Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Ended up getting a LG C1 - it's light years ahead of the Xiaomi in every single aspect.

Good choice.
Honestly, its unfair to compare the two.

Not really... In fact, not at all.

I have a Mi 4X 65" which was released some 3 years ago as well as the current LG G1 65".

Firstly, the LG G1 is downright disappointing and seems light years behind the Mi 65" when it comes to the UI. The UI of the Mi is snappier and near instantaneous whereas the LG G1 is supremely laggy and at times, downright infuriating. While a person's brain may adjust to the LG's slow interface, its hard to do so when you are living alongside the Mi 4X 65" plus a Sony x9500G 65" which I daresay is even more fluid.

Then comes upscaling. With 1080P content on Youtube, the Mi does a perceptibly better job than the LG G1.

Third comes peace of mind. Since i use my G1 as my PC's display and watch a lot of news, i'm constantly worried about burn in, so much so that i consciously play varied content, despite having no inclination whatsoever to do so, simply to get the screen moving.

Fourth comes image retention - when moving from one static screen to another (mostly if not entirely in PC use case scnearios), there's visible image retention for a good 4-5 seconds from time to time. While such image retention is infrequent and disappears as soon as you get the image on the screen moving, it is very much noticeable in the aforementioned scenario i mentioned.

Fifth is the infurating care settings that recommend i turn off the screen for 5 minutes to allow pixel cleaning when i switch on the TV from time to time. Why would i want to turn off my TV for 5 minutes when I'd turned it on to consume some content right away? but then, not doing so brings the aforementioned anxiety of burn-in.

It may not be correct to dismiss the mighty mouse that is Mi, especially in a comparison against an LG Oled.

Last edited:
I have a Mi 4X 65" which was released some 3 years ago as well as the current LG G1 65".
You've conveniently put down all flaws and forgotten about how good the G1 is as a display.

I find it hard to believe that WebOS has lag or is laggy. Its one of the most intuitive user interfaces ever on a TV.
Burn in is not limited to the G1. Its across all Oled's (even some led-lcd). If thats a problem for you and your use case, you don't buy Oled. That said, good luck finding anything better than your G1 when it comes to TV that can work well as a gaming display. Its not often you find something like this.

If you look hard for image retention you're going to find it. I don't see this as a defect or flaw.

I mean, seriously, we're talking apples and oranges here. A flagship, top notch display versus an Mi!

Folks, was away for some time due to professional commitments. Xiaomi provided a 4th replacement TV after i changed my AVR to a Denon from my previous Yamaha. To provide some context, my old Yamaha AVR was having HDMI EDID issues with the TV, causing the TV HDMI ports to conk out (please refer to my previous posts). All features are working as expected including eARC (though I don't use this feature). My queries to the forum members:
1. Since I use a Harmony hub to control my various HT components, I have added the Mi TV as a Xiaomi set top box. This offers only basic power on/off control using the Harmony hub. Has anyone been able to add the TV to Harmony so as to get additional control options?
2. Sometimes, as is the case with Harmony, all components don't get switched on. The TV has a particularly annoying feature of switching to the default TV patchwall home screen if no signal is detected. Is there a way to disable this feature? This is important since after retriggering the Harmony activity using help, the TV stays on the last known input, which, in this case would be the default TV patchwall homescreen

Cheers
Harsha

You've conveniently put down all flaws and forgotten about how good the G1 is as a display.
Not at all. I was simply responding to @SteveRPenny's observation that the C1 was better in every single respect. It isn't. I haven't forgotten or am overlooking the LG G1's strengths. That's already been beaten to death. In fact, I got the G1 for its strengths i.e. Good response times, perfect blacks, VRR and colours). However, since i have lived with both TVs for some time now, i thought of sharing what the Mi did better, especially in view of the carte blanche statement that the C1 was better in every single respect.
I find it hard to believe that WebOS has lag or is laggy. Its one of the most intuitive user interfaces ever on a TV.
There are some things that are belief and can be true depending on the person. WebOS being intuitive is one of them. Its subjective. Who am I to say one interface is better than the other? I don't consider it to be so. But that's my opinion.

What is not opinion or in the realm of belief is lag. Its there. And its very palpable. Menus take a good second or two more to open than the Mi 4X 65" as well as the Sony X9500G. I believe 'lag' is an appropriate term to describe a situation when a function on screen takes a percentible time to respond after you've pressed a button on the remote instead of being instantaneous. As i frequently keep changing settings for picture calibration, sound, inputs etc., that extra second or two marks down the experience.

Now, whether lag marks down the experience is subjective. For me, it does as I am used to much faster menu response times.

Menu response times amongst my current TVs in the order of hierarchy is as follows: Sony X9500G>Sony W800>Mi 4X(became slower when the panel was replaced but still faster than the LG G1)>LG G1.

