Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hi All,

Need some help deciding speakers for RX-V581. I am a first timer on this forum and looking at some help getting advice on right towers for the Amp.

I have auditioned Polk A5 and Jamo 628 and Jamo 526 plus Klipsch 82. Utterly confused with what to buy. My budget for speakers is somewhere around 55k. I would mainly be listening to Music with very limited use on Movies.

Any help deciding speakers will be highly appreciated. Not sure if this is the right thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week I bought ELAC Debut Series speakers for YAMAHA RX-V581. If you are not very specific about the towers, go for the Debut Bookshelf Speakers which would be true value for money.

https://www.elac.com/series/debut/

In particular, B6 will fulfill your needs. It will go very well with YAMAHA RX-V581. It has amazing lows (Goes as low as 40Hz), highs and can fill the room with best in class output.

Add a good subwoofer which can go as low as 25Hz, it will be truly an amazing experience.

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

Does anyone owns Yamaha Subwoofer? I will like to know the performance and quality.

At Present I am using Yamaha RXV 481 with Boston Acoustics A26 and looking to get a sub for better movies and music experience.

Regards
Amit Nigam

Hi all,

My home theatre setup consists of the following configuration. I need your guidance to setup the cross over to get the best of the output. My subwoofer is new (received yesterday only), so I want to reconfigure it once again and come up with the best configuration.

5.1 Configuration

Receiver - YAMAHA RX-V581
Front Speakers - ELAC Debut Series - B6 - 120W - 44Hz - 20KHz (87 dB)
Center Speaker - ELAC Debut Series - C5 - 120W - 48Hz - 20KHz (87 dB)
Rear Speakers - ELAC Debut Series - B5 - 120W - 46Hz - 20KHz (85 dB)
Sub woofer - BIC Acoustech PL-200 - 250 RMS Continuous (1000W Peak) - 22Hz - 200Hz (110 dB)

Share your thoughts to setup my receiver to get the best sound quality out of it.

Hi all,

My home theatre setup consists of the following configuration. I need your guidance to setup the cross over to get the best of the output. My subwoofer is new (received yesterday only), so I want to reconfigure it once again and come up with the best configuration.

5.1 Configuration

Receiver - YAMAHA RX-V581
Sub woofer - BIC Acoustech PL-200 - 250 RMS Continuous (1000W Peak) - 22Hz - 200Hz (110 dB)

Share your thoughts to setup my receiver to get the best sound quality out of it.

Connect the sub and run YPAO which will set the levels and crossover. Yamaha may set the fronts to "large". Set all speaker to "small". Play some movies/music and see how it performs. You can tweak the YPAO setting.
Crossover near 80Hz is recommended. Pls post the YPAO setting once it is done..

Connect the sub and run YPAO which will set the levels and crossover. Yamaha may set the fronts to "large". Set all speaker to "small". Play some movies/music and see how it performs. You can tweak the YPAO setting.
Crossover near 80Hz is recommended. Pls post the YPAO setting once it is done..

I am sure YPAO will do its calibration but we surely cannot go to its settings. As you suggested, the tweak will improve the audio quality.

But as per the frequency range I gave, there should be thumb rule as to what range the cross over should be set to get the best sound.

I am looking for such details.

I am sure YPAO will do its calibration but we surely cannot go to its settings. As you suggested, the tweak will improve the audio quality.

But as per the frequency range I gave, there should be thumb rule as to what range the cross over should be set to get the best sound.

I am looking for such details.

I will suggest to set the crossover in AVR settings - 60 or 80 Hz, and turn the crossover knob to full at 5 o clock position , on Sub.

Hi all,

I remember reading somewhere that we can bump up the levels of individual channels when the sensitivity of speakers do not match for all the 5 channels. In above case through LRC rating is the same, rear is slightly less, so try increasing the individual speaker level of rear to match that of LFE. Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Friends,
I have a Yamaha 677 AVR from last 2 years connected with Q acoustics 3020 , 3000 centre and Wharf DFS surrounds. I am facing a peculiar issue. My tatsky HD+ is connected directly to Yamaha via hdmi with dolby digital + in the tatasky settings. And the tatasky provides the DD+ bitstream for HD channels.
Now , every few days the DD+ bitstream gets downgraded to PCM even for HD channels on its own. I can hear the sound clearly degraded from before. All I do to rectify this is to remove the hdmi from tatasky , clean the hdmi terminal and insert it back. I only clean the hdmi plug of the cable, by blowing some air forcefully and nothing else, only at the tatasky end & not the AVR end. And the system again starts transmitting DD+ bitstream or my Yamaha starts accepting DD+ , I cant tell.
I do not have a problem doing this minor chore, but would really like to know what is happening to the hdmi terminal. Is there any carbon build up , dust or anything else I would really like to know from respected members of the forum. BTW , I upgraded to DAC HDMI 2.0 and the issue is continuing in this cable also.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a yamaha av receiver. After some research I found 3067 and rx-v381as per my budget . So, could you please suggest which one is better in terms of sound quality and surround effects.

Thanks!

Hi, When i start my yht 196 AVR it says check sp wire & closes immediately. What's the problem? what should i do? plz help.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Hi, When i start my yht 196 AVR it says check sp wire & closes immediately. What's the problem? what should i do? plz help.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Hello, You'll need to provide more info, have you tried disconnecting the speaker terminals and all external connections and tried powering on your AVR. Did it go into protection mode at any stage?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi ,
Would like to know from any 2060 or 2070 owners can the we configure these in 4 atmos module or limited to just 2 .
Please guide how it can be used for 5.2.4 setup.

Bought 583 for 44k and was offered 683 for 55k and some change. This is in Bangalore

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Was this from Pro-FX or some other dealer ?

ALso what was the Manufactured date of these AVRs, I am getting a good deal for RX-481 from Pro-fx so just curious.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back