Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

My current setup consists of the Mi TV Q1 connected to a 5.1.2 setup with a Denon X1600H. The TV can passthrough DD+ Atmos from Netflix, Prime, Plex, Kodi and in-built player. However, wanted to ask if there's anyway by which the default player or the Plex App could play 4k movies witth Dolby TrueHD Atmos tracks. Currently Plex shows that it is not capable to do so, however, the TV has eARC.. Any answers would be highly appreciated

My current setup consists of the Mi TV Q1 connected to a 5.1.2 setup with a Denon X1600H. The TV can passthrough DD+ Atmos from Netflix, Prime, Plex, Kodi and in-built player. However, wanted to ask if there's anyway by which the default player or the Plex App could play 4k movies witth Dolby TrueHD Atmos tracks. Currently Plex shows that it is not capable to do so, however, the TV has eARC.. Any answers would be highly appreciated

I don't think this TV can do TrueHD. Actually no TV does TrueHD or DTS-HD as those won't be played on the TV unless you rip or pirate from BluRay.
Plex won't do TrueHD. Not an issue with the TV I think.
That's false. Plex will just passthrough whatever video and audio you have if the client supports it.

No TV supports TrueHD and hence it seems that way, but Plex plays TrueHD just fine on capable clients like a PC or Nvidia Shield.

I don't think this TV can do TrueHD. Actually no TV does TrueHD or DTS-HD as those won't be played on the TV unless you rip or pirate from BluRay.

That's false. Plex will just passthrough whatever video and audio you have if the client supports it.

No TV supports TrueHD and hence it seems that way, but Plex plays TrueHD just fine on capable clients like a PC or Nvidia Shield.
Thanks a ton. Thought the same because Plex is passing through TrueHD from my laptop just fine. Any idea if there are any cheaper alternatives to the Shield Pro/Shield which can pass through Atmos TrueHD?

Thanks a ton. Thought the same because Plex is passing through TrueHD from my laptop just fine. Any idea if there are any cheaper alternatives to the Shield Pro/Shield which can pass through Atmos TrueHD?
There's Apple TV 4k which with infuse will convert TrueHD to ALAC and conserve the lossless nature, but you will lose Atmos metadata.

Apart from Shield or Apple TV 4k, there's no player which can pass through TrueHD. And only Shield can do Atmos.

The 2019 Tube shield in the US can be had for $150, and there are plenty guys selling for 14-15k here in India if you look for it. Else you can get it from a relative/friend when he comes to India. And it's not just Atmos TrueHD, you also get Nvidia's upscaling, fast processor, Dolby Vision Profile 7 playback etc etc.. I'd say it's worth it.
mi box check once
No it doesn't.

There's Apple TV 4k which with infuse will convert TrueHD to ALAC and conserve the lossless nature, but you will lose Atmos metadata.

Apart from Shield or Apple TV 4k, there's no player which can pass through TrueHD. And only Shield can do Atmos.

The 2019 Tube shield in the US can be had for $150, and there are plenty guys selling for 14-15k here in India if you look for it. Else you can get it from a relative/friend when he comes to India. And it's not just Atmos TrueHD, you also get Nvidia's upscaling, fast processor, Dolby Vision Profile 7 playback etc etc.. I'd say it's worth it.

No it doesn't.
If it's between the Tube or the Pro, I'd rather go for the Pro version considering it allows for a Plex Media Server. Wanted to ask if it'd be worth it to ship through Amazon International which claims it'll cost me around $300

If it's between the Tube or the Pro, I'd rather go for the Pro version considering it allows for a Plex Media Server.
Not sure if that's a great idea. On a PC with Plex media server, you get plenty of options to edit the library, use powerrename and attach the library

Nvidia shield doesn't support hardware acceleration of transcoding VP9 for example. Keep in mind that you'll need Plex pass for hardware transcoding at all. Also, you'll have to attach a NAS to the shield which itself costs big if your storage is bigger.

I just use Windows storage spaces on my PC. I have 5x 6TB HDDs in the PC case and have set them up in 1x parity. The entire storage shows up as just D drive and I can manage the library from the PC itself.

A good 5-bay NAS would cost at least 40-60k.
Wanted to ask if it'd be worth it to ship through Amazon International which claims it'll cost me around $300
Yes, I'd say so. Unless you wait for an FM to sell it (there is roughly 1 for sale every month) or get it from a family member/friend in US.

I should make a separate thread for Plex users I believe.

My Mi TV Q1 75" was installed on a tabletop yesterday. The tv is slightly leaning backwards, is it normal? The guy who installed the TV assured me it is supposed to be that way, but it looks very odd!

My Mi TV Q1 75" was installed on a tabletop yesterday. The tv is slightly leaning backwards, is it normal? The guy who installed the TV assured me it is supposed to be that way, but it looks very odd!

Not sure if this is normal. Can you share a pic sideways to show the incline

Guys anyone using native (inbuilt) player for playing Dolby vision files? checked one file and it showed 1080p in info though it’s a 4K file!
Not sure what’s going on!

Can owners of this tv comment on how good or bad the set top box content upscaling of this tv is ? And if someone has compared it to other 75inch tvs under 2 lakhs like Sony X80J, Samsung AU8000 , LG UP8000 ?

Can owners of this tv comment on how good or bad the set top box content upscaling of this tv is ? And if someone has compared it to other 75inch tvs under 2 lakhs like Sony X80J, Samsung AU8000 , LG UP8000 ?

I haven't compared with other TV but can tell you that SD content on this TV looks bad. HD channels are decent (specially fast action and sports) when compared to OTT. The TV shines in 4K HDR content

No it doesn't.
I have an intel nuc and run kodi on it....passes through all formats

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back