Yamaha AVR owners thread

Hello everyone,I am new to this group and scanned through all the 60 pages in 2-3 weeks. Its really good discussion and gave answers to most of my questions except below two.
1. Can I play Indian FM channels on it , any luck with Frequency setting?
2.Any one got Atmos via eARC ? planning to buy C8/C9 and Atmos is one criteria for TV selection.

I got V685 from US last year (after burning Denon 520BT due to Tatasky box) .

If the FM band range is available on the AVR, you will be able to get the channels...hook up the FM antennae and start tuning automatically or manually feed in the frequencies.

I believe there is another thread posted specifically for C8/C9 and there you will know if the capability / functionality of passing Atmos signals is present or not. If present and your AVR can decode the same then no challenges

Hello brothers,
I have purchased a yamaha yht 1840 home theatre from reliance digital,faridbad on 29 September 2019.
let me tell you how made the connections:-
1.hdmi arc from 1840 to hdmi ARC of my sony x8500f tv.
2.hdmi from my dishtv set top box to hdmi 1 of 1840.

now the problem i am facing:-
1.I am unable to get sound from HT from netfllix,youtube and STB simultaneously.
I am getting sound from HT when i select hdmi1 as input(i.e STB) but when i watch Netflix and YouTube, no sound is coming from HT even after changing input of HT.

2.now when i take out power of STB,sound from YouTube ,network start coming
3.again now switch on STB sound from both STB and Netflix start coming after changing inputs
but now if i switch off TV again. above point 1 and 2 problem comes again.

3 guys from reliance has visited but had little knowledge and couldn't solve the problem.
today 1 guy from service centre from yamaha came but he too couldn't solve the problem and it seems he had not much knowledge either and said it might be technical fault and need to take the system to service centre.

please if anyone can help me with connection if u think it is the problem with the set up and HT is not faulty..

I've researched the problem with Pioneer VSX832 and the measurements show that it outputs only 38W per channel at 4 ohms! Since Wharfedale 225 are 8ohms, the input wattage was probably around 19W! Sound was rather flat, dim, lacked details on lower volume. Dissapointing.

I would take Yamaha R-N803, since it has adjustable crossover frequency, but no HDMI ports (its a stereo receiver). Main priority is Yamaha RX-V685 or V683 - should have plenty of power, adjustable crossover, plenty of inputs, though my main concern is sound quality in stereo/music.
Hello brother,
I have purchased a yamaha yht 1840 home theatre from reliance digital,faridbad on 29 September 2019.

1.I am unable to get sound from HT from netfllix,youtube and STB simultaneously.
I am getting sound from HT when i select hdmi1 as input(i.e STB) but when i watch Netflix and YouTube, no sound is coming from HT even after changing input of HT.

3.again now switch on STB sound from both STB and Netflix start coming after changing inputs

3 guys from reliance has visited but had little knowledge and couldn't solve the problem.
today 1 guy from service centre from yamaha came but he too couldn't solve the problem and it seems he had not much knowledge either and said it might be technical fault and need to take the system to service centre.

please help me with connection if u think it is the problem with the set up and HT is not faulty..

Hello brothers,

please if anyone can help me with connection if u think it is the problem with the set up and HT is not faulty..

Firstly welcome to the Forum.

Secondly have you connected the HDMI cables correctly in the right slots? Please refer to the setup or owners manual of both the system as well as the TV.....

Connect one device at a time ....I assume you are using a SMART TV , have you checked the ARC and audio settings? Are you using the right bandwidth of HDMI cable?

I am sure you might be missing a step. There are many users here who are using the YHT 1840 and there have been no major HDMI related issues reported.

Read both manuals....for now dont connect the STB......first get the ARC thing resolved where the TV should send sound signals to the AVR.....once this is resolved then attach the STB to HDMI 2

All the best

Secondly have you connected the HDMI cables correctly in the right slots? Please refer to the setup or owners manual of both the system as well as the TV.....

Connect one device at a time ....I assume you are using a SMART TV , have you checked the ARC and audio settings? Are you using the right bandwidth of HDMI cable?

I am sure you might be missing a step. There are many users here who are using the YHT 1840 and there have been no major HDMI related issues reported.

Read both manuals....for now dont connect the STB......first get the ARC thing resolved where the TV should send sound signals to the AVR.....once this is resolved then attach the STB to HDMI 2

All the best

All the best
1.i have connected hdmi ARC of tv to the hdmi out(white port)of yht 1840 and hdmi from STB to hdmi 1 of 1840 HT,i have read manuals of TV and did settings in TV as understood by me
2.i don't anything about bandwidth of HDMI cables,i purchased them online,both are high speed cable written on them.
3.when i dont connect STB sound is coming from netflix as i already said in my 1st query.
now when i connect STB to hdmi1 of HT,sound is coming from both STB and Netflix.sound is coming from STB when input is hdmi in HT and sound is coming from Netflix when i changed input of HT to audio1
but the problem is when i switch off the TV and HT and start again sound stops coming from Netflix only sound from STB is coming.
i already mentioned that in my 1st query in pint no. 3 of my problem.
please help as yamaha service centre guy couldn't help.

All the best
attaching files of my connections.1st pic HT connections,2nd STB connection 3rd TV connection

Attachments

• rps20191016_211813.jpg
    rps20191016_211813.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 35
  • rps20191016_211845.jpg
    rps20191016_211845.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 34
  • rps20191016_211913.jpg
    rps20191016_211913.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 31
Hi

Thanks for sharing further information and even the pictures...not sure which brand the HDMI cables are, if they are of high speed and Bandwidth then it should work. Also the HDMI version is important.

