Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hi Friends,
Got a Yamaha RX-V383 recently.I was using an Onkyo AVR that came with a HTiB.In the Onkyo i got Dolby Digital text displayed whenever i was playing 5.1 movies.But the Yamaha is having displays like,standard,stereo,5 channel stereo,and many theatre modes.Five mini speaker lights are glowing irrespective of me playing 5.1 movies or not.I have subscribed to the UltraHD pack on Netflix and playing it through the Netflix app on my 4k TV.Onkyo automatically will change its display to DD whenever i played the movies from the above said Netflix app on the TV.What should i do, to know if i am getting DD on my Yamaha.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Hi Friends,
Got a Yamaha RX-V383 recently.I was using an Onkyo AVR that came with a HTiB.In the Onkyo i got Dolby Digital text displayed whenever i was playing 5.1 movies.But the Yamaha is having displays like,standard,stereo,5 channel stereo,and many theatre modes.Five mini speaker lights are glowing irrespective of me playing 5.1 movies or not.I have subscribed to the UltraHD pack on Netflix and playing it through the Netflix app on my 4k TV.Onkyo automatically will change its display to DD whenever i played the movies from the above said Netflix app on the TV.What should i do, to know if i am getting DD on my Yamaha.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Keep it in straight mode by pressing the straight button. It works for me.
The modes you mentioned are in the music button.

I am playing a 5.1 movie and keeping the avr in straight mode.But the display is ‘Audio01’ only.

Keep it in straight mode by pressing the straight button. It works for me.
The modes you mentioned are in the music button.

In the Straight Mode, it will show the audio format. Also in the AVR, you should have INFO button that would toggle between the information or the source that plays. Please check.

I would suggest to refer to the Owners manual and check for better understanding....

Try another movie and see if the same challenge

There should be a info button on the remote.Keep pressing and you should see 'Audio Decoder' . leave it.

Hi , My ageing 667 has developed handshake issues . It was purchased on this forum in 2012 . The video keeps turning off and on on hdmi inputs while the audio stays . I am worried that its going to damage my new oled too . Took it to delhi for service . Authorised service centre in patparganj - sargam (dont remember the name) told that the hdmi card replacement costs 15 k plus tax. He offerwd me an offer to repair the old card for 3 k , and i agreed to it .But to cut the long story short , the repair didnt last 5 days and the problem resurfaced . What are my options .
Any good place to get ir repaired .
Any place where i can give it for replacement as damaged and pick a newer model.
Throw it can go for a new one .
Had purchased it for 30 k on this forum so spending 15 k plus tax for card replacement didnt sound sensible to me .
Regards
Dr Amit

Hi

If the new board is going to cost almost half of what you invested, you are better off buying another AVR.....this is the issue....build quality is bad across most brands....made in china......

If budget is a challenge, look out for pre owned options on hifiads.com, olx, For Sale by owner etc.

Dear Friends ..
I am feeling slight electrical shock from the Yamaha R-N 303 network receiver is there any gorunding required for the unit?
It's having a grounding option with phono input but not having any normal gorunding point..

Dear Friends ..
I am feeling slight electrical shock from the Yamaha R-N 303 network receiver is there any gorunding required for the unit?
It's having a grounding option with phono input but not having any normal gorunding point..
Hi,
Yamaha R-N 303 network receiver does not have 3 pin power plug i believe hence there is no option or need to ground it.IMO.
Is it having 3 pin power plug or 2 pin?
As you mentioned ground point near the Phono input is mainly for avoid electrical hum( earthing the return signal path ) IMO.
There could be few reasons for electrical shock.
1.One of your input source is having problem - ( Try remove one by input connections and see )- Hope it is bearable shock not something like fatal
2.There could be primary winding( insulation opened ) short inside the AVR ( main transformer )
3.One of your board shield connection is not proper.

Try removing the source and check as initial phase and see before concluding something.
Share the source detail- Any satellite box is connected ?

Dear Friends ..
Remove your network cable also, if it is connected !!!

Most probably it's electrical point issue, check electrical socket if lane/phase and Neutral with tester. indicator should glow only right side hole, if indicator of tester glows left side or both holes then it's certainly electrical point issue.

if it is connected to a DTH box, that is most likely the source for this shock.

Hi..

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V683 in Dec 2017. Now getting pop up "Firmware Update available" when using Muscicast..Please help whether to go with the update or postpone for later...

I am first time user..

Thanks,

Krish

Hi..

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V683 in Dec 2017. Now getting pop up "Firmware Update available" when using Muscicast..Please help whether to go with the update or postpone for later...

I am first time user..

Thanks,

Krish

Please go ahead with the firmware update. It is safe and does not bring any unexpected behavior.

It takes more than 15 minutes to update the system. So please make sure you have a stable internet to download the firmware. And strictly don't do anything to your receiver while the firmware is upgraded.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back