Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Hi All,
I'm a happy owner of a Xiaomi Q1 75, for 2 days. Just started to read through the forum, but also some quick questions - maybe someone quicker:
Was there any SW update on this TV so far? My version (Kernel) is 4.19.79+ 14-MAR. Is this the latest one?
Is there a built in media player, I could use to play content from my Synology NAS over the LAN? The pre-installed "Media Player" works with files on USB, I think. Any suggested Media Player, which is working well with this TV? Thanks!
Mine still shows December.. Don't know how they update the firmware?

Berween LG C1 and Sony AF8 oleds that I have, UI snappiness actually goes to C1. AF8 is actually noticially slow comparitively and android tv UI lags miserably. There was a chip upgrade with 'g' versions but I will be surprised if it feels the C1 feel laggy.(kudos to that, it's a feat)
LG processor is inferior though for less than 4k content. Sony reminds you of that every single day.
I recently checked out the LG C8 and was quite surprised that the UI was much snappier than the G1, although the C8 did use an older version of the UI.

Hi All,
I'm a happy owner of a Xiaomi Q1 75, for 2 days. Just started to read through the forum, but also some quick questions - maybe someone quicker:
Was there any SW update on this TV so far? My version (Kernel) is 4.19.79+ 14-MAR. Is this the latest one?
Is there a built in media player, I could use to play content from my Synology NAS over the LAN? The pre-installed "Media Player" works with files on USB, I think. Any suggested Media Player, which is working well with this TV? Thanks!
I have a plex server running on a shield 2017, I use plex client on Q1, it handles all the formats pretty well. My LG soundbar only supports ARC(not EARC), so TrueHD and DTS-MA audio streams are transcoded. If I am downloading DV content, I make sure the audio is not TrueHD/DTS-MA. The shield can play HDR10 with TrueHD/DTS-MA fine with passthrough. I am planning to get a shield-pro 2019 or CCwGTV.
Kodi is also working fine on TV, but I prefer plex.

I have gone through this thread, there sure looks like a lot of issues with this TV some even replacing it 3-4 times.
Is there anyone who did NOT face any issues with this TV and is happy? I am planning to get this TV soon and this thread is making me question my decision.

I have gone through this thread, there sure looks like a lot of issues with this TV some even replacing it 3-4 times.
Is there anyone who did NOT face any issues with this TV and is happy? I am planning to get this TV soon and this thread is making me question my decision.
I don't think you will get a TV without ANY issue.
I am satisfied with the TV. Probably one of the reasons, I don't use Native APPs of the TV. I have a Firestick4k and a Nvidia Shield TV connected to it.
If you are planning to use the native Apps of the TV you might face a bit of UI slowness (weak processor) and other issues associated with the OS.

I don't think you will get a TV without ANY issue.
I am satisfied with the TV. Probably one of the reasons, I don't use Native APPs of the TV. I have a Firestick4k and a Nvidia Shield TV connected to it.
If you are planning to use the native Apps of the TV you might face a bit of UI slowness (weak processor) and other issues associated with the OS.
I really dont care about the apps/UI. I already have a fire tv 4k which I will be using. I am just worried about panel quality/QA

Dont do it. I've already replaced my Mi TV panel twice in less than 18 months (courtesy the warranty). If you get it, definitely get the extended warranty as there is a possibility that the panel will conk off every 6-9 months. Having said that, their warranty is excellent and hassle free since they replaced the panel on both occasions within a span of 3 days.

the major issue with any OLED is the room reflection. Never owned an OLED TV and it's all based on the reviews.
Thats cuz the blacks are completely black i.e. no light being emitted on the part of the display that is completely black unlike LCDs where a certain amount of light (depending upon the type of display) will be emitted on that portion of the panel which is supposed to be completely black. Having said that, the amount of reflections is dependent on the coating and other technologies that each manufacturer deploys and which can also vary for the same manufacturer depending on the range (such as Sony and their X-wide).

Very selective reading I must say :).

Multiple folks on this thread have stated exactly what you've asked, that they love the TV and have no issues.

Anyway - if budget is not a concern, then do go ahead and buy a much more expensive alternate - the govt. will be pleased with the additional GST revenue

Multiple folks on this thread have stated exactly what you've asked, that they love the TV and have no issues.

Anyway - if budget is not a concern, then do go ahead and buy a much more expensive alternate - the govt. will be pleased with the additional GST revenue
There is no need to be sarcastic here and tease someone for their choices.

Well I won't be honest if I say I didn't face any issue. My problem is that my dog likes this TV a lot and he is not accustomed to the remote provided by MI. In that process especially while operating the remote he has chewed it twice. Replacement remote is not available on MI site, so I bought similar from MI site, that again was chewed by him. Later I replaced with Amazon fire stick remote and somehow that is working fine.

Moreover, I had major eARC compatibility issue between this TV and Yamaha 3067. I loved the TV so much that I ended up replacing the Yamaha with Denon x2700h. This led to further issues with this TV as combination of a 75in TV and a 5.1.2 AVR necessitated the need to update the speaker's, especially installing ceiling speakers. Which was a major issue that I have to overcome with.

So yeah, have faced multiple issues since I have bought this TV.

this tv represents the image of Chinese home brands.
they save money on testing, whether at component level or at a finished product stage.
So without reliable QA in place, it depends on the customer's luck whether he gets a good piece or a dud.
Extended warranty is a additional cost.
The nuisance of repeatedly sending a everyday use item for repairs is another factor.
What will be interesting to study is whether the Chinese are diverting the shoddier stuff to 3rd world markets while taking more care with their products in the west ?
Also considering a spend of anything around a lakh as "cheap" is wrong. The government should step in to force all manufacturers to give a minimum warranty of at least 3 years , even if it forces the prices up. This will compel the Chinese to maintain a certain quality or it will become uneconomical for them to keep on repairing stuff for 3 years.

What will be interesting to study is whether the Chinese are diverting the shoddier stuff to 3rd world markets while taking more care with their products in the west ?
This is true. Comparatively TCL TV's in USA competes with LG and Samsung whereas in India we do not get those models. However, I think MI TV's are manufactured in India now so not sure why QC is still a problem.

this tv represents the image of Chinese home brands.
they save money on testing, whether at component level or at a finished product stage.
So without reliable QA in place, it depends on the customer's luck whether he gets a good piece or a dud.
Extended warranty is a additional cost.
The nuisance of repeatedly sending a everyday use item for repairs is another factor.
Also considering a spend of anything around a lakh as "cheap" is wrong. The government should step in to force all manufacturers to give a minimum warranty of at least 3 years , even if it forces the prices up. This will compel the Chinese to maintain a certain quality or it will become uneconomical for them to keep on repairing stuff for 3 years.
Or get the extended warranty! ;)

The firmware on my tv is QTG3.200305.006.2148 with march 2021 security patch. Is there a newer version?

The firmware on my tv is QTG3.200305.006.2148 with march 2021 security patch. Is there a newer version?
Mine is an earlier firmware - QTG3.200305.006.1328 with 5Dec2020 security patch. Checking manually for a firmware update shows I'm on the latest version. Looks like Xiaomi is not focusing on updates to this TV.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back