Yamaha AVR owners thread

Thanks Spirovious. Your input is certainly helpful for potential buyers. Most of the time we have threads where FM is confused between two brands or models. Now they will have more clearity about the sound signature of brands. If possible more FM may share their inputs...

Hi Antonio,

I have got a friend who is based in south Goa,,,,near Margao if you want to get something repaired or service. Likewise there is a contact in Mumbai.....PM me if you need the numbers,,,,
Thanks so much dear friend. Do share both their contacts. Goa and Mumbai aswell.
God bless thanks

@rpmahale I went from a Marantz SR6009 to a Yamaha Aventage 1070 and now I’m coming back to the Marantz SR6012. The ONLY reason is the number of channels. The Aventage cannot be compared to the SR series. The Yamaha is much more powerful, has a whole lot of features more and is better built and finished. This is just my personal opinion and experience since I’ve used both and can make a safe comparison.

I just told another friend yesterday this.... the Marantz is like idli sambhar, the Aventage is beef curry :D

There is no output from the centre channel of my YAMAHA RXV667.
What could be the problem and what to do? the speaker otherwise works well when connected to a different output.
mother board problem?
worth keeping or selling... How much will i get if i sell it now?

What could be the problem and what to do? the speaker otherwise works well when connected to a different output.
mother board problem?

Before I conclude it is a MOBO issue, may be try out these steps in order of your choice:

1> Remove all connections from AVR, reconnect one speaker at a time, check for test signals, may be there is a short somewhere
2> Restore to Factory defaults on AVR and check

If issue persists, then weigh in the options between Fix, Trade In or Keep as is.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rajiv

mother board problem?
Try test signals .
Or try playing all channel stereo mode.
Hope it should have all channel stereo mode option.
Mother board isssue is less chances for this case.
Might be improper connection/speaker failure/cable issue or power amp ic for centre channel/Transistor could be the issue.

Hi, I am looking for Yamaha Aventage, can anyone Advise I should go for 2017 A3070 or 2018 A2080 & why.
Also if can share Yamaha dealer contact who can offer best rates.
Thanks

Hi, I am looking for Yamaha Aventage, can anyone Advise I should go for 2017 A3070 or 2018 A2080 & why.
Also if can share Yamaha dealer contact who can offer best rates.
Thanks

Hi

Profx deals with Yamaha, speak to them to check when these models are launching and also check what best discount they can offer...

Another dealer is MZ Audio (speak to Sayyed).....Celester340 picked his Yamaha AVR from MZ Audio....

Hello,

I had purchased the Yamaha RX- V481 in jan17. Was working perfectly fine until yesterday. It is giving garbled jarring sound that too very loud on switching it on , in all inputs that is tatasky , blue ray , tuner or server. Means no normal sound output.
Kindly give me a heads up on the situation. Thanks in advance

Suggest you remove all sources connected.....check all speaker wires including the subwoofer cable....

The connect one source at a time and check if the same issue is happening.....

This way you can start troubleshooting and find out the exact cause

Hello,

I had purchased the Yamaha RX- V481 in jan17. Was working perfectly fine until yesterday. It is giving garbled jarring sound that too very loud on switching it on , in all inputs that is tatasky , blue ray , tuner or server. Means no normal sound output.
Kindly give me a heads up on the situation. Thanks in advance

Try resetting the AVR to factory default as per the instructions given in the Manual. Hope this fixes the issue.

Any V685 owners pls confirm if you can add a 2 Ch External Amp to the Front Preout and let the remaining speakers (rear, center etc..) to be powered by the AVR Amp ? will that work that way ? or the user is restricted to choosing between line level and speaker level output ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back