Yamaha AVR owners thread

Recently I got "1.72" firmware version for Yamaha V685. The major changes I see is inclusion of Amazon Music and Alexa as input. Not sure how to use alexa as input, but when I tried to sign in for Amazon Prime Music with Musiccast, it redirects to Amazon music for login, and prompt for successful login after providing credential but nothing happens when it return back to Musiccast app. I can some animation of loading but no luck and I cannot play Amazon music as source for streaming.

well this article says to keep INFO and TONE control buttons pressed, and then press the power button.
May be this works for Aventage model.

Mine is RXV681 and it doesnt have INFO button...so im not sure what is the right combination for this model.
Secondly, please see the attached image from RXV681 user manual..
AVR ISSUE.jpg

well this article says to keep INFO and TONE control buttons pressed, and then press the power button.
May be this works for Aventage model.

Mine is RXV681 and it doesnt have INFO button...so im not sure what is the right combination for this model.
Secondly, please see the attached image from RXV681 user manual..
View attachment 41180
Service manual can tell how to enter avr history if power turns on.
Screenshot_2019-11-13-21-52-17-778_com.whatsapp.png

Recently I got "1.72" firmware version for Yamaha V685. The major changes I see is inclusion of Amazon Music and Alexa as input. Not sure how to use alexa as input, but when I tried to sign in for Amazon Prime Music with Musiccast, it redirects to Amazon music for login, and prompt for successful login after providing credential but nothing happens when it return back to Musiccast app. I can some animation of loading but no luck and I cannot play Amazon music as source for streaming.
Any luck with Amazon music? I m also facing same issue.

musiccast alexa skill is not available in india yet
u should use some us based address in order to make alexa to work in yamaha avr

Guys....need suggestion between Yamaha 585 vs Onkyo 686. I am more inclined towards Yamaha due to availability of service centers in my place in india (kolkata) Planning to get this from UK & will carry back to india during R2I. Seems the 1 year Indian warranty won't be applicable, however i am not much bothered about the 1 yr warranty since after 1 year anyhow you are on your own, but how about the paid service in india...has anyone faced any issues in terms of availing paid service for international purchase? Also guys please suggest for speakers for this receiver.

Hi, I bought Yamaha AVR(RX-V585) couple of days back. Want to check if banana plugs can be used to connect AVR and speaker. Did anyone do this?
How's the AVR's performance so far....i am waiting for mine getting in next week...can you also suggest for the speaker's profile you have paired with your AVR....is it worthy carrying speakers from UK to india?

Guys....need suggestion between Yamaha 585 vs Onkyo 686. I am more inclined towards Yamaha due to availability of service centers in my place in india (kolkata) Planning to get this from UK & will carry back to india during R2I. Seems the 1 year Indian warranty won't be applicable, however i am not much bothered about the 1 yr warranty since after 1 year anyhow you are on your own, but how about the paid service in india...has anyone faced any issues in terms of availing paid service for international purchase? Also guys please suggest for speakers for this receiver.
I was able to get a 110 V receiver without any problem from Yamaha service center not in Kolkata but in another metro.

Not sure if I ever posted here. I got Yamaha v585 around 5 months ago. Super happy with it so far.

The update @Stayalive and @birendra_ssr talking about happened to mine as well. And I got the same issue. I understand Yamaha skill for smart homes is not available, but signing into Amazon Music account should not have been a related challenge.

I signed into Spotify and have been using it from day 1. I was hoping Amazon music to work the same way. Just sign in and start using.

Not sure if I ever posted here. I got Yamaha v585 around 5 months ago. Super happy with it so far.

The update @Stayalive and @birendra_ssr talking about happened to mine as well. And I got the same issue. I understand Yamaha skill for smart homes is not available, but signing into Amazon Music account should not have been a related challenge.

I signed into Spotify and have been using it from day 1. I was hoping Amazon music to work the same way. Just sign in and start using.
Thanks for response.To fix this problem i am moving to iphone to use Airplay which can work with amazon and other main music service. Currently out of city so could not verify but hoping Airplay will work smoothly with 685.

I plugged in 16GB pen drive to AVR. I was able to play songs off it - but no video playback. Is that a limitation of AVR where it can't play video off USB?

I plugged in 16GB pen drive to AVR. I was able to play songs off it - but no video playback. Is that a limitation of AVR where it can't play video off USB?
Yes. that's true. AFAIk, most of the mainstream AVRs dont play videos through USB. It's only Audio.

advice on a compatible floor standing speakers or speakers for yamaha RN 303....room size 10 by 15 ft....presently only this much required...and also where to buy them online

I have a 467 which was working fine until 3 days ago. Next day morning I turn it on (with cec from tv)and the amp plays fine for 5 min and then the programs start switching automatically. I pressed the program button thinking it was stuck and things are working fine. Again after 10-15 min same thing. I tried switching it off from the power button and it did not work.
I have noticed none of the buttons on the front panel work now. Remote works fine and switches on/off also. I hav also opened up the amp and cleaned the amp from inside just to rule out dust and carbon build up.
If repair is the only solution can anyone point me to a service centre nearest to kandivali?

I have a 467 which was working fine until 3 days ago. Next day morning I turn it on (with cec from tv)and the amp plays fine for 5 min and then the programs start switching automatically. I pressed the program button thinking it was stuck and things are working fine. Again after 10-15 min same thing. I tried switching it off from the power button and it did not work.
I have noticed none of the buttons on the front panel work now. Remote works fine and switches on/off also. I hav also opened up the amp and cleaned the amp from inside just to rule out dust and carbon build up.
If repair is the only solution can anyone point me to a service centre nearest to kandivali?
Have you tried the classic RESET option.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back