Yamaha AVR owners thread

I am now a proud owner of RX V683. I have a small query
First this is how I have done the connections
Tata Sky to AVR HDMI1
AVR Output to LG OLED TV HDMI2 with ARC
I have done all the necessary settings for ARC. So that means when I play something on TV like youtube videos etc, then the sound is played through AVR
Now the minor issue is that when I switch ON.
I see the tatasky video but NO audio. The input on AVR is set to Audio1 (ARC).
So I have to manually select HDMI1 from the remote and then the tata sky audio comes
I know this is not a major issue, but every time I switch on the system, I have to find the AVR remote and change the input to HDMI1
Is this normal. Is there a way in which I can set the default input to HDMI1 and when I want to view content on TV then I change the input to AUDIO1
I hope you guys understand the issue
Regards
I had the same issue with my Yamaha HTR 3066, pretty annoying.

Hello everyone!
My RX V661 is dead, took it to 2 authorised service centres in Mumbai, one could not repair the other is asking some 21K for replacing the DSP board, is it worth putting that kinda money (was purchased 10 years ago for about 30K) or should I go for a new one?
Also any recommendations for competent repair guys in Mumbai?
Thanks!

Hello everyone!
My RX V661 is dead, took it to 2 authorised service centres in Mumbai, one could not repair the other is asking some 21K for replacing the DSP board, is it worth putting that kinda money (was purchased 10 years ago for about 30K) or should I go for a new one?
Thanks!
First check all connections. If found 'dead', go for latest amp.

Hello everyone!
Thanks!

Hi

The AVR is 10 years old and this is expected to happen. Getting spares will be expensive. Repairers will charge a lot as they have to source the part from abroad....

From a write down value perspective, your costing (of use) was 3k per year barely rs 300 per month.....so in short ....made good use of the same.

There are many AVRs out there....you can try other brands...all depends on your budget.

If budget is tight and you want to get almost same or better performance, look at pre owned avrs available over Quikr and Olx.....there are a couple of Marantz AVRs and Denons you can look at....

All the best!

Did not understand this.. can you clarify a little bit more..
When you say "The input on AVR is set to Audio1 (ARC)", do you choose this input via Remote or does it by default get into this input source when the AVR is switched on. You could use the Quick Select (Scene) button on the AVR remote to map the TV butto (on AVR remote) with HDMI1, that way it would always go to HDMI1.

Hope this helps..

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

When you say "The input on AVR is set to Audio1 (ARC)", do you choose this input via Remote or does it by default get into this input source when the AVR is switched on. You could use the Quick Select (Scene) button on the AVR remote to map the TV butto (on AVR remote) with HDMI1, that way it would always go to HDMI1.

Hope this helps..

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv
Yes it selects the Audio1 when TV and AVR are switched on.. Ya I have configured scene to select the correct settings.. but that means an extra click on the AVR remote.. that's what I want to avoid

Hi

The AVR is 10 years old and this is expected to happen. Getting spares will be expensive. Repairers will charge a lot as they have to source the part from abroad....

From a write down value perspective, your costing (of use) was 3k per year barely rs 300 per month.....so in short ....made good use of the same.

There are many AVRs out there....you can try other brands...all depends on your budget.

If budget is tight and you want to get almost same or better performance, look at pre owned avrs available over Quikr and Olx.....there are a couple of Marantz AVRs and Denons you can look at....

All the best!

Thanks for the inputs guys.
In hindsight it does make sense to go for a new one, the RX V 683 looks promising! any users here?

Hello everyone!
Thanks!

better to get a new one with better features.

Thanks for the inputs guys.
In hindsight it does make sense to go for a new one, the RX V 683 looks promising! any users here?

There are users of 683 here on this thread.....if you have the budget and will use all the features...then it makes sense....

If budget is low, pre owned is the best option.......later once you gather your budget, you can go and buy a new one and sell the pre owned one.....

Dear all good morning!!!
I have a question my RN 303 was working fine in Bluetooth but wen I connect the musiccast application though wifi Bluetooth sound distrotion is there any solution for this?

Hello everyone!
Thanks!
Try Joseph audio video,bhandup west.Person is knowledgeable and does chip level repairing.If its only microprocessor issue,then may 7k is total repair cost.
https://t.justdial.com/Mumbai/Josep...te-Jain-Temple-Bhandup-West/022PY007577_BZDET

Hey guys, can you help me out please....
My avr sub preout is giving continuous and big hmmmm noice.

for the first time I connected an active sub (mono amp+sub) to my earlier avr that came in YamahaYHT196 package.

Instead of giving bass, a continuous and big hmmmm notice is coming from the sub.

(I know the mono amp+sub is working fine.... Because is works well with my other amp RXV681)

Any solution for this please... is there a problem with sub preout ??? Or any settings ???

Hey guys, can you help me out please....
My avr sub preout is giving continuous and big hmmmm noice.

for the first time I connected an active sub (mono amp+sub) to my earlier avr that came in YamahaYHT196 package.

Instead of giving bass, a continuous and big hmmmm notice is coming from the sub.

(I know the mono amp+sub is working fine.... Because is works well with my other amp RXV681)

Any solution for this please... is there a problem with sub preout ??? Or any settings ???
Without disturbing/Touching mono amp and speaker side try to use the same cable as you are using it for Rxv681( remove the cable only from avr back side n try,sometimes dry soldering might be in your mono amp side also which is highly possible compared to AVR side.AVR preamp ports are designed like that and it should be ideally mounted on pcb )
How about inbuilt sw speaker output from YHT 196 AVR while connecting with passive Sub OUT (back side of AVR spring loaded speaker socket )?.Humm present in that too?If no then there could be dry soldering in pre out RCA socket.If yes there is a problem in preamp circuit itself.IMO
I have less idea about YHT 196 settings but i feel you have minimal chances in Avr settings to create such kind of issue.

Atb

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back