Yamaha AVR owners thread

I went into this online site and was successful in registering my product with the original country purchased from as Saint Martin and my home address as India and it was successful with the product serial number.
https://member.yamaha.com/
Don't know if it has validated my warranty.
Let's hope for the best.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I think only pure direct will bypass dsp. Not so sure about straight.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Satson,

Virtual Cinema DSP is automatically selected when running with only 2 speakers, same when you switch to Headphone it selects SILENT Cinema option, hope that helps.

BR,
Rajiv

Thank you guys.
Will there be any info in the display that it is activated?
I hope no!

Posted this as a separate thread till I noticed a separate Yamaha AVR owner's thread...
I own yamaha rx v681. At present I am using full hd tv on hdmi out. I am planning to buy 4k tv. I notice that in menu options in Yamaha - information and video output, the 4k is greyed out. Is it because I don't have 4k tv on hdmi out? Which means yamaha detects that the tv on hdmi out is 4k capable? Not sure. Any help please.

Posted this as a separate thread till I noticed a separate Yamaha AVR owner's thread...
I own yamaha rx v681. At present I am using full hd tv on hdmi out. I am planning to buy 4k tv. I notice that in menu options in Yamaha - information and video output, the 4k is greyed out. Is it because I don't have 4k tv on hdmi out? Which means yamaha detects that the tv on hdmi out is 4k capable? Not sure. Any help please.

The manual of RX-V681 states that the unit automatically senses the resolution supported by the connected TV to the HDMI Out connector. You can disable this by going to advanced setup menu and disable auto monitor check. MON CHECK - SKIP.

The manual of RX-V681 states that the unit automatically senses the resolution supported by the connected TV to the HDMI Out connector. You can disable this by going to advanced setup menu and disable auto monitor check. MON CHECK - SKIP.

Thank you. Will check

Got a Yamaha RX-V581 using with Polk Rti-A5 FS and OWM3 surround with 660i as the sub.
Now i watch Netflix, Amazon prime and youtube most of the times using my Samsung 55" 4K TV. Everything is connected via latest HDMI cable.

Now playing Music only via Airplay i use 2ch stero, which sounds good.

While watching movies on Netflix or amazon prime i select the DSP mode which is selected to Dolby Digital. Now is that the perfect setting or i should either use straight or some other mode.

Now while watching blu-ray movies from my Samsung blu-ray disc player i have selected that the AVR should do the mixing ... So here what setting should i use ... it shows as DTS TRUE HD but after that it also shows as dolby digital ... both of them keep flashing in few seconds gap. Got no idea if what i am using is the best setting or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question is that what should be settings on the AVR to get the best out of your 5.1 system.

Current settings :
All speakers set to "Small"
Crossover 80
And everything sounds outstanding.

Last night i tried the YPAO it changed all the settings from the distance level to the DB and it set the front and centre speakers to large and crossover to 120 and my movies sounded very flat with a very less amount of bass as if something was missing ...
is there any specific setting that will give me the best of my system ... YPAO totally ruined the the whole thing.

Hello Dinesh,

I presume you are running FS for your front L & R. In that case, setting it to large is fine, but crossover can be set to 80Hz or lesser as your FS can go below 80Hz if I'm not wrong. Front should be set to small for satellite and smaller bookshelves speakers which do not have a substantial lower end response.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Hello Dinesh,

I presume you are running FS for your front L & R. In that case, setting it to large is fine, but crossover can be set to 80Hz or lesser as your FS can go below 80Hz if I'm not wrong. Front should be set to small for satellite and smaller bookshelves speakers which do not have a substantial lower end response.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv

Yes i am running FS ( Polk Rti-A5 ) for the front L & R. Sub is Polk 660i.
I will keep the front as Large and will check on how it sounds and revert back tonight.
And what about the centre should it be kept as "Small" ?

This is what I do. I run YAPO a couple of times first. Then I change xo value and db values of each speakers manually till my satisfaction.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in.

Odyssey vs ypao which is better technology ?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Both are proprietary terminologies used by manufacturers. Both are used to calibrate the speakers. Ideally both should be at par when compared in similar price category devices IMHO.

Odyssey vs ypao which is better technology ?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
Frankly neither. At the end of the day you have invested money and time for yourself to listen to the HT. Not the microphone. So set it up without these systems and get the best result. I mean how difficult is it to set distance and levels and type of speakers. Try it out manually and you will be more pleased with the results.

Avr 667 hdmi 1 & 2 not working.
Rest working fine. Happened after 6 yrs all of a sudden.
Can it be corrected by restoring factory settings.
Suggestions please

Hi All,

Need some help deciding speakers for RX-V581. I am a first timer on this forum and looking at some help getting advice on right towers for the Amp.

I have auditioned Polk A5 and Jamo 628 and Jamo 526 plus Klipsch 82. Utterly confused with what to buy. My budget for speakers is somewhere around 55k. I would mainly be listening to Music with very limited use on Movies.

Any help deciding speakers will be highly appreciated. Not sure if this is the right thread.

My networking setup is not working anymore on my 473. Am not able to check firmware too. Should i just replace the firmware?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back