Yamaha AVR owners thread

Last edited:
Hi,

My receiver V581 went to protection mode some time back. The main is not powering on and keeps blinking for 10 times and goes off. Any idea how this can be fixed and what causes this issue?

After reading articles online, it says if there is any external power problem the device self protects from any damage.

How to get it work?

Thanks,
Sriram
You can check self diagnostic mode.
You can enter that setup by keeping main power on.Then press and hold Tone and info button at a time ,then press standby/Main on button.
Protection will be canceled and you can check the issue.
Reason will be shown on front display.
lf AVR still refuse to turn on,just power off main switch and try again as if excess current is the issue ,it cant respond fast.
Still lC chip stores history of protection.You can see it by entering sub menu by pressing 4 buttons(scene etc on front panal).
Method of cancelling will be same as previous by using 3 buttons(Tone,info then main on).
History will be shown as P2 -1 and then reason of protection.

Last edited:
You can check self diagnostic mode.
You can enter that setup by keeping main power on.Then press and hold Tone and info button at a time ,then press standby/Main on button.
Protection will be canceled and you can check the issue.
Reason will be shown on front display.
lf AVR still refuse to turn on,just power off main switch and try again as if excess current is the issue ,it cant respond fast.
Still lC chip stores history of protection.You can see it by entering sub menu by pressing 4 buttons(scene etc on front panal).
Method of cancelling will be same as previous by using 3 buttons(Tone,info then main on).
History will be shown as P2 -1 and then reason of protection.

I followed almost the same set of steps referring web.

I didnt pay attention to P2-1 and all which I will take a look today.

Thanks!

I just bought an RX-V681. When I switch on the AVR on startup the AVR auto selects AV1 as input. Any idea how to disable or change this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I just bought an RX-V681. When I switch on the AVR on startup the AVR auto selects AV1 as input. Any idea how to disable or change this?

Hope you are trying to keep hdmi input as default startup input.If it is so try to figure out skip input if available in settings.

[emoji41]

Use hotkeys for switching the system on instead of on/off switch.Hotkeys are button meant for changing the input mode to predefined inputs like TV, FM, Disc etc. An added advantage is that these presets also store the sound setting e.g. for TV you may like to have Dolby Digital but for music just two channel/seven channel stereo.
Rgds

Hello All, (sorry im jumping in the middle...)

I have some audio and video issues with my YHT196 AVR and EGATE P513 PROJECTOR and LG55" TV. Can any one help please....

I connected the setup like this:
Laptop-->HTR2064 AVR--> Egate P513 projector. (All connections are with HDMI cables)

AUDIO PROBLEM
When the AVR is connected to laptop, I am getting 5.1 audio without issues.
But when I add projector to the AVR, the audio is coming from the projector internal speakers.
Audio is not coming out of my AVR and 5.1 speakers.
MY AVR is disappearing in the laptop AUDIO DEVISES list and PROJECTOR is appearing there.

VIDEO PROBLEM
My projector is displaying my laptop desktop screen.
But it is not displaying any of the folders and icons on the desktop.
Even If I play a movie on laptop, still the projector shows my desktop screen saver only.

Can any one address the above issues and help me please...

Additional inof: My LG55" tv never detected my AVR with HDMI connection.
I just managed to send VIDEO from Airtel dth to tv with hdmi cable, and Sent Audio from airtel dth to avr using optical cable.

Last edited:

I have some audio and video issues with my YHT196 AVR and EGATE P513 PROJECTOR and LG55" TV. Can any one help please....

Laptop-->HTR2064 AVR--> Egate P513 projector. (All connections are with HDMI cables)

AUDIO PROBLEM
But when I add projector to the AVR, the audio is coming from the projector internal speakers. Audio is not coming out of my AVR and 5.1 speakers. MY AVR is disappearing in the laptop AUDIO DEVISES list and PROJECTOR is appearing there.

VIDEO PROBLEM
My projector is displaying my laptop desktop screen. But it is not displaying any of the folders and icons on the desktop. Even If I play a movie on laptop, still the projector shows my desktop screen saver only.

Make sure the laptop monitor and Projector displays are 'mirrored' or cloned. Right now I think it's splitting the screen between the two.
Also in your sound card setup it might default to the projector as your audio out. change that to Yamaha receiver.

Thank you Tuff...

I will explore how to make the screen cloned or mirrored.

Regarding audio, I set the receiver as default. But even after that, the moment I switch on the projector, the receiver is "disappearing" from the list of realtek audio devises, and projector is appearing in the list.

(If I keep the mouse pointer on the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of my laptop, it is blinking and fluctuating between receiver & projector audio for a few seconds, and finally the receiver is disappearing.)

Last edited:
If you are using HDMI out from the Laptop, The Realtek audio panel should not be used. Instead use the windows sound manager to switch. You can try disabling the Realtek sound card devices. BTW what version of windows are you using?

its windows 10 tuff..... It looks like windows sound manager is not there in my laptop. I will try to install it. Thanks a lot !!... at least I have some direction to look into :)

AUDIO PROBLEM
But when I add projector to the AVR, the audio is coming from the projector internal speakers.
Audio is not coming out of my AVR and 5.1 speakers.
MY AVR is disappearing in the laptop AUDIO DEVISES list and PROJECTOR is appearing there.

VIDEO PROBLEM
My projector is displaying my laptop desktop screen.
But it is not displaying any of the folders and icons on the desktop.
Even If I play a movie on laptop, still the projector shows my desktop screen saver only.

Additional inof: My LG55" tv never detected my AVR with HDMI connection.
I just managed to send VIDEO from Airtel dth to tv with hdmi cable, and Sent Audio from airtel dth to avr using optical cable.
Regarding audio,if you get audio from projector,then simply turn off Yamaha AVR keeping pj on.You will see Avr sound option in playback devices of laptop

Regarding video,it look like you are getting extended display.So enter in laptop graphic setting and make video duplicate.

Spirovious and tuff....

My video issue is resolved:clapping: thanks for all the help !!!

My AUDIO issue is not solved yet..i have to troubleshoot it further... i will try windows audio drivers...

Regarding audio,if you get audio from projector,then simply turn off Yamaha AVR keeping pj on.You will see Avr sound option in playback devices of laptop

Regarding video,it look like you are getting extended display.So enter in laptop graphic setting and make video duplicate.

Hey spirovious,

May be i didn't understand fully, if I switch off avr, how can I see it in the laptop playback devices ???

Please see the below images.. when PJ is swiched off, AVR is working.

When PJ is swiched on, AVR just disappears...
ff6a16aa27c3858a48f6a320d2e3dfce.jpg
0f5b130a892b401c8b1a585961585082.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

When Pj is on,just turn off AVR ,wait for 10secs(even avr main power off),then turn on AVR.This time laptop should show AVR in playback devices

If that doesn't work, right click on the device panel (like in the snapshots you have posted) and click enable disabled devices. Restart the system and check again.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

If that doesn't work, right click on the device panel (like in the snapshots you have posted) and click enable disabled devices. Restart the system and check again.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Resatrting Yamaha when Pj, Laptop usually works.
Else disable PJ in playback device and restart.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back