When it comes to being intuitive, in my humble opinion, its the Sony X9500G>Mi 4X>LG G1>Sony W800 (Though both the Sony X9500G and Mi have Android TV, the Sony has a better layout when it comes to the settings in my opinion and allows greater flexibility without adding to the complexity. The G1 relies too much on going back and forth between sub menus to change picture settings and is plagued with slow response times to boot. However, its not unintuitive. The W800 has very fast menu response times but is a bit unintuitive and complicated for my tiny brain - it explodes every single time i try to change a setting).
Burn in is not limited to the G1. Its across all Oled's (even some led-lcd). If thats a problem for you and your use case, you don't buy Oled.
Again, im not trying to attack LG or for that matter, the G1 or C1 or OLEDS in general. I am very well aware of burn in issues on all OLEDs. But is it a limitation compared to LCD-LEDs since burn is a thing of the past for them? I believe so.

In fact, i got the Sony X9500G after the LG G1 because of the latter's limitation regarding burn in, especially considering my use case scenario and the anxiety that comes along with it (Also, because i wanted a bright panel which the G1 wasn't). While I initially thought that burn in wouldn't be an issue considering picture shift, logo dimming, so on and so forth, however, after i saw on the Rtings youtube channel that burn in happened despite a moving picture (it was news), my anxiety levels, which i underestimated initially, grew further and compelled the purchase of the Sony.
That said, good luck finding anything better than your G1 when it comes to TV that can work well as a gaming display. Its not often you find something like this.
Why do i need a better gaming display? I have the G1 :p. If this thing costs as much as it does and does not deliver on that front, that'd be mighty disappointing. I hope not. Well, its not disappointed so far. Have to keep a look out for those FiFa bars though - on a Rtings test, those bars were permanently burned in.

Having said that, I haven't gamed on the Sony X9500G yet as it was a very recent purchase but I'll report back on how it compares to the G1. Insofar as brightness levels are concerned, the Sony is simply scintillating during HDR videos on youtube so HDR performance in games should be good as well.
If you look hard for image retention you're going to find it. I don't see this as a defect or flaw.
I wasn't looking hard. i wasn't looking for it at all. But it was there. Very evidently so. At first, i was quite alarmed as i assumed it was burn in. You see, I had never experienced image retention on any of my TV's till the G1. However, when the image went away and i did some further investigating, I became aware of this phenomenon for the first time.
I mean, seriously, we're talking apples and oranges here. A flagship, top notch display versus an Mi!
Exactly! While i expected the LG G1 to blow the Mi away in every single aspect when i first installed it, i was pleasantly surprised (and disappointed at the same time) that it did not. On the other hand, the Sony blows away the Mi in every single aspect (except the remote perhaps - could have done with a smaller one but again, thats an opinion and therefore, subjective ;))!

Last edited:
I have this TV for about 6 months now. I have no complaints about the picture quality and all

Only two things I can say:
1. The processor is not up to par.
2. Bright room, not good. This doesn't hurt me, coz i like staying in the dark even during the day. Kinda like a bat!

Reading comparisons between a G1 and the Q1, just boggles my mind. For the same screen size, a TV that is almost Rs. 300,000, to one that is less than half the cost. It isn't even a comparison.

Last edited:
I have this TV for about 6 months now. I have no complaints about the picture quality and all

Only two things I can say:
1. The processor is not up to par.
2. Bright room, not good. This doesn't hurt me, coz i like staying in the dark even during the day. Kinda like a bat!

Reading comparisons between a G1 and the Q1, just boggles my mind. For the same screen size, a TV that is almost Rs. 300,000, to one that is less than half the cost. It isn't even a comparison.
It isn't. The G1 is the better TV overall, no doubt. But does it do everything better than the Mi? No!

Speaking about a 3,00,000 TV that does everything better than the Mi 4X - enter the Sony X95G.

Before everybody's heads start exploding, let me clarify that I'm not saying the X95G is a better TV than the LG G1. The G1 does a lot of things better than the Sony. But the Sony trumps the Mi in every single aspect while the G1 does not.

It isn't. The G1 is the better TV overall, no doubt. But does it do everything better than the Mi? No!

Speaking about a 3,00,000 TV that does everything better than the Mi 4X - enter the Sony X95G.

Before everybody's heads start exploding, let me clarify that I'm not saying the X95G is a better TV than the LG G1. The G1 does a lot of things better than the Sony. But the Sony trumps the Mi in every single aspect while the G1 does not.
Rock paper scissors!

Not sure what the point you are trying to make. To be honest, I am confused by the post.

The G1 beats Q1 in every single thing. The brightness might be a point. But that is OLED vs QLED debate. Not a G1 vs Q1 thing.

Not sure what the point you are trying to make. To be honest, I am confused by the post.
The point was that the G1 wasn’t superior to the Mi in every single respect. I thought it was context enough when i quoted steve’s post.
The G1 beats Q1 in every single thing. The brightness might be a point. But that is OLED vs QLED debate. Not a G1 vs Q1 thing.
Not really… not all LCDs are brighter than OLEDs. Again, the Sony A90j can go brighter than the Q1 despite being an OLED. it was a TV to TV comparison.