While I understand most of us are very anxious to get things up and running immediately, connections and settings need to be paid attention to and done appropriately to avoid such challenges etc.

Is the HDMI Control settings set to ON for both the AVR and the TV? If not done then the ARC function does not work properly.

See the links below.

Ideally, I would connect the STB in a separate HDMI input on the AVR then connect the TV output to a Coaxial or Optical input of the AVR...like this it The TV and STB would be on different sources on the AVR.

I would only use the HDMI out of the AVR to connect to the HDMI input of the TV to display video information of sources connected through HDMI on the AVR......i.e STB only.......Blu Ray Player......it will also send audio to the TV so that it can be heard through TV speakers....most of us have connections this way done and it works well.

Anyways you check and try the HDMI control settings on both if it is ON and see if the issue is resolved. If not the the only way I see is the suggested connection way which most of us have done.

Also note that most of us are either busy with work or other stuff and when time permits, someone would try to review and respond where possible to any challenges or queries. You will need to wait for specific answers or responses or advises. Most of us are quite passionate about AV products etc. and thats why we try our best to dedicate some time and help each other in order to improve the AV experience and knowledge share.

Hope the issue gets resolved.

After switching on the TV and Receiver, is sound from Netflix coming through ‘Audio 1’?

Yamaha’s menu is confusing and arc itself is a bit buggy. Connect stb in hdmi 1. Go to settings >hdmi and there you can assign an input to arc. Choose audio 1. Now turn off and on the arc from the menu. Hopefully, it works.

Hi

Thanks for sharing further information and even the pictures...not sure which brand the HDMI cables are, if they are of high speed and Bandwidth then it should work. Also the HDMI version is important.

While I understand most of us are very anxious to get things up and running immediately, connections and settings need to be paid attention to and done appropriately to avoid such challenges etc.

Is the HDMI Control settings set to ON for both the AVR and the TV? If not done then the ARC function does not work properly.

See the links below.

Ideally, I would connect the STB in a separate HDMI input on the AVR then connect the TV output to a Coaxial or Optical input of the AVR...like this it The TV and STB would be on different sources on the AVR.

I would only use the HDMI out of the AVR to connect to the HDMI input of the TV to display video information of sources connected through HDMI on the AVR......i.e STB only.......Blu Ray Player......it will also send audio to the TV so that it can be heard through TV speakers....most of us have connections this way done and it works well.

Anyways you check and try the HDMI control settings on both if it is ON and see if the issue is resolved. If not the the only way I see is the suggested connection way which most of us have done.

Also note that most of us are either busy with work or other stuff and when time permits, someone would try to review and respond where possible to any challenges or queries. You will need to wait for specific answers or responses or advises. Most of us are quite passionate about AV products etc. and thats why we try our best to dedicate some time and help each other in order to improve the AV experience and knowledge share.

Hope the issue gets resolved.
Thanks for responding,
1.both hdmi cables are high speed cable i dont think there is problem with that.

2.hdmi control of both the tv and AV is on

3.hdmi arc TV to AV out,HDMI stb to hdmi 1 AV and optical from TV to optical of AV (as u suggested)
i have already tried it and both STB and Netflix were working properly (sorry i did not mention it in my query as i was looking for a solution to make it working properly using HDMI only as my TV supports ARC)

4.I have discussed this issue with sijusid(member of hifivision,i appreciate his help) and got to know that it it may be the compatibility issue of STB and AV as ARC stop functioning when STB is connected and i have to use optical cable to solve this issue
5.wish it worked with HDMI only without using optical then i had the advantage of using just my TV remote to control the amplifier
6.i have attached a picture from owner's manual which says u don't need to use optical cable if ur TV supports ARC.please let me know if you still find a way to get it working using online HDMI

Thank you very much for your help.I appreciate a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-024000_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191018-024000_Drive.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 11
After switching on the TV and Receiver, is sound from Netflix coming through ‘Audio 1’?

Yamaha’s menu is confusing and arc itself is a bit buggy. Connect stb in hdmi 1. Go to settings >hdmi and there you can assign an input to arc. Choose audio 1. Now turn off and on the arc from the menu. Hopefully, it works.
1.yes sound is coming through 'audio 1' when STB is not connected.
2.i have already selected audio 1 as input.
there is no option to off the ARC on sony android TV.it had bravia sync option to ON and Off which OFF n ON the ARC.tried that too.
3.do you have yht 1840 too?

Hi All,

My RXV681 AVR is not switching on.
When i hit the power button on the remote, the small LED light near the AVR power button is blinking, but it is not switching on.
Any solution please ... anything like reset etc will work??

Last edited:
Thanks a lot !!!

By the way ...what are the possible reasons to go into protection mode?? I mean.... Problems with power supply etc etc ... I'm asking to get them fixed to avoid this happening again....
There is some way to enter AVR history which is seen on Avr display.
You can go through user manual and you can find it.

Thanks a lot !!!

By the way ...what are the possible reasons to go into protection mode?? I mean.... Problems with power supply etc etc ... I'm asking to get them fixed to avoid this happening again....
Is it working now?
Most likely, speaker wires were shorted. That is the most common reason that I can think of, if the receiver was not running hot.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back