlessly till date is the Sony W800 that i got way way back in 2012. Its picture quality (barring brightness which is more or less at the same level as OLED panels) is still very competent nearly 10 years later and i just hope the new X9500G i recently purchased hasn't lost any of the legendary Sony quality and robustness. Having said that, i was both rudely shocked and pleasantly surprised by my experience with MI- rude shock coming in the way of my MI TV 4X 65 giving up on me twice within two years which was thankfully within the warranty period so no expense there; the pleasant surprise being that MI has replaced the panel promptly on both occassions. In fact, the first time my TV conked off, they replaced it with an entirely new TV within 2 days of having raised the complaint. The second time, they replaced the panel which took 4 days from having raised the complaint. In fact, my experience with their service centers for mi phones has also been rather positive with resolutions offered within the same day replacement of parts. Considering the presence they have in India and now globally, i'll be surprised if they let their customer experience falter much. Who knows, It could very well be the Sony of tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your Sony panel. The only TV that i have had that has worked flawlessly till date is the Sony W800 that i got way way back in 2012. Its picture quality (barring brightness which is more or less at the same level as OLED panels) is still very competent nearly 10 years later and i just hope the new X9500G i recently purchased hasn't lost any of the legendary Sony quality and robustness. Having said that, i was both rudely shocked and pleasantly surprised by my experience with MI- rude shock coming in the way of my MI TV 4X 65 giving up on me twice within two years which was thankfully within the warranty period so no expense there; the pleasant surprise being that MI has replaced the panel promptly on both occassions. In fact, the first time my TV conked off, they replaced it with an entirely new TV within 2 days of having raised the complaint. The second time, they replaced the panel which took 4 days from having raised the complaint. In fact, my experience with their service centers for mi phones has also been rather positive with resolutions offered within the same day replacement of parts. Considering the presence they have in India and now globally, i'll be surprised if they let their customer experience falter much. Who knows, It could very well be the Sony of tomorrow.
9500G is a gem. A product of extremely well crafted masterpiece grade. Its father 9400D/E and before that it's grandfather 9300E were also unmatched full array beasts and why I had the frame dimming model, edgelit but flush hanging piece of portrait 9300D, less blooming beauty with 2000 nits brightness, and great deep contrast could pass for OLEDs.

Sony vintage is in 9x00 series. Anything below are like just plain ordinary.

I guess better option would be through Fire TV 4K Stick. I am playing hotstar through Apple TV 4K and Somehow I find the experience better compared to playing it directly through Mi tv. BTW, I also have my AVR sitting between MI tv and Apple tv.
Tried Hotstar 4k contents on Fire TV Stick 4K but got this error:

"Playback Error

Error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device. Please restart your device and try again. (PL-1100)"

Then I used Mi TV hotstar app and it works great.

"Playback Error

Error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device. Please restart your device and try again. (PL-1100)"

I used to get this error on Nvidea Shield when auto-refresh rate switching is enabled.

"Playback Error

Strange. Try raising this issue with hotstar. Also see if this of some help:-
I don't have fire stick 4K so can't help much.

Strange. Try raising this issue with hotstar. Also see if this of some help:-
Thanks.

There is some issue with Fire TV Stick also so can not say the problem is with hotstar with 100% confidence.

In Fire TV Stick, If I select video resolution "Auto", I don't get 4K in any app including youtube (maximun available resolution is 1080p).

If I select 2160p 60 or 50 Hz, I get 4k in youtube and Amazon Prime but Hotstar gives me above error.

Since Hotstar is working fine in 4K in Mi TV app, I have left experimenting.

Hi all,

To those who own the Mi 75" QLED, and those well versed with it and 65" or larger TVs in this price range
Would you still recommend buying the TV today? It is currently priced ~1.28L, I believe it was at one time priced closer to 1.05L

My focus is on picture quality, primarily streaming content.
I'll be adding a stereo system in time for the audio.

My viewing distance is 12 feet and my budget was actually 85k for a FALD 65" (if possible), but I thought of making an exception and stretching to 1.07L for a larger TV such as this (if the price drops down)
I've compared both and the 75" is significantly bigger and hence better. If we can get a decently priced 85" I'd buy that too. For TVs, definitely "bigger is better".
Apart from the picture quality and other things, is there a major difference in the size of 75 inch tv and 65 inch tv? I have 6 years old LG 49" tv and comparing the size of the tv with the latest LG 55" the new tv looks small than the 49" tv.
Same answer as above.
My Mi TV Q1 75" was installed on a tabletop yesterday. The tv is slightly leaning backwards, is it normal? The guy who installed the TV assured me it is supposed to be that way, but it looks very odd!
If the table top is completely horizontal, the TV should be completely vertical. Anything other than that is a call to the service center.
Can owners of this tv comment on how good or bad the set top box content upscaling of this tv is ? And if someone has compared it to other 75inch tvs under 2 lakhs like Sony X80J, Samsung AU8000 , LG UP8000 ?
The SD 480p content wont look pretty, but Tata Sky HD content or even 720p upscaled looks very smooth and nice.

Considering the presence they have in India and now globally, i'll be surprised if they let their customer experience falter much. Who knows, It could very well be the Sony of tomorrow.
Their customer service is definitely great. However; there is little use if they replace one lemon with another lemon. At the end of the day, that's still frustration for you as the problem isn't being sorted. They have a good track records with phones. I have less confidence with consumer durables or AV. As they buy parts from all over, assemble and sell them to us. There is little know-how for fixing or identifying issues at a component level. I am not sure to what degree they trace back issues to the component manufacturer. This is a bit easier with the more established players as they have been in the business for long and there is a process in place to go about it.

Their customer service is definitely great. However; there is little use if they replace one lemon with another lemon. At the end of the day, that's still frustration for you as the problem isn't being sorted. They have a good track records with phones. I have less confidence with consumer durables or AV. As they buy parts from all over, assemble and sell them to us. There is little know-how for fixing or identifying issues at a component level. I am not sure to what degree they trace back issues to the component manufacturer. This is a bit easier with the more established players as they have been in the business for long and there is a process in place to go about it.
That's where brand premium comes in. One needs to decide whether they want peace of mind or go with a coin flip. With Mi stuff, it's definitely a coin flip. Two failures within a span of two years is pretty atrocious. Not that the bigger brands are immune to it but the frequency is a lot lesser, at least in my experience. Thankfully they've done after sales right while other brands budget brands skimp. Definitely a necessity but also worthwhile to go for the extended warranty with them.

Ended up getting a LG C1 - it's light years ahead of the Xiaomi in every single aspect.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back