Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hi,
I had posted earlier(#1047) that my Rx 473 has gone into standby mode and not responding to any command. I located the Service Centre "SoundRex" in Kolkata, College Street, and took the AVR to them. Found the owner Mr Rajesh quite knowledgeable and a fine gentleman indeed. He also services Denon & Marantz. And my AVR? All it required was thorough cleaning of PCBs & contacts. As I was away for nearly three months and the AVR was lying unused, lot of dust and muck( due to rainy season) had deposited which was causing short circuiting.
Sharing just in case somebody lands in such situation.
--- vnmathur

Good to know that AVR is working fine now. Covering the AVR with a cloth when not in use will help to some extend as the top vents will be covered.

Dear Forum Members

I am based in Delhi and have yamaha receiver RX-V463. Can somebody please help me lend the YPAO mic to configure the speakers. I can pick it up and return as soon as I am done.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys ,

I am planning to buy a New 7.2 AVR as My Onkyo HTR-390 is giving some issue on changing my Stock speakers to Yamaha Tower Speaker ( NS-f71 & NS-p51 ). Need your recommendation on which model to choose .I have a Budget for 45 K for my New AVR .As this is my Second AVR need it to be Future Proof for at least 5 years .Also i have a no idea on the Performance of Denon vs Yamaha AVR .My Usage will be 50 Music and 50 Movies .

Some of the Models i have gone through reading reviews ,I am from Madurai so i have No option to explore these new Models in Demo :(

Yamaha Rx-V585
Denon AVR-X1500H

One point many of the Dealers say about yamaha Amp is the reliability compared Denon Amp .Is that true ?

Thanks

Hi Guys ,

I am planning to buy a New 7.2 AVR as My Onkyo HTR-390 is giving some issue on changing my Stock speakers to Yamaha Tower Speaker ( NS-f71 & NS-p51 ). Need your recommendation on which model to choose .I have a Budget for 45 K for my New AVR .As this is my Second AVR need it to be Future Proof for at least 5 years .Also i have a no idea on the Performance of Denon vs Yamaha AVR .My Usage will be 50 Music and 50 Movies .

Some of the Models i have gone through reading reviews ,I am from Madurai so i have No option to explore these new Models in Demo :(

Yamaha Rx-V585
Denon AVR-X1500H

One point many of the Dealers say about yamaha Amp is the reliability compared Denon Amp .Is that true ?

Thanks
Yamahas are good. My HTR 3067 is running for 2 years without any problem.

Hi Guys ,

Yamaha Rx-V585
Denon AVR-X1500H

Thanks

Among the two my vote for Yamaha 585.
Yes It is a known fact that Yamaha scores on reliability and availability of service centers even in small towns

Hi Guys ,

Yamaha Rx-V585
Denon AVR-X1500H

Thanks

Hi

If it is more for music then Marantz...more towards movies then Pioneer & Denon and if it is 50:50 then Yamaha works best....

No AVR is future proof....all depends on what you expect your AVR to do....primarily AVRs are designed to give you the cinema experience at home....nowadays most AVR models & brands are fronting gimmick features of Wifi, Bluetooth etc etc which work sometime too well ...else fail.....

Most AVR brands are built in China (designs can come from US or Wherever). Parts used are reliable to a certain extent...dont expect the AVR to last like a Made in Japan product (Japan does lot of testing and quality control..hence expensive and rarely available).

If you are not too much into gimmicks and looking for a pure performance of 7.1 or Atmos (which is still settling in), you may be better off purchasing a Yamaha or the desired brand of a flagship mid segment or high model of 2016/2017 which will be cheaper than the 2018 models.

If you cant audition, please read reviews and the various brand threads we have here....some Youtube videos also help to get some idea.....

All the best!......if the AVR is used in the intended recommended way and is taken care of, it will easily last minimum 3 years...

Hi Guys ,

Yamaha Rx-V585
Denon AVR-X1500H

Thanks

IMHO both the above AVRs are equally good. I've used an Yamaha AMP for little over 6 years without any complains, I moved to a DENON to get the feel of Audyssey and 7.1. I feel DENON has a much warmer signature for music whereas Yamaha exhibits raw power. With regard to reliability, can't really predict these days as most AVRS are built in PRC, so need to go with warranty and luck there. I hope you find the right AVR, no need to rush in to it, I planned and researched for almost 18 months before I switched AVR's, all the best!

IMHO both the above AVRs are equally good. I've used an Yamaha AMP for little over 6 years without any complains, I moved to a DENON to get the feel of Audyssey and 7.1. I feel DENON has a much warmer signature for music whereas Yamaha exhibits raw power. With regard to reliability, can't really predict these days as most AVRS are built in PRC, so need to go with warranty and luck there. I hope you find the right AVR, no need to rush in to it, I planned and researched for almost 18 months before I switched AVR's, all the best!
Thanks Rajiv, I hope your Yamaha AMp should be a 5.1 .Leaving the 7.1 aside how do you look Denon and Yamaha ?. Yamaha also has the YPAO is that not good as Denon Audyssey .

If you are not too much into gimmicks and looking for a pure performance of 7.1 or Atmos (which is still settling in), you may be better off purchasing a Yamaha or the desired brand of a flagship mid segment or high model of 2016/2017 which will be cheaper than the 2018 models.
I would be happy if you could share me some models . I am ok to go if that suits my Budget .But i try to get an quote for Yamaha Rx-V583 / 683 Didn't find any Seller for it .

Thanks Rajiv, I hope your Yamaha AMp should be a 5.1 .Leaving the 7.1 aside how do you look Denon and Yamaha ?. Yamaha also has the YPAO is that not good as Denon Audyssey .
Audyssey is probably more matured that YPAO in my opinion (not to offend YPAO lovers), I didn't have one in my Yamaha as it was a BASIC model(YHT-196/HTR-2064). If I compare movie sound alone, I found the Denon to be more balanced in all departments i.e dialogue clarity+surround effects+LFE, Yamaha on the other hand probably needed more tweaking to get the same desired effect. In terms of music however I feel Denon has an upper hand, Yamaha is a little harsh and needs to be paired with a more warmer sounding speakers.

Hi all... I'm using Rxv681 along with step down transformer, Maxine 1.5kva.

What should I do to protect from voltage fluctuations or any other power related risks?? Any suggestions please....

The best would be to use Power Surge protectors which are available online and made by various companies....Belkin etc. Most of those who stay in locations where power supply is erratic use such protectors. Keep in mind the total load that you would connect on the same and make the purchase...(AVR+Blu Ray+TV, etc)

I would also try to remove the dependency of using the step down transformer and see if I can change the AVRs transformer to 220 - 240v with Yamaha Service center or a qualified electrician (who can source the required appropriate power transformer)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back