Yamaha AVR owners thread

Is any one here using RX V481 AVR?
RX-V481 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

If yes, can you please give your suggestion if its good for movies?

Hi Nipun,

When I last spoke to Pro-FX, I was told that it is a successor to RX-V479 with the addition of HDCP2.2 for all HDMI ports, no other modifications.

So performance remains the same as RX-V479 which IMO is a pretty decent performer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

This is extremely strange. Thanks to this thread on our forum, I too tried this on my 473 and the receiver finally turned on. I did not understand why this happened though.

My Yamaha RX-V577 which was having the blinking light issue which happened after I mistakenly plugged the main socket into the wrong port of the step down transformer (230v instead of 110) was left at the repairer for a year but to no avail in fixing it.I recently decided to take it back home after trying other Techninician.

I was sitting on my couch these mourning surfing the web and something just told me to google blinking light issue as regards the Yamaha and I saw the 'hifivison thread' I tried kneo suggestion and voila it came on. I was excited that I rushed to call my wife to see what just happen. She was very excited.

I want to thank hifivison and kneo for saving my amp.

This is extremely strange. Thanks to this thread on our forum, I too tried this on my 473 and the receiver finally turned on. I did not understand why this happened though.

My Yamaha RX-V577 which was having the blinking light issue which happened after I mistakenly plugged the main socket into the wrong port of the step down transformer (230v instead of 110) was left at the repairer for a year but to no avail in fixing it.I recently decided to take it back home after trying other Techninician.

I was sitting on my couch these mourning surfing the web and something just told me to google blinking light issue as regards the Yamaha and I saw the 'hifivison thread' I tried kneo suggestion and voila it came on. I was excited that I rushed to call my wife to see what just happen. She was very excited.

I want to thank hifivison and kneo for saving my amp.

Hi,
Recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver and Panasonic BDT380 Blu Ray player. Video output from the receiver is to the Projector.
When i played a normal DVD in the Pano BD player, the movie size is abnormal, half, dont see the full image. :sad:
If i connect the BD player to my 50" LED TV directly, its works fine.
Having this half image issue only for this connections (Blu Ray player --> Receiver --> Projector).

can any one help to resolve this.

Thanks,
Subbu

Got myself a Yamaha RX V681 from Profx Mumbai, loving it so far.

My Tannoys sound more lively than before than with the earlier receiver (Denon) which I had.
I am enjoying the Music and the movie experience with the new receiver.
Glad to be a part of Yamaha family now.

Got myself a Yamaha RX V681 from Profx Mumbai, loving it so far.

My Tannoys sound more lively than before than with the earlier receiver (Denon) which I had.
I am enjoying the Music and the movie experience with the new receiver.
Glad to be a part of Yamaha family now.
Can you please mention the Denon model, you were comparing?

Drive safe,
JVS

I have a minimal 2 speaker configuration for my Yamaha RX-V371.
I have read about Virtual DSP in the manual.
Will it get automatically switched on if we switch to a sound field program other than Straight/2 channel?
Do we get any info regarding this in the display?
Please advise.

Hi all, was planning to buy the Yamaha Aventage rx-a 860 but as the stock was not arriving for long I finally purchased the Yamaha RX-A781. This is to replace my yamaha RX-V667 that served me well for long.

Will it get automatically switched on if we switch to a sound field program other than Straight/2 channel?
Please advise.
I think only pure direct will bypass dsp. Not so sure about straight.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Hi all, was planning to buy the Yamaha Aventage rx-a 860 but as the stock was not arriving for long I finally purchased the Yamaha RX-A781. This is to replace my yamaha RX-V667 that served me well for long.

Congrats on the purchase. :clapping:
Please give us all a short review of the product. :)

I have been told from the store in Caribbean that I can register my AVR on yamaha website and it will cover warranty in India as well. Can anyone confirm if Yamaha provides international warranty on their AVR?

I have been told from the store in Caribbean that I can register my AVR on yamaha website and it will cover warranty in India as well. Can anyone confirm if Yamaha provides international warranty on their AVR?
I don't think so. I purchased my A810 from UK in 2012. I'm in India now. However I didn't have to go to a service center so far. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Please advise.

Satson,

Virtual Cinema DSP is automatically selected when running with only 2 speakers, same when you switch to Headphone it selects SILENT Cinema option, hope that helps.

BR,
Rajiv

I don't think so. I purchased my A810 from UK in 2012. I'm in India now. However I didn't have to go to a service center so far. Fingers crossed.

I went into this online site and was successful in registering my product with the original country purchased from as Saint Martin and my home address as India and it was successful with the product serial number.
https://member.yamaha.com/
Don't know if it has validated my warranty.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back