My Sony 9300D, a 3D TV with brightness unmatched by any other LCD model of Sony with local (frame dimming, not full array) dimming and excellent contrast for a brief day or few hours felt better than the CX. But on varying content observation, the old demons of lcd TV's limitations started becoming visible. Also let's not forget light emisive technologies are generally bleeding/blooming/vignetting-free but does not crush shadows and they need niche recipient eyes that can admire the beauty of infinite contrast in dim setting. Q1 is an entry level QLED FALD and can be bright and may check a few boxes. However Mi is a caveat emptor brand. If the same were to be from the big three we may atleast hold them for comparison. This is not worthy of comparison with flagship models of other bigger brands.

Berween LG C1 and Sony AF8 oleds that I have, UI snappiness actually goes to C1. AF8 is actually noticially slow comparitively and android tv UI lags miserably. There was a chip upgrade with 'g' versions but I will be surprised if it feels the C1 feel laggy.(kudos to that, it's a feat)
LG processor is inferior though for less than 4k content. Sony reminds you of that every single day.

I thought you have the CX 55 and A8H65 or is it a typo ?
Sony A8F only. LG is a CX, not C1..

A8H is much faster I gather. Starting A8G itself sony started doing optimizations for android tv. Newer tvs with full bluetooth remote also helps.

A8F does not even have a bluetooth remote. IR remote is pretty slow for navigation etc. Uses bluetooth only for voice commands, rest is all IR.

Hi All,
I'm a happy owner of a Xiaomi Q1 75, for 2 days. Just started to read through the forum, but also some quick questions - maybe someone quicker:
Was there any SW update on this TV so far? My version (Kernel) is 4.19.79+ 14-MAR. Is this the latest one?
Is there a built in media player, I could use to play content from my Synology NAS over the LAN? The pre-installed "Media Player" works with files on USB, I think. Any suggested Media Player, which is working well with this TV? Thanks!

You could use PLEX or Emby for local files.
My set, (bought in October) also has the 14-MAR. It says that's the latest whenever I try to search manually.

Hi All,
I'm a happy owner of a Xiaomi Q1 75, for 2 days. Just started to read through the forum, but also some quick questions - maybe someone quicker:
Was there any SW update on this TV so far? My version (Kernel) is 4.19.79+ 14-MAR. Is this the latest one?
Is there a built in media player, I could use to play content from my Synology NAS over the LAN? The pre-installed "Media Player" works with files on USB, I think. Any suggested Media Player, which is working well with this TV? Thanks!
Use Plex and point your network storage to the server. It's intuitive, headache-free and does a stellar job out of the box.

Cheers

Hi All,
For NAS, Plex. If you are just plugging in a USB, VLC does everything you need.

Yeah there was a software update. The Google interface changed completely i think last week. I don't normally notice when it changes, coz most of the time I spend on Fire TV.

The point was that the G1 wasn’t superior to the Mi in every single respect. I thought it was context enough when i quoted steve’s post.

Not really… not all LCDs are brighter than OLEDs. Again, the Sony A90j can go brighter than the Q1 despite being an OLED. it was a TV to TV comparison.
Na... FALDs will always give higher peak brightness than top line OLEDs. It's just not comparable. And just brightness is not the only thing, otherwise we just would have been staring at the sun.

As far as Q1 and G1 is concerned, the G1 trumps the Q1 in everything. It's not even a contest. Having used both, if I was as rich as my uncle, I wouldn't even have bothered about the Q1. But then again, burn in was a real pain point for me coz of the content I watch.

Last edited:
Na... FALDs will always give higher peak brightness than top line OLEDs. It's just not comparable.
You've made a rather careless statement I'm afraid. Lets not state anything that comes to our mind unless its an opinion and ergo, subjective.

While this forum is a place to exchange ideas and information, its a good habit to fact check while posting as other people,FMs as well as guests, rely upon them.

Brightness is objective and measurable. People have done the tests and the results are available across a number of websites.
And just brightness is not the only thing, otherwise we just would have been staring at the sun.
Then I guess since my preferred drink of choice for all occasions is beer, i must be meandering around barley/wheat fields all day long.

You seem to be missing the point again. T0 clarify, I said the G1 is not better than the Mi in every single respect.
As far as Q1 and G1 is concerned, the G1 trumps the Q1 in everything. It's not even a contest. Having used both, if I was as rich as my uncle, I wouldn't even have bothered about the Q1. But then again, burn in was a real pain point for me coz of the content I watch.
A bit of an ambiguous statement. Looks like you're undecided yourself. While you value the strengths of an OLED far more over that of LCDs and therefore, would go for one if you had the funds, you've been candid in admitting that its not the best TV for you, or for that matter and really what is in issue - better than the Q1 considering your use case scenario.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back