Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Hello All,

I bought the Mi Q1 75 in November. My unit is having DSE. There is a continuous dark patch, slightly yellowish around the border. Please see the attached images. The horizontal stripes are camera artifacts. The DSE is more pronounced in the blue sky images.

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-08_00-28-05.jpg
    photo_2022-02-08_00-28-05.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 57
  • photo_2022-02-08_00-28-10.jpg
    photo_2022-02-08_00-28-10.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 55
Hello All,

I bought the Mi Q1 75 in November. My unit is having DSE. There is a continuous dark patch, slightly yellowish around the border. Please see the attached images. The horizontal stripes are camera artifacts. The DSE is more pronounced in the blue sky images.
That's vignetting, not DSE. Every LCD TV will have some vignetting around the corners and edges due to how the technology works.

This is completely normal.

That's vignetting, not DSE. Every LCD TV will have some vignetting around the corners and edges due to how the technology works.

This is completely normal.
Ok I see. Well I wasn't sure. It appears more darker in real than in photos. Leading me to think it was DSE. Can you please check this another photo taken in complete darkness and let me know if there are any issues. Also, can vignetting get worse over time? It's is visible while watching some content. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220208_005428.jpg
    20220208_005428.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 36
I'm having issue while watching amazon prime with content having Dolby vision, the TV brightness goes up and cannot reduce it, and remote doesn't help. This is while playing content from TV local android player. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

I'm having issue while watching amazon prime with content having Dolby vision, the TV brightness goes up and cannot reduce it, and remote doesn't help. This is while playing content from TV local android player. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.
I think there are different Dolby vision settings in the Mi settings - Vision Dark and Vision Bright (or similar names). Choose the "dark" setting - and see if that helps.

Hello guys,
I’m planning to buy a 75” QLED TV, in my country we have two options (and they’re imported from the Indian/Asian market). It’s either TCL 75C728 or Xiaomi M1 Q1 75”

Which is better overall as a product? regardless of price.

Thank you very much, also perhaps it could help in the suggestion, the environment the tv is going to be in is very bright in the daytime and very dark in nighttime.

Hello guys,
I’m planning to buy a 75” QLED TV, in my country we have two options (and they’re imported from the Indian/Asian market). It’s either TCL 75C728 or Xiaomi M1 Q1 75”

Which is better overall as a product? regardless of price.

Thank you very much, also perhaps it could help in the suggestion, the environment the tv is going to be in is very bright in the daytime and very dark in nighttime.
I've not used the TCL option so can't comment about it. I have owned the Q1 for around a year, very happy with it, works well in a high light environment, and brilliant in a dark environment! 2 other friends have bought the Q1 as well, and all 3 of us are very happy with the Q1.

I've not used the TCL option so can't comment about it. I have owned the Q1 for around a year, very happy with it, works well in a high light environment, and brilliant in a dark environment! 2 other friends have bought the Q1 as well, and all 3 of us are very happy with the Q1.
Same here. Has been satisfying experience so far...

Thank you for your input, in terms of picture quality and colors is it superb?

Thank you for your input, in terms of picture quality and colors is it superb?
Stunning - and I went to a friends house and watched a couple of the OLED specific video clips on Youtube on his LG 65" OLED, and then the same clips on my Mi 75" QLED, the difference was barely perceptible to me.

I agree with @Globetrot .
I have Mi 75" and 55" OLED C9. I watched same content on both and don't see a difference unless I watch it in completely dark room.
While I don't have any complaint in PQ side but UI responsiveness/stability is not that great.
Since I have Nvidia ShieldTV, I don't use native Android UI of the TV and I am Satisfied with Mi 75.

The local service center guys in Gurgaon don't have the latest v3270 firmware for 75" qled, they have 2148 only.

Incase you're on a version less than 2148, I would advise you to contact your local service center for upgrade to 2148. In case you're not able to get them to upgrade, you can message me, I can possibly arrange an upgrade file you can use yourself.

The local service center guys in Gurgaon don't have the latest v3270 firmware for 75" qled, they have 2148 only.

Incase you're on a version less than 2148, I would advise you to contact your local service center for upgrade to 2148. In case you're not able to get them to upgrade, you can message me, I can possibly arrange an upgrade file you can use yourself.
What are the improvements in the new firmware?

What are the improvements in the new firmware?
v2148 changelog - v3270 changelog - not provided -
Upgrading can be a mixed bag. On one hand you get to be on a newer security release and have bugfixes, but on the other hand there is always the possibility of the upgrade breaking something for you.

ARC has been a constant pain for me so I'm hopeful somehow it gets fixed but I don't have much hope. Will be buying a HDMI 2.1 DV AVR soon.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back