Yamaha AVR owners thread

I'm sorry if this has been asked before....I couldn't find the right thread/post for the same...I'm shifting to the US and I have a Yamaha Rx V377 with wharfe 5.1+Polk(FS)+Yamaha (FS) speakers. Would I be able to use it there? What components do I need to make it compatible there?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before....I couldn't find the right thread/post for the same...I'm shifting to the US and I have a Yamaha Rx V377 with wharfe 5.1+Polk(FS)+Yamaha (FS) speakers. Would I be able to use it there? What components do I need to make it compatible there?
Sell it here and buy new better stuff in US.

MaSh

+1 to MaSh reply. Not worth the hassle of taking 220 volts gear from here to the US. You can get better gear in the US and at much better prices.

Hi, I bought Yamaha AVR(RX-V585) couple of days back. Want to check if banana plugs can be used to connect AVR and speaker. Did anyone do this?

Also, I want to buy NS-SW300 sub, however stock is not available at HYD. Where else can I buy it quickly, with bill & warranty?

Hi. Wondering if it would be good to drive 86 dB / 4 ohms speakers and of course on how you find the sound Q in general.
Room calibration and music cast is + .
Sq in general it's good.IMHO it is not audiophile preferred one. To my ears it's good and VFM. No comments /not tried internal DAC .Again everything boils down to taste,speaker ,room & Source obviously.

Room calibration and music cast is + .
Sq in general it's good.IMHO it is not audiophile preferred one. To my ears it's good and VFM. No comments /not tried internal DAC .Again everything boils down to taste,speaker ,room & Source obviously.
Looking for something mainly for BS and streaming. Seems to have decent power to drive 4 ohms. Thanks.

Regarding the Yamaha RX-V479, there are user options to set 8 and 6 ohms, speakers. Wondering if it could be used for 4ohms/86 dB speaker for 2 ch only - at moderate levels.

Regarding the Yamaha RX-V479, there are user options to set 8 and 6 ohms, speakers. Wondering if it could be used for 4ohms/86 dB speaker for 2 ch only - at moderate levels.
lf user manual states dynamic power ratings for 4 ohms,then you can.Only issue is sensitivity of speakers which is low.

lf user manual states dynamic power ratings for 4 ohms,then you can.Only issue is sensitivity of speakers which is low.
Hi. The specs do mention dynamic power of 160 watts at 4 ohms, but as you said, the low sensitivity could be an issue. Thanks.

Sell it here and buy new better stuff in US.

MaSh

Thanks for the response. My company will help me with the relocation and i will not be spending a penny there. Hence wanted to check this option.
What equipment do i need to make it compatible there in the US? Voltage and the frequency?

Thanks for the response. My company will help me with the relocation and i will not be spending a penny there. Hence wanted to check this option.
What equipment do i need to make it compatible there in the US? Voltage and the frequency?
Best sell it here. Sorry to say but 377 isn’t worth it. Us is paradise for home theatre products. You can easily get a much better video for a good price

It's not about the money, never was. It's not worth the hassle. The options in US are tenfold. Whether you pay or not, it's no point carrying old stuff to US only to regret it once there. You'll not be able to sell it there.

MaSh

Hello everyone,I am new to this group and scanned through all the 60 pages in 2-3 weeks. Its really good discussion and gave answers to most of my questions except below two.
1. Can I play Indian FM channels on it , any luck with Frequency setting?
2.Any one got Atmos via eARC ? planning to buy C8/C9 and Atmos is one criteria for TV selection.

I got V685 from US last year (after burning Denon 520BT due to Tatasky box) .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back