Yamaha AVR owners thread

Upgrade bug bites me :)

Current System
HT: Yamaha RX-v375 + Wharfedale MS-100

Stereo: NAD D3020 + Wharfedale Diamond 225

Upgrade Planned
HT: Yamaha RX-v375 + Wharfedale Diamond 225 + 220C + 10.DFS + D10 SubW

Query
Will Yamaha RX-v375 be able to handle Wharfedale Diamond 200 Speaker Set ?

For information on room size and speaker placement, please checked attached image.

Attachments

• Floor Plan.jpg
    Floor Plan.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 105
Upgrade bug bites me :)

Current System
HT: Yamaha RX-v375 + Wharfedale MS-100

Stereo: NAD D3020 + Wharfedale Diamond 225

Upgrade Planned
HT: Yamaha RX-v375 + Wharfedale Diamond 225 + 220C + 10.DFS + D10 SubW

Query
Will Yamaha RX-v375 be able to handle Wharfedale Diamond 200 Speaker Set ?

For information on room size and speaker placement, please checked attached image.

Quite a sensible upgrade. Yes, RxV375 surely has enough power to drive those speakers in your room. One suggestion, drop the D10 sub and look at BIC america F12/PL200 or emotiva BasX S10 in same budget which should give better performance. You can keep the movistar surrounds for now and increase budget on subwoofer if required.

Wharfedale dx-1se would considered upgrade from wharfedale ms-100?

I am thinking about it.

Since speaker will be in living room. Wharfedale diamond 200 setup seems bigger to me.

Hi folks,

I am newbie setting up a system with recently bought Yamaha 483 receiver and Mission LX2 speakers.

I just have these 2 speakers - so it is a 2.0 setup for now. Playing music or FM works fine.

But when playing movies using HDMI connection, the audio is low and I can hear voice only when I set 'Program' to 2-ch stereo.

Is there some 483 configuration I need to set for yamaha 483 receiver to work with a 2.0 setup ?

thanks
Vijay

Hi, vijay i too buyed yamaha rx v 483 last month. Nothing like that happens with me. Try ypao setup once again or try resetting it.

Today i got a update v1.26 from yamaha which make big difference in sound quality.
Try updating may be it can work for you.

Wharfedale dx-1se would considered upgrade from wharfedale ms-100?

I am thinking about it.

Since speaker will be in living room. Wharfedale diamond 200 setup seems bigger to me.
No that won't be an upgrade at all. Please refrain from doing that. If you want to upgrade but not sure, then just replace the front speakers with a pair of bookshelves. Then decide about the rest.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

But when playing movies using HDMI connection, the audio is low and I can hear voice only when I set 'Program' to 2-ch stereo.

Since you have connected only L/R speakers, go to speaker configuration in setting and set all speaker except L/R to none. Use 'straight' mode for movies.

Last edited:
Hi, vijay i too buyed yamaha rx v 483 last month. Nothing like that happens with me. Try ypao setup once again or try resetting it.

Today i got a update v1.26 from yamaha which make big difference in sound quality.
Try updating may be it can work for you.
Apart from sound quality, it's there any other new feature or changes in the receiver?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Hi, When i start my yht 196 AVR it says check sp wire & closes immediately. What's the problem? what should i do? plz help.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Is your problem solved?

Please make sure that non insulated wires not touching each other

Hey guys, need a little help please...

I am using Taga tav 606SE 5.0+Yht196 AVR.

When I play a movie from a laptop connected to avr, Center channel is not working in "STRAIGHT ENHANCED" mode.
It is working in other modes like 5 channel enhanced, prologic, etc.
(Please note that I did not connect the surrounds in this case)

Is there a trick to make the center channel work in STRAIGNT ENHANCED mode??
Disconnecting the surrounds is the reason for this??

Please suggest guys...
Thanks & Regards
Naveen

Last edited:
Are you playing 2 channel stuff from laptop.? Otherwise your laptop may be down mixing 5 channel to 2 channel audio. Are you using MPC HC in exclusive mode? What is the audio driver setting in laptop? And make sure you have setup the speakers in the AVR accordingly.

I think the problem lies in one of the above steps. Not connecting the surrounds should not be the issue.

For now I used windows media player. I will check its settings. I just got a new laptop... i will install foober, vlc, and mpc hc and try.

It is the same case when i play movies from Amazon prime.

I am also thinking surrounds should not be a problem. Because people doing a step by step build buy fronts and center first.

When I use airtel dth hd as a source, everyrhing was fine. Surely some settings in my laptop.

I will do all the checks you suggested dr_rocket. Thanks a lot for responding !!!

For Amazon prime you may need to set output of laptop as 5 channel (and tick the speakers present). For movie playback, use MPC HC, exclusive mode (google for method), and set output of laptop to 5 channel or 2 channel, won't matter. Some audio codecs (ac3 I think), can't be decoded by AVR, so you have to set laptop output as 5 channel for that.
YouTube is native 2 channel, so in order to apply prologic, you have to set laptop output as 2 channel. If laptop output is 5 channel then AVR can't apply prologic.

Bit confusing but it works for me.

Folks,

I have a virus-related query for Yamaha amps. I have a RX-V483 amp and use bluetooth to play music from a windows 10 laptop (that I have used to download movie torrents).

Can a virus infected mp3 file played over bluetooth infect the 483 amp firmware/ software ?

Folks,

I have a virus-related query for Yamaha amps. I have a RX-V483 amp and use bluetooth to play music from a windows 10 laptop (that I have used to download movie torrents).

Can a virus infected mp3 file played over bluetooth infect the 483 amp firmware/ software ?

Not come across any such virus infection in AVR firmware.

For Amazon prime you may need to set output of laptop as 5 channel (and tick the speakers present). For movie playback, use MPC HC, exclusive mode (google for method), and set output of laptop to 5 channel or 2 channel, won't matter. Some audio codecs (ac3 I think), can't be decoded by AVR, so you have to set laptop output as 5 channel for that.
YouTube is native 2 channel, so in order to apply prologic, you have to set laptop output as 2 channel. If laptop output is 5 channel then AVR can't apply prologic.

Bit confusing but it works for me.

Its a bit confusing... but if we try a few times il get used to it. I tried to bitstream audio a few times. I followed all the steps in some threads, but i failed always:eek:hyeah:. My avr still shows PCM as input signal. I will try out your tips dr_rocket.

Actually i shifted my whole setup to a smaller room. (Earlier it was in a bigger hall) Now there is a huge improvement in sound quality. Im enjoying that with music. Just 2 floorstanders are rocking. :yahoo:

If I can make my center channel work in straight enhanced mode, I can enjoy movies too. Struggling to get it right now. Thanks for all the inputs. If I succeed, il let you know. :)

I have to get an additional aritel dth connection in that room, and plan for a projector in future.